X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
    Do you get beat up when you announce this in public? Not the song reference... the bought a Winger album part.
    Sesh!! You can install that negative rep button now!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Then people would just click on it and never post anything...

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Then people would just click on it and never post anything...
        See?? More proof of over moderation and heavy handed, even jack booted administration!!

Our war isn't over, Sesh. No, far from it. People ask me why I'm at war with you. My answer is the same as it has always been...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The guy from 'A Matter of Honor'?

Not one of the very best Columbo's but it's solid.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

My band opened for a latter-day Saigon Kick...and for shit's sake... They lived three blocks away from the venue, yet showed up about two hours late in a beat to all shit camper van, partying and wasted as all hell, then came onstage (small as it was, we are talking postage stamp, folks...) playing Zep/ Sab covers with a drummer using a kit pieced together from two or five kits and a trip to Home Depot for duct tape, wire and hope.

They refused to allow my opening band to fly a banner above our drums. That they were sure of.

(Oh, as they arrived from around the corner, they collectively smelt like a wet, smelly dog who had been bathing himself...in the poo of other animals...)

Former semi rock stars...WOW.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I know the name. Don't think I know one song by Saigon Kick. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Do you get beat up when you announce this in public? Not the song reference... the bought a Winger album part.
                Meh it was a decent album. What the fuck do I care who else liked it?
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                  Yeah, making the comment, "How does WASP's classic debut not make the list" = hissy fit. You're being as stupid as that twat Krispy with that shit right now.
                  Nah man. It was just that you did make the comment "why isn't X on this list"? That's how it starts & I've seen how it ends many times. It's a slippery slope.

And then I went on a rant because it reminded me of every single comment I've read about every single fucking list.

I usually go on rants.

But seriously, who the fuck cares? Someone made a list - either they don't know about something & they didn't put it there or they don't like something & they didn't put it there.

You go ahead & put up a PERFECT list. Spend years researching, study graphs, tendencies, popularity in the past, in the present, possible trending in the future, etc.

The first comment will be "why isn't X on this list?"

Comment

• VetteLS5
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                    Meh it was a decent album. What the fuck do I care who else liked it?
                    Was joking. Kip's got a few hidden gems amongst the drivel.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                      Nah man. It was just that you did make the comment "why isn't X on this list"? That's how it starts & I've seen how it ends many times. It's a slippery slope.

And then I went on a rant because it reminded me of every single comment I've read about every single fucking list.

I usually go on rants.

But seriously, who the fuck cares? Someone made a list - either they don't know about something & they didn't put it there or they don't like something & they didn't put it there.

You go ahead & put up a PERFECT list. Spend years researching, study graphs, tendencies, popularity in the past, in the present, possible trending in the future, etc.

The first comment will be "why isn't X on this list?"
                      Well, I imagine the only reason they make the lists is to get people to question the list. Otherwise no one would care to read it.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        My band opened for a latter-day Saigon Kick...and for shit's sake... They lived three blocks away from the venue, yet showed up about two hours late in a beat to all shit camper van, partying and wasted as all hell, then came onstage (small as it was, we are talking postage stamp, folks...) playing Zep/ Sab covers with a drummer using a kit pieced together from two or five kits and a trip to Home Depot for duct tape, wire and hope.

They refused to allow my opening band to fly a banner above our drums. That they were sure of.

(Oh, as they arrived from around the corner, they collectively smelt like a wet, smelly dog who had been bathing himself...in the poo of other animals...)

Former semi rock stars...WOW.
                        I opened for SK as well. Had no interaction with them, but always liked them. Like Extreme, there was much more to them than their stinky ballad. Jason Beiler is a great guitarist/songwriter. His latest project, Owl Stretching, is pretty decent.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

They're well hidden then. Must have hid them on another album by another musician.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            I opened for SK as well. Had no interaction with them, but always liked them. Like Extreme, there was much more to them than their stinky ballad. Jason Beiler is a great guitarist/songwriter. His latest project, Owl Stretching, is pretty decent.
                            I hung out backstage with Great White once in the mid 80s before they put out Once Bitten. They played a gig at a rec center in my home town. I was there because my bosses band was the opening act. The only band member who acted like a rock star was Jack Russell. They were pretty well known at the time in So Cal but they really gained popularity after they released Once Bitten.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Drivel? Drivel??? You gots to open your ears man, let your inner Winger out!! 17 was an awesome song!

And yes, I know Kristy will read what I just said, shake her head, say Donnie Dammit a few times and then remind me how it's a bad song. But I like it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

If this ain't deserving of first place I don't know what is. You got your hair, you got your geetar slingers, you got your bad ass drummer, then you got Kip being...well...actually I don't know what. Jazzercise instructor? Ballerina? Well those things made the chicks' ginies tingle so whatever.

And I think Kip played even less bass in that video than Wolfie did on the whole 2007 Reunion Tour.

Last edited by DONNIEP; 10-16-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...