Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm listening to 'In Your Honor,' and I have to say Disc One is just fantastic!!!!
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Not really all that bowled over by the first new Foo single. Guess it's called 'The Best Of You'. Have heard it several times on the radio.

Classic Rock just put him as the #2 rock drummer of all time. Still dig Grohl, but I don't think so.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry

Classic Rock just put him as the #2 rock drummer of all time. Still dig Grohl, but I don't think so.
        WTF? Can you say "ass kissing so they can get future interviews"?!

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I love the whole disc. And that rarely ever happens!! Too bad Disc Two is a big yawn. Really bad.

Worth the ten bucks I spent!!
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

I loved that song he did with Lemmy from Motorhead, "Shake Your Blood" god its sounds like a Motorhead song. I'm kinda dissapointed he didn't do the Panama cover, he would've done very well with it. If he were to do it I think he should do it Probot Style with Dave on Vocals. God that would kick ass.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
              WTF? Can you say "ass kissing so they can get future interviews"?!
              No doubt. I mean, Grohl is a good, solid rock drummer. But I've yet to hear anything he's pounded out on the skins that was THAT original, unique or even technically baffling to warrant his inclusion on the list, never mind being #2, between Moon (#3) and Bonham (#1).

Am kinda beginning to think the Foos peaked while Smear was in the band.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                No doubt. I mean, Grohl is a good, solid rock drummer. But I've yet to hear anything he's pounded out on the skins that was THAT original, unique or even technically baffling to warrant his inclusion on the list, never mind being #2, between Moon (#3) and Bonham (#1).

Am kinda beginning to think the Foos peaked while Smear was in the band.
                I agree. The last couple of Foo albums have been of the "more of the same" variety.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                  I agree. The last couple of Foo albums have been of the "more of the same" variety.
                  Think it started with the 'Breakout' single from the Me, Myself & Irene soundtrack, and continued with the 'Learning To Fly' tune, where the promo vids were more interesting than the tracks themselves. Kinda sounded like it'll all been done before.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

The best name ever in rock: Pat Smear.

Comment

• tydhurst
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      Oh, he's great. It's not just the amazing Bonham-like sound of some of his beats...it's that he also knows when not to overplay.

But some of his beats are incredible. His drum intro on SCENTLESS APPRENTICE on IN UTERO is astounding. Anyone else know that cut?

Aye, i know that one well, I heard that at a friends house and stole the CD and didn't look back!
                      Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        I'm listening to 'In Your Honor,' and I have to say Disc One is just fantastic!!!!
                        Glad you enjoy it, NG.

I see you have fine taste in music, along with other things.

Comment

• tydhurst
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          in the early days dave was the reason nirvana got signed in the first place, and this is 100% true...the record company members notified his skills first
                          If you mean signed to a Major Label you're still wrong. The early sessions for "Nevermind" were recorded with Chad Channing and Dan Peters of Mudhoney doing the drumming.
                          Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2004

I got a chance to meet the Foo Fighters a week ago when they did
                            autograph signing at the HMV downtown. Dave Grohl is a really awesome person and was easy to talk to. The other band members
                            pretty much kept to themselves. The CD itself is pretty good and
                            we were treated to a live radio broadcast from the small club they played at later that evening.

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Thank God he did not join Tom Petty...He stated he was pretty close to taking it.

Nothing against Tom but the Foo's give radio a pleasant break from all that other crap.

Probot is worth a listen...kicks ass!

Comment

Working...