X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mushroom
    Commando
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Someone should put a wood chipper on the edge of the stage and give Sammy Hagar a shove.
    Ok that’s funny shit

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

All I know is I heard a stellar review for the new album, but haven't heard more than one song so IDK...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Someone should put a wood chipper on the edge of the stage and give Sammy Hagar a shove.
        That asshole would need a Whole Tree Chipper!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
          Mushroom agrees. The Cure was a miserable band anyways.
          Watch it, hippie.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            And [Grohl] has little to nothing to say or sing about that is of interest...I dunno, is it that he's cultivated his 'nice guy' persona...is that why people like the Foo Fighters? Because they're a bunch of nice guys playing safe rock?
            Safe, generic, bland, trad rock. Foo Fighters music is so white its practically transparent. As far as David "Yellow Teeth" Grohl, his whole media whoring and self-aggrandizing has grown stale. I for one can't think of one Foo Fighters tune that is worth remembering much less listening to but that hasn't impeded Grohl to carry on like he does as if he some sort of self-appointed ambassador of music.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Maybe I’m living under old shedded tree bark, so I don’t get the David Grohl over-exposure assertions. Right now I see too much Beyoncé, Meghan the horse, and Lezzo.
              It's "Lizzo," you hippie. Anyhoo, it's all about shit you never heard of like SZA and Lizzo, Miguel, Tems, Metro Boomin, Ice Spice, Coi Leray, Latto, Lil Yachty, Doechii, Lola Brooke, Coco Jones, TiaCorine, Mase, and Cam'ron.

"Dave Grohl can suck my dick."

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                All I know is I heard a stellar review for the new album, but haven't heard more than one song so IDK...
                Of course you did. The music critics you so adore, would give a "stellar review" to an album of Grohl farting.

Nickdsheepboy

Comment

• Mushroom
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                  It's "Lizzo," you hippie. Anyhoo, it's all about shit you never heard of like SZA and Lizzo, Miguel, Tems, Metro Boomin, Ice Spice, Coi Leray, Latto, Lil Yachty, Doechii, Lola Brooke, Coco Jones, TiaCorine, Mase, and Cam'ron.

"Dave Grohl can suck my dick."
                  Here today, gone tonight. Good riddance.

Comment

• Mushroom
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2009

Here today, gone tonight. Good riddance.

Holy Shit, that was my Post # 1000! And so fitting, on a DLR fan site, talking about the Foo Fighters. I could not have done it without y'all!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

It's perfect! How much to rent one?
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Safe, generic, bland, trad rock. Foo Fighters music is so white its practically transparent. As far as David "Yellow Teeth" Grohl, his whole media whoring and self-aggrandizing has grown stale. I for one can't think of one Foo Fighters tune that is worth remembering much less listening to but that hasn't impeded Grohl to carry on like he does as if he some sort of self-appointed ambassador of music.
                        I'm not the biggest fan of the Foos by any means. But I seriously don't get the hate. Grohl is sort of vilified for being a decent guy, maybe he should shit on his fans more and he'd be a god around here!

I mean, there is definitely a lot of filler, but One-by-One is a great album (especially in 24ch DVD Audio mix, something the Van Halen boys never would have let happened!). The title track is about hating your cheating ex-wife so much you perform cunnilingus on every pussy in your radius attached to a decent looking girl. Not exactly Macthbox-20 fare FFS...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Of course you did. The music critics you so adore, would give a "stellar review" to an album of Grohl farting.

Nickdsheepboy
                          I don't even know who he was FFS. It was on some radio or Youtube thing. Anyways I can't say either way haven't heard and aren't in any rush too...

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Grohl's/Foo Fighters latest release is an (according to various music critics) "deeply reflective album" which features tracks that deal with the recent loss of their drummer and Dave Grohl's mother.

One of the tracks has Grohl harmonizing with his daughter.

Several different reviews all suspiciously say it's the best album since the band's second and harkens back to the first two Foo albums.

I hope it has at least one track where Grohl mumbles the verses then yells the chorus really loud...what? All the tracks feature this?

