• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

FORD will be along soon to declare that is "cheese."

Reminded me of Journey the first time I heard it.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Guiffria was a spin off of 70's glam band "Angel". Those guys invented cheese long before Journey ever thought of hiring a pussy like Jonathan Cain.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't forget about this "connection:"

Production had to be rushed on Van Halen, because Eddie had mistakenly let the band Angel hear You Really Got Me at drummer Barry Brandt’s house before the album was finished. Both bands raced to put out their own cover of the song.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That whole fashion of playing a different keyboard with each hand on either side of you was ridiculous.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Don't forget about this "connection:"
            Forgot that was Angel, their version would have been shit anyway.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              That whole fashion of playing a different keyboard with each hand on either side of you was ridiculous.

I have been setting up my 'boards in different configurations, tried that setup but didn't like it. Will probably go with an "L."

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Not a big fan of the keyboard but they work in some songs. I prefer piano.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I guess it was so he wasn't hidden behind them and you could see his ridiculous costumes. An L is far more sensible.

I think the most keyboards I ever played live was 3 and that would be 2 in front of me and one to the side.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

They're cheesy but this song's not as cheesy as the one I posted from Guiffra.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess it was so he wasn't hidden behind them and you could see his ridiculous costumes. An L is far more sensible.
                      That was pre- or very early in the time of MIDI. Want two sounds now? Just stack 'em up on the same MIDI channel.

I think the most keyboards I ever played live was 3 and that would be 2 in front of me and one to the side.
                      I'm trying to figure out which four boards I want on my two Deltex stands. This isn't even live, it's just to play at home! At least two will be controlling modules in a rack, and I gotta figure out where I want that.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

That 'call to your heart' video is impossibly ghey.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Angel was pretty corny, but they did manage to put out a couple of albums in the 70s that were not bad.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                            Angel was pretty corny, but they did manage to put out a couple of albums in the 70s that were not bad.
                            In other words they were mediocre. I saw something interesting about the origins of Angel. The lead guitarist Punky Meadows was previously in a band called The Cherry People. The Cherry People were "discovered" playing a gig at New York's Cafe Wha?. I'm sure most of the members of this site know Cafe Wha was owned By Diamond Dave's uncle Manny Roth. They put out one album in 1968 but the members weren't happy with it because of it's bubble gum sound. Here's an example of that.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              In other words they were mediocre. I saw something interesting about the origins of Angel. The lead guitarist Punky Meadows was previously in a band called The Cherry People. The Cherry People were "discovered" playing a gig at New York's Cafe Wha?. I'm sure most of the members of this site know Cafe Wha was owned By Diamond Dave's uncle Manny Roth. They put out one album in 1968 but the members weren't happy with it because of it's bubble gum sound. Here's an example of that.
                              Interesting tidbit.
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Late to the party with 15/20... I guessed good on several...
                                You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

Working...