X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
    No. I'm saying every post you make in these forums, is homoerotic.
    Aw, shucks. I bet you say that to every "member".

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Sorry, I don't remember where I read this, either here or elsewhere, but here's a Keith Richards quote about Bowie:

It's all pose. It's all fucking posing. It's nothing to do with music. He knows it too.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

I've considered that opinion of Keith's over the last two days. I've always liked Pinups and Station to Station, and even Let's Dance and two dozens of more or less famous songs, but watching Bowie videos in a documentary yesterday evening I thought Bowie's catalogue lacks soul*, especially the last 30 years. His music sounded a little too studied in a way, maybe it lacked some sort of substance... That said, I wouldn't deny my taste for about a third of what Bowie has recorded.

* though tunes like Young Americans sound really great. Maybe his songs sound too much like stylistic compositions.
        Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-12-2016, 04:54 PM.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Sorry, I don't remember where I read this, either here or elsewhere, but here's a Keith Richards quote about Bowie:
          Can't imagine Keith not liking Dame jaggers show biz buddies
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Certainly true that Bowie was always a "visual" artist as much as a musical one. Even before any of his infamous personas like Ziggy were created, Bowie pretty much invented the long form music video with a 25 minute film called "Love You Till Tuesday" which contained several songs, most of which probably remain unknown to all but the most hardcore Bowie fans. The entire video used to be on YouTube, but the usual corporate whores killed it. The one song everybody will recognize from the film remains available though.... but it's a different recording than the one you're used to....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Can't imagine Keith not liking Dame jaggers show biz buddies
              Jack Sparrow's dad has been having a go at everyone recently. I think he's probably doing it tongue in cheek.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

I go with Vonnie here...never liked Bowie or Lennon...both had some major influence anyhow. Not in my cup of tee...

Bowie is a homie somehow as he lived in Berlin for three years (with Iggy Pop) to get away from the drugs and always had a close relation with my hometown.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Certainly true that Bowie was always a "visual" artist as much as a musical one. Even before any of his infamous personas like Ziggy were created, Bowie pretty much invented the long form music video with a 25 minute film called "Love You Till Tuesday" which contained several songs, most of which probably remain unknown to all but the most hardcore Bowie fans. The entire video used to be on YouTube, but the usual corporate whores killed it. The one song everybody will recognize from the film remains available though.... but it's a different recording than the one you're used to....

You really have to be a hardcore fan not to burst out laughing while watching this.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I'm surprised Bono hasn't held a press conference yet to make Bowie's death be all about him.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                      I'm surprised Bono hasn't held a press conference yet to make Bowie's death be all about him.
                      We hate bono oh yes .

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Strange. Bono has said (many times) that he is a big Tin Machine fan.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Yeah ,strange I would like the music I like regardless of others opinion.

I think my dislike of him stems from his patronising , pompous know it all attitude , he comes across as full of shit. You sure you're not a huge fan of his

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

"I'm a huge Tin Machine fan," Bono told Rolling Stone back in 198-something. "Matter of fact, listening to Tin Machine makes me want to suck cock while Edge takes me up the ass. Now I'm not saying that Tin Machine in itself is gay but when I'm onstage I tend to think of the mic as Bowie's F A T cock ready to blow its wad in my F A T face."

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

"I'm a huge Tin Machine fan," Bono told Rolling Stone back in 198-something. "Matter of fact, listening to Tin Machine makes me want to suck cock while Edge takes me up the ass. Now I'm not saying that Tin Machine in itself is gay but when I'm onstage I tend to think of the mic as Bowie's F A T cock ready to blow its wad in my F A T face."
                              Yeah I saw that .. Cool

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Yeah...EVERYBODY is a Tin Machine fan. That's why both their albums sank without a trace and were found in bargain bins literally within months of being released.

Hey, I'm not talking sales = quality here, but too many bullshitters (not talking about the people on this site, so simmer down) are falling all over themselves to blather out "oh, I loved everything Bowie ever did" for that to be remotely true when you consider since the late 1980s his releases struggled just to go gold.

I'll say straight out I haven't paid one iota of attention to Bowie since his collaboration with Trent Reznor nearly 20 years ago, and you couldn't PAY me to listen to Bowie albums like Tonight or Never Let Me Down.

Sucks that he went out the way he did, though. Hope he didn't suffer.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...