Doubtless it will be a success.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

Across 40 years playing music, here are 10 life lessons Dave Grohl has learned

Here you go. My latest contribution to this fantastic thread. Dave has evolved to true dad rocker stardom. Now learn a little more about Dave...

"I meet people and I can tell in two seconds whether they’re a rocker or not": Across 40 years playing music, here are 10 life lessons Dave Grohl has learned

The best rock music makes you want to smash shit up

"A big rock 'n' roll moment for me as a teenager was going to see AC/DC's Let There Be Rock movie. That was the first time I heard music that made me want to break shit. There was four people in the audience, me and my friend Larry Hinkle and two people smoking weed in the back. After the first number in that movie, that was maybe the first moment where I really felt like a punk. I just wanted to tear that movie theatre to shreds."

There are only two types of people in this world - rockers and non-rockers

"I meet people and I can tell in two seconds whether they’re a rocker or not. It’s like, ‘Have you ever broken into a car? How many times have you been in jail? How many hits of acid have you taken? Okay, you’re allowed to be in a rock band.’ When you look someone in the eye they’re either an outlaw or they’re not."

Drugs aren't for everyone

"My drug career was limited to heavy hallucinogenics and mountains of weed. I never did coke, I never did heroin, I didn’t fucking need speed… But also, in Virginia, none of us had any fucking money to buy drugs anyway. It was like ‘How am I gonna get high?’ You got any lighter fluid? Okay, put that on a fucking rag…', that kind of shit. Even if we could have afforded heroin I can’t imagine us affording the fucking needles."

Fronting a band isn't for everyone either

"Never in my life had I ever considered becoming the front man of a band: I was perfectly comfortable being the drummer and I didn’t ever aspire to being the person out front in the spotlight. But when the Foo Fighters started I realised I’d been thrown into that position and it was incredibly uncomfortable for me: I might be something of a jackass in real life, and love to be the life of the party, but the responsibility of being someone larger than life seemed too much for me."

It's okay not to love everyone

"I don’t consider myself a loner, but it’s just not important to me to be everyone’s best friend. Maybe it’s a kind of defence mechanism. I’m a horrible fucking pen pal, I never answer my phone, I would much rather stay at home and hang out with my daughters and mother and wife than go out to a bar on a Friday night."

Don't believe everything you read

"It’s nice to be called The Nicest Man In Rock. But it’s funny to me because the guys in my band would probably tell you otherwise. Certain things make my claws come out, and turn me from the trademark ‘Nicest Guy In Rock’ to a fucking very difficult person. Because I do have borders and boundaries. There’s certain things where I’m like, Man, don’t even fucking go there. I have no problem walking up to a paparazzi and saying, Are you fucking kidding me?"

Everyone looks like a cock sometime

"There was one Foo Fighters gig we played in New Zealand where I jumped up on the drum riser to rock out with Taylor [Hawkins] and I caught my foot in a lighting cable, and I fucking smacked so hard into the stage, face first, that I cracked my guitar in half. The concert was probably 118 decibels, but you can hear the roar of laughter above the PA. Not cool.”

'Cool' is a relative concept

"My version of being cool is probably different to other people’s versions of being cool. I have my own heroes and my own version of bad ass. Being ‘cool’ in suburban Virginia was like how big of a bong hit you could take. It didn’t matter what hair cut you had, or what car you had, or what pants you had on, but if you could burn a whole bowl in one bong hit, you were fucking cool."

Real men wear their hearts on their sleeves

"I got the two red, tribal symbols on my arms when I started playing drums with Queens Of The Stone Age, and at the time I didn’t think too much about it. But I think I had these tattoos done because I was getting my arms back. There’s a reason why I’m here, and it’s not my voice, it’s because these arms taught themselves how to play drums by listening to punk rock albums and Led Zeppelin. And so in a way it’s like I have these tattoos as a way to say ‘Don’t forget what you’re here to do!’"

The future is unwritten

"I can't even imagine where to go from here. Like, honestly, with all the things I've accomplished on my own and with different bands... it's overwhelming sometimes. I never thought any of this was possible."
                              Last edited by Mushroom; 06-25-2023, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Here you go. My latest contribution to this fantastic thread. Dave has evolved to true dad rocker stardom. Now learn a little more about Dave...

