Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

They played coma .... And it was cool that davros stood in at the last moment
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

From GNR facebook..not sure how to embed this..sound really good..pro shot dvd coming?

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Better is a great tune..good to hear them playing it..and Coma..wow

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Coma

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Dude sounds decent honestly..Grohls chair?
            Dunno about the chair, but he sounds close to what he used to. The whole band delivers, it's a pleasant surprize.
            Never been a fan of A. Rose's as a guy, but I must admit he's a great vocalist and a performer for certain.

Maybe someone should have broken DLR's foot so that he would have focused on his voice... but would he, anyway?

I remember being particularly wasted some time in '91 and discovering "Coma" turned to eleven with a pal of mine. That track was so powerful, the band was promising a few more albums that would... but as fate had it...

Does Slash's fellow axeman intentially impersonate Izzy Stradlin physically or am I seeing things?
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Setlist

It's So Easy
              Mr. Brownstone
              Chinese Democracy
              Welcome to the Jungle
              Double Talkin' Jive
              Estranged
              Live and Let Die
              Rocket Queen
              You Could Be Mine
              New Rose
              This I Love
              Coma
              Speak Softly Love (Love Theme from The Godfather)
              Sweet Child O' Mine
              Better
              Civil War
              Jam ("Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, Slash & Fortus Guitar Duet)
              Layla (Instrumental, with Axl on piano)
              November Rain
              Knockin' on Heaven's Door
              Nightrain

Encore:

Patience
              Paradise City
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

That's not a bad setlist. It's got basically most of what you'd want from a semi-reunited Guns and Roses in terms of songs. Maybe ditch Chinese Democracy and the lesser known tracks and throw a few more from Appetite/Illusions in their place (because, let's face it, THAT is what people going to THESE shows want to hear - after Slash and Duff are done then Axl's Guns du jour can go back to playing more post-Illusions tracks in the set).

From the clips I have heard and read, the band (by which I'm basically referring to Axl, because although Slash and Duff there gives it authenticity I by no means think on a technical level either of them are that tough to replace) sounds quite good. Much better than I would have expected.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Funny how life goes on for most of us, but the general opinion is if a band isn't what it was (or even close) after these many years people are disipointed. Sorry to say, nobody is exempt from getting old, and only a lucky few do it well. I have no leaning towards G&N but like VH, they let the critical time slip by......
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    Funny how life goes on for most of us, but the general opinion is if a band isn't what it was (or even close) after these many years people are disipointed. Sorry to say, nobody is exempt from getting old, and only a lucky few do it well. I have no leaning towards G&N but like VH, they let the critical time slip by......
                    In terms of doing anything beyond a cash grab oldies reunion, yeah, I'd agree both Guns and Van Halen each frittered away a good decade of time that they really didn't have to spare.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sirius is airing most of Coachella but I wasn't around to hear the GNR set. Maybe it'll end up on the torrents.

And finally made official. Axl will be filling in for Brian Johnson...

AC/DC'S ROCK OR BUST WORLD TOUR RESUMES WITH AXL ROSE ON VOCALS

"AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures. As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian's decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment. AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals. The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced. Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N Roses, Not In This Lifetime Summer Stadium Tour. The 10 postponed U.S shows will be rescheduled and announced imminently, also with Axl Rose.

Angus joined GNR onstage at Coachella

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If they add Slash, could they call it GNR? Or ACGNDCR?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

...they should have asked Hagar...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

So are the AC/DC fans gonna dig having Achwel sing or are they gonna go nuts? Cause I'm picturing those guys literally setting him on fire at the first show lol. Geez, couldn't they have just gotten a tribute band singer? I mean anybody has got to be better than Achwel. I know if I paid a couple hundred bucks for tickets and I found out Achwel was gonna be singing I'd be looking for a refund.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

You are a retund , but hey your ginger so can carry it

Comment

• Fairwrning
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Whole lotta wom.ma.ma.ma.ma.ma...ma..ma..ma..ma..yea..ehhh!!

I like it

Comment

Working...