X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Satan
    Or since Donnie loves the ballads, this one might seem familiar...

Nope. The only thing that reminds me of is the Alan Parsons Project Eye In The Sky.

This UFO song sucks. The singer sucks too.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Well, in fairness, that show was after Michael Schenker left the band and (temporarily) went back to the Scorpions. So it sounded better on the album.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        Although he and I have had some fairly heated Twitter discussions on Van Hagar, I don't despise Trunk as much as our Scottish friend....

That said, I echo much of what Terry says (as usual, right Terry?).....

I think in the last few years, the repetition of the guests started boiling down to "his buddies", like Bette, Portnoy, Jericho, etc.

Not only that, his guests really started getting obscure lately.....

I think the show will bounce back somewhere, like AXS-TV (Mark Cuban's channel, lots of concerts, etc.), but I would bet any deal would include getting rid of those two knuckleheads....
        Well, Trunk doesn't really need those two guys. They always ate up far greater amounts of airtime with their useless bits and plugging their comedy cds than they ever did actually contributing anything worthwhile.

Part of the problem is that most rock musicians don't have much worthwhile to say in interviews to begin with, which is to be expected. The other part of the problem is that you're not likely to get much worthwhile out of a short interview anyway. Plus, Trunk has to kiss their asses so they will return to the show. Juxtapose that with Howard Stern who WILL ask non-softball questions because a) he doesn't give a fuck and b) Stern wants to and knows how to ask such questions and get these chuckleheads to open up and say things besides the usual promotional tour blather.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
          Well, Trunk doesn't really need those two guys. They always ate up far greater amounts of airtime with their useless bits and plugging their comedy cds than they ever did actually contributing anything worthwhile.

Part of the problem is that most rock musicians don't have much worthwhile to say in interviews to begin with, which is to be expected. The other part of the problem is that you're not likely to get much worthwhile out of a short interview anyway. Plus, Trunk has to kiss their asses so they will return to the show. Juxtapose that with Howard Stern who WILL ask non-softball questions because a) he doesn't give a fuck and b) Stern wants to and knows how to ask such questions and get these chuckleheads to open up and say things besides the usual promotional tour blather.
          I confess I'm not an expert on the show I only saw a few but I think the reason it lasted so long is that people want a rock show not that it was a good version of it.

America is the home of standup comedy and there are dozens of guys that must have been better than those or at least rotate it and find out. Guys in heavy rock can take a joke especially a this point if it gets them on TV. Metal Sludge gets all the same people why be reverential when you are giving them a TV slot?

As for Trunk? I don't know where to start.
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-21-2016, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
            Plus, Trunk has to kiss their asses so they will return to the show.
            You think you have to kiss Taime Down's ass to get him to come back on TV?

A lot of these people are playing half empty clubs at this point. Anyway you can be fun and interesting without kissing ass unless you are shit at being a TV presenter.

Comment

Working...