"I meet people and I can tell in two seconds whether they’re a rocker or not": Across 40 years playing music, here are 10 life lessons Dave Grohl has learned

The best rock music makes you want to smash shit up

"A big rock 'n' roll moment for me as a teenager was going to see AC/DC's Let There Be Rock movie. That was the first time I heard music that made me want to break shit. There was four people in the audience, me and my friend Larry Hinkle and two people smoking weed in the back. After the first number in that movie, that was maybe the first moment where I really felt like a punk. I just wanted to tear that movie theatre to shreds."

There are only two types of people in this world - rockers and non-rockers

"I meet people and I can tell in two seconds whether they’re a rocker or not. It’s like, ‘Have you ever broken into a car? How many times have you been in jail? How many hits of acid have you taken? Okay, you’re allowed to be in a rock band.’ When you look someone in the eye they’re either an outlaw or they’re not."

Drugs aren't for everyone

"My drug career was limited to heavy hallucinogenics and mountains of weed. I never did coke, I never did heroin, I didn’t fucking need speed… But also, in Virginia, none of us had any fucking money to buy drugs anyway. It was like ‘How am I gonna get high?’ You got any lighter fluid? Okay, put that on a fucking rag…', that kind of shit. Even if we could have afforded heroin I can’t imagine us affording the fucking needles."

Fronting a band isn't for everyone either

"Never in my life had I ever considered becoming the front man of a band: I was perfectly comfortable being the drummer and I didn’t ever aspire to being the person out front in the spotlight. But when the Foo Fighters started I realised I’d been thrown into that position and it was incredibly uncomfortable for me: I might be something of a jackass in real life, and love to be the life of the party, but the responsibility of being someone larger than life seemed too much for me."

It's okay not to love everyone

"I don’t consider myself a loner, but it’s just not important to me to be everyone’s best friend. Maybe it’s a kind of defence mechanism. I’m a horrible fucking pen pal, I never answer my phone, I would much rather stay at home and hang out with my daughters and mother and wife than go out to a bar on a Friday night."

Don't believe everything you read

"It’s nice to be called The Nicest Man In Rock. But it’s funny to me because the guys in my band would probably tell you otherwise. Certain things make my claws come out, and turn me from the trademark ‘Nicest Guy In Rock’ to a fucking very difficult person. Because I do have borders and boundaries. There’s certain things where I’m like, Man, don’t even fucking go there. I have no problem walking up to a paparazzi and saying, Are you fucking kidding me?"

Everyone looks like a cock sometime

"There was one Foo Fighters gig we played in New Zealand where I jumped up on the drum riser to rock out with Taylor [Hawkins] and I caught my foot in a lighting cable, and I fucking smacked so hard into the stage, face first, that I cracked my guitar in half. The concert was probably 118 decibels, but you can hear the roar of laughter above the PA. Not cool.”

'Cool' is a relative concept

"My version of being cool is probably different to other people’s versions of being cool. I have my own heroes and my own version of bad ass. Being ‘cool’ in suburban Virginia was like how big of a bong hit you could take. It didn’t matter what hair cut you had, or what car you had, or what pants you had on, but if you could burn a whole bowl in one bong hit, you were fucking cool."

Real men wear their hearts on their sleeves

"I got the two red, tribal symbols on my arms when I started playing drums with Queens Of The Stone Age, and at the time I didn’t think too much about it. But I think I had these tattoos done because I was getting my arms back. There’s a reason why I’m here, and it’s not my voice, it’s because these arms taught themselves how to play drums by listening to punk rock albums and Led Zeppelin. And so in a way it’s like I have these tattoos as a way to say ‘Don’t forget what you’re here to do!’"

The future is unwritten

"I can't even imagine where to go from here. Like, honestly, with all the things I've accomplished on my own and with different bands... it's overwhelming sometimes. I never thought any of this was possible."
                                The things Grohl has to say in an interview context are as bland and uninspiring as the music he makes with his band.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...