X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Dave Navarro. Totally overrated and sucks as bad as Slash does.
    Navarro was good with Jane's Addiction, but the album the Chili Peppers did with him was awful. Just not a good mix there.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Another Sucky Dan outcast... and the one who brought Mushmouth into the Doobie Brothers. And if that wasn't bad enough, he became a right wing "defense" contractor wackjob when his musical career faded away.
      Hired by Pentagon brass to be an imagineer of war like how Disney hires imagineers to bring forth new ideas to keep the Disney image from getting stale. Skunk and his employers are the types who can't see the forest through the trees. The real enemy is at the top of the pyramid they exist in, not the goat herders and peasants they stay awake at night figuring out how to kill with the best weaponry the propeller heads at MIT and Cal Tech and come up with.

Exploit the nerds and exploits the failed rock stars I say. The perfect blend of intelligence and stupidity. Maybe Ted Templeman should be brought in to lead things. Everything seems to go to shit without him.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-25-2014, 02:05 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave Navarro. Totally overrated and sucks as bad as Slash does.
        Navarro parlayed a little musical talent into a hosting gig on a reality show where he shows even less talent...
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Navarro parlayed a little musical talent into a hosting gig on a reality show where he shows even less talent...
          Dave is qualified to be president now. He has created a fake image and has experience on television. Dave's biggest accomplishment is not only screwing Carmen Electra but managing to get her to marry him. Lucky son of a bitch. I hate him!
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Are you guys telling me you don't like Jane's Addiction?
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
              Another Sucky Dan outcast... and the one who brought Mushmouth into the Doobie Brothers. And if that wasn't bad enough, he became a right wing "defense" contractor wackjob when his musical career faded away.
              Dude, you're obsessed with politics. I don't give a fuck if a musician is black, white, conservative, liberal, gay or straight. If I like their music, I like their music. I don't have to like them or whatever they do when they're not playing music. There's more to life than politics.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, I'm with Binnie on this one. As much of a tool bag as Navarro may be, I loved his playing on the three main Jane's A CDs. After Ritual though, I've got little interest in him. Some of the newer Jane's A is pretty good, but primarily because of Perry and Perkins.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  Are you guys telling me you don't like Jane's Addiction?
                  No because Jane's Addiction is a composition. Dave Navarro was just one element in it. It's like Eddie Van Halen was great when he was on the classic Van Halen team. That was a great composition. Ed sucked when he had all the creative control. Listen to "How Many Say I" if you don't believe me.

Jane's Addiction was a nice journey into madness. Kind of like Nirvana. Nothing like a bunch of fuck ups spewing their madness in creative ways that are actually enjoyable to witness. Something unique there.

Dave on his own is ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    Dude, you're obsessed with politics. I don't give a fuck if a musician is black, white, conservative, liberal, gay or straight. If I like their music, I like their music. I don't have to like them or whatever they do when they're not playing music. There's more to life than politics.
                    If people were in Skunk's shoes and were offered his defense gig they all would take it. Anyone who says otherwise is a lying mother fucker. Clearly someone wanted consultation from somebody who came from left field instead of the traditional kiss ass academic route. I would give the person who hired Skunk an all day sucker for thinking differently. LOL!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Two more for my overrated listed: the beatles & CS&N/CSN&Y

As far as the beatles go, yeah they we're groundbreaking, yeah they were influential, yeah they have some good tunes. I just find 90% of their stuff uninteresting. Bump that 90% up to about 98% and that's how I feel about CS&N/CSN&Y. And bump solo McCartney up to 100%

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Santana wrote one great song and then called it different names and played it over and over. Hear one Santana song, you've heard them all.
                        Yes and no. I'm not a big fan either but Santana has a little more variety than that. You can't say "Winning" sounds like "Black Magic Woman" or "Oye Como Va".
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

The Beatles were never overrated. Lennon & Co. knew how to write pop songs until they grew tried of the formula they created. Even they grew tired of the image that was the Beatles. If anything, The Beatles are over marketed.

That fucking logo is everywhere to the point where it has become another corporate whore like Coka-A-Rotten-Cola. I've seen it slapped on just anything from t-shirts to coffee mugs. I can't blame Lennon & Co. for this as much as I can EMI (speaking of corporate whores) who retains the rights to all Beatles images.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Some of the newer Jane's A is pretty good, but primarily because of Perry and Perkins.
                            That lead singer is a complete loony tune. I read a interviews in some magazine, some time in somewhere where he stated he was living in some really shitty apartment in downtown L.A. He spoke of a roommate who kept on eating his food to the point where Perry instead of confronting the roommate directly claimed to have masturbated all over his roommates food and never told him about it.

They always sucked. Except, maybe, 'Pigs In Zen.'

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              Yes and no. I'm not a big fan either but Santana has a little more variety than that. You can't say "Winning" sounds like "Black Magic Woman" or "Oye Como Va".
                              That's because "Winning" sounded like fucking Journey.

Which is ironic because the other two songs actually had members of Journey playing on them.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Santana did once do a beautiful instrumental called 'Aqua Marine' which sounded a like lot poppy jazz crossover Pat Metheny.

Comment

Working...