X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I was tossed out of Laserium twice for snoring during Pink Floyd Laserium shows. The first time was towards the last of Dark Side Of The Moon but I drank almost a fifth of Jack Daniels right before it started. The second time was during The Wall. I was stoned but I wasn't that stoned. I just got bored and fell asleep. I was at a party (small party, not a rager) not long after that and somebody decided it would be a good idea to play the Wall. Before it was over half the people there were zonked out.

Oh, fuck me...
    they used to do them Floyd shows at the local planetarium, using pencil lasers. Wow, staring at the universe listening to a horrible PA system on truly dreadful dope and cheap assed beer.

And you wonder why I was so much of a failure the next day or month at mother-fucking astronomy.

"Welcome to the machine"...

Wanna stop by Taco Bell? I think they might still be open! :

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig

Oh, fuck me...
      they used to do them Floyd shows at the local planetarium, using pencil lasers. Wow, staring at the universe listening to a horrible PA system on truly dreadful dope and cheap assed beer.

The local planetarium for me was the one in Griffith Park in Los Angeles where they filmed part of Rebel Without A Cause and the beginning of the first Terminator when a naked Arnie takes Bill Paxton's clothes and puts them on. The first laserium show was done there in 1973. They use the top of line laser there and have a quality sound system. One time I went there without checking out what was happening and ended up at a laser opera. It was kind of lame but I somehow managed to make it through the entire show without falling asleep.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Ya got that right. Next to The Partridge Family, Led Zeppelin where the most contrived act on the planet.

Seriously...they where NOT a blues band, simply a couple of session guys and a pair of exploited rock and roll teenagers (Bonham & Plant).

The Brown Bomer has what, 3 semi-average tunes, at best?
        OK, in order...

1. "Whole Lotta Love"
        A noise-fest, yet cool guitar solo

2. "What Is and What Should Never Be"
        Don't even fucking ask...I sometimes like dumb shit.

3. "Heartbreaker"
        Are you shitting me? Even played on a distorted bass, this is the coolest riff in history.

After that, enough, as there really isn't much there ("Living Loving Maid"...Yer kidding, right?). I'd rather cook up some pancakes and bacon or Brown and Serve sausage (yes, w/syrup), put on some Pink Floyd or Rick Wakeman solo record and get a nap.
        Back when I was a teenager & couldn't "get" Led Zeppelin, I thought there was something wrong with me.

I mean, it was bad enough I never liked the Beatles, no matter how much I tried. But Led Zeppelin was something SACRED! Why couldn't I "get" it?

Only years later did I realize that the Beatles were never anything else than an overrated boys band & that Led Zeppelin, apart form a handful of good songs - probably stolen from someone else - had an incredible amount of filler crap in their albums.

Always did like Plant's voice, though... even if it sounds better on other stuff that's not Led Zeppelin.

Cheers!

Comment

• blueturk
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Alice Cooper "Goes To Hell". When you use a photo from the inner sleeve of your biggest album as a cover shot, things can only go downhill. And they did...

ac hell.jpg
          Last edited by blueturk; 08-02-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• blueturk
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by wolfsbane
            In Through the Out Door is Zep's second best album!

How can anyone listen to Presence?

The rest of the albums i know about, but have never heard.

So you've only heard ITTOD and Presence? So if ITTOD is second then Presence must be first. Say what?

Comment

Working...