• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Overrated and Overplayed

Overrated and Overplayed

I still listen to terrestrial radio and I am a channel surfer. Fortunately I have several stations to choose from in my neighborhood.

HOWEVER, I AM SICK OF SOME SONGS.

Exhibit #1: Bob Seger - Old Time Rock and Roll.
    Nothing else to say. Just be thankful I did not post the official Tom Cruise Risky Business video and elevated this to super-douchebaggery

Last edited by Mushroom; 09-24-2014, 10:42 PM.
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Exhibit #2: David Essex - Rock On.
    Make me puke. Can you say "wannabe"?

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Anything by Steely Dan.

And I hate them too goddamn much to even post a video demonstrating how much they suck.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Anything by Steely Dan.

And I hate them too goddamn much to even post a video demonstrating how much they suck.
        I'm going to talk to Jesus right NOW!! You ain't gettin' into Hogwartz when you die...

Can't believe you'd even say that...just when I thought there was at least some musical taste somewhere in you...
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've already talked to Jesus about it. He hates them as much as I do.

Musically speaking of course.... Jesus doesn't hate them as human beings, because He can't hate anybody.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
            I've already talked to Jesus about it. He hates them as much as I do.

Musically speaking of course.... Jesus doesn't hate them as human beings, because He can't hate anybody.
            Somebody likes them. They sold a shitload of records. They don't seem like the kind of guys who sold their souls for rock and roll. Don't even like this?
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

I'm not saying this just because Ford worships them but I can't stand anything by U2. I don't care for their politcizing of rock and roll but it's their music I can't stand not their politics. I don't like John Fogerty or his politics but I like his music. I got CCR's Greatest Hits On my MP3 player. That makes up my entire music collection at the moment.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

These guys are the worst.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I hate Seger, but everything Steely Dan did up through FM (1980?) is A-OK in my book. The album of Aja start to finish is fantastic.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I hate Seger, but everything Steely Dan did up through FM (1980?) is A-OK in my book. The album of Aja start to finish is fantastic.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Did you take nothing but a bunch of really shitty drugs when you were younger?

Comment

• Mushroom
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Somebody likes them. They sold a shitload of records. They don't seem like the kind of guys who sold their souls for rock and roll. Don't even like this?
                        That is a good exhibit for Overplayed. I actually like a lot of Steely Dan, but not most of it.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Then there's Michael McDonald. Not only did he do to the Doobie Brothers what Hagar did to Van Halen.... he actually helped in the pussification of Van Halen by writing the keyboard part to "I'll Wait". And I hated that fucking song before I knew Mushmouth McDonald had anything to do with it.

The Doobies made exactly ONE decent song with him in the band, "Taking It To The Streets". The rest was elevator crap.

So I'll post a video of one of the elevator crap songs, I guess......

Oddly enough, Mushmouth was the original keyboard player for Steely Dan. Must be where he learned to SUCK.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

CCR: Definitely Overplayed but I find it difficult to say Overrated. They put out a ton of classic rock in such a short period of time.

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

Exhibit #3: AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long.
                              I love Back in Black but I am so so sick of this song

Last edited by Mushroom; 09-25-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...