X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
    I agree. I thought the same thing about all the hype around 'Black Ice'. 'Oh, it's great, they're back on track.....'. Nope, it contains songs which wouldn't be strong enough to get a new band signed.
    Hmmm... Black Ice was solid, A little too long. Maybe that's why I liked the new one. Short like the old days. Not as strong as Black Ice at all but I think 7 of the songs are solid. A few sleepers for sure. But I'll take it. The best thing about cds is you can make your own. I'll take Black Ice & this one and make a best of both. I'm urging all older bands including VH to stop putting out full albums. Give us an EP of 5-7 songs and hit the road. I can't savage a band of guy's in their 50's and 60's for not sounding like 1983 anymore. Unless it really sucks like what the Stones have tried to dump on us after 1990.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Drives me nuts when a long running band puts out an album and people say "They haven't done anything good since...." and then name a 25 year old album. It's never true. They just haven't duplicated the stuff they did during their prime.

Latest album is a disappointment, but they've had some good material since fucking FTATR, people....
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Name one song...

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

"Razor's Edge" was a pretty good record, actually. And it actually had the only official Ac/Dc Xmas single, "Mistress for Christmas".

A lot of mortals thought this was them, but it ain't.....

That, of course, is really Bob Rivers & Twisted Radio with Spike O'Neill doing the flawless Bon vocals.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Nobody I know mistook that silliness for AC/DC...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Love their riff oriented tunes like this one. Ones where it's just banging on two, maybe three chords the whole way, like Play Ball, not so much.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Name one song...
                Your kidding right ? I love Bon more than anyone. But I'll give Brain his due.They did lot's of great stuff with him. He walked into a almost no win situation and did o.k. Sure they weren't big in America yet but they were other places. I would say the first 2 albums with him are great then it's hit or miss. But still a lot of good tunes mixed in there.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Name one song...
                  Yeahhhhh ok. Every song they've done since 1981 has sucked.

Don't be a 'tard.
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

No songs named, though...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

No songs named, though...
                        Why would I waste my fucking time? Anyone who would make the statement you did isn't going to agree with any song I could name, and I'm not about to indulge you in your game.
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          Drives me nuts when a long running band puts out an album and people say "They haven't done anything good since...." and then name a 25 year old album. It's never true. They just haven't duplicated the stuff they did during their prime.

Latest album is a disappointment, but they've had some good material since fucking FTATR, people....
                          They've certainly done good songs since FTATR, but a good album? I'm struggling.........
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            They've certainly done good songs since FTATR, but a good album? I'm struggling.........
                            Flick of the Switch rocks, baby! Razor's Edge was good. Hell, Fly on the Wall was good.....It's hard to say they have BAD albums. Some are just better than the others.
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                              Bon Scott was the element of AC/DC that made that band great. They're mediocre without him. I've always maintained that Brian Johnson is the Sammy Hagar of that band.
                              I couldn't agree more WARF. There was a wonderful rawness and authentic vibe to Bon that never was equaled. I don't like my rock and roll too polished. This is why in many cases the first albums are the gems. It's like one of the guys in Metalica said. It's hard to write negative angry lyrics when you are getting a blowjob by the pool behind your multi million dollar home with a Ferrari in the driveway.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                I couldn't agree more WARF. There was a wonderful rawness and authentic vibe to Bon that never was equaled. I don't like my rock and roll too polished. This is why in many cases the first albums are the gems. It's like one of the guys in Metalica said. It's hard to write negative angry lyrics when you are getting a blowjob by the pool behind your multi million dollar home with a Ferrari in the driveway.
                                I don't buy that, because AC/DC has never been a band that lived the high life, even though they could. And their lyrics were never angry anyway. AC/DC is rock n' roll. I LOVED Bon, but Bon is dead. Brian Johnson has done an admirable job replacing a guy who was beloved, and has done it a LONG time. AC/DC never would have made another Highway to Hell with Bon either.....can't be done. (It's my favorite album)
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...