Guitar Worlds 100 Worst Guitar Riffs, solos, etc.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NathanRay
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

Yankee Rose kicks ass those faggots are just Jealous Cause they never learned how to make Their Guitars Talk... and if they could theyed be like

Hey Bruce.. What!!!???{lisp}

Did you See that Guys Ass??

Well Let me Roll up to the CatWalk and Take a look!!!

Woohoo!!!! Woohoo!!!!

I'ts beutiful I'm talkin bout Yankee Fruit

HeeHee HeeHee

He's Wearin' a thong and he looks gay!!

Gay!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!
    "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
    Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
    Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• NathanRay
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

CC Deville's solo in Every rose has it's thorn Kicks ass.

The song may be cheesy but I Dig It.
      "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
      Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
      Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• ClemTater
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jun 2004

Clearly the list has no credibility at all:

43. "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
        Soloist: David Gilmour
        Album: The Wall
        Year: 1979

I once thought this was a pretty impressive guitar solo. Then I read somewhere that Gilmour painstakingly sliced up a few different versions of the solo, and meticulously pieced them together in the studio. Okay, maybe you need a few takes to get it right, but this is preposterous. After all, what are we dealing with here? Rock 'n' roll or gene- splicing?

This guy apparently has never heard Gilmour play this song live. And, he has his facts wrong -- Gilmour wrote a few separate solos, and PLAYED the best parts to get the solo that's on the record... there was no splicing involved. Small dicked dumbass.

Comment

• Wayne L.

Poison is the biggest joke of 80's rock so C. C. Deville getting the honor of worst guitar rifs in rock isn't too much of a surprise.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I'd just like to specifically point out that this opinion is incorrect:

11. "Willie the Pimp" by Frank Zappa
            Soloist: Frank Zappa
            Album: Hot Rats
            Year: 1969

Zappa's certainly come up with some tasty guitar excursions ("Transylvania Boogie," "My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama"). But on "Willie the Pimp," Captain Beefheart does his Howlin' Wolf thing for a couple of minutes before allowing Zappa to launch into a grueling 7+ minute blues yank- off. Conventional and repetitive, this kind of blatant disregard for economy would influence a lot of really bad extended soloing in the years to come.

This asshole totally missed the point.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• singerman
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

any guitar solo by jimi page.....zep had fantastic songs....jimi wrote some of the best guitar riffs ever.....but his solos?...mmmm

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

At least Eddie aint on the list

Comment

• Antman
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sambo
                  Yep I know.... the list is a shocker... this however is interesting..

27. "Sucker in a 3-Piece" by Van Halen
                  Soloist: Eddie Van Halen
                  Album: OU812
                  Year: 1988

Sure, ol' Eddie has had his moments-- he flaunts his nimble fingertips on early VH instrumentals like "Cathedral" and "Eruption." Yet he's probably one of the worst group players in history. To anyone whose higher brain functions have developed beyond a sixth grade level, these aforementioned instrumentals must seem like empty, childish pleas for attention. Eddie is all about showy technique that elicits a lot of "Wow, dude's" from hyperactive, misguided suburban adolescents. But at least this kind of technically- obsessive masturbation was somewhat original for its time. On "Sucker in a 3-Piece" Eddie relies on hyperbolic whammy-bar hijinks without really "playing" much of anything. Unable to break out of the stylistic prison he locked himself in years before, he's seen here as just another aging rock virtuoso making stale rock- god gestures on yet another incredibly forgettable Van Halen album.

I'll admit this isn't one of VH's best, in fact I always though it as a rip off of Panama. But who is this ass clown? I guarantee this guy has never picked up a guitar or gotten laid to VH. Eddie is great plain and simple. That can not be denied.
                  When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• flappo
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

30. "Big Block" by Jeff Beck
                    Soloist: Jeff Beck
                    Album: Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
                    Year: 1989

Although Jeff Beck's always been just a tad overrated, he's certainly had his share of great moments over the past few decades: check his innovative fractured blues playing on Truth and that great dirty solo break on "Train Kept a Rollin'" with the Yardbirds. But Guitar Shop is simply an ill- conceived over- produced abomination. Beck feels compelled to play like all the finger- happy shredding kiddos of the day (this was 1989, you understand). On "Big Block," in particular, Beck initially repeatledly quotes the main lick in Hendrix's "Catfish Blues," then adds a little Eddie Van Halen tapping nonsense and lots of annoying high- note keening. Although one of the original "flash" guitarists, here Beck employs a much more exaggerated, blinding form of flash-- it isn't original or ground- breaking, and it doesn't make for much listening pleasure, either.

i think this guy needs to get a fucking clue

Comment

• flappo
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

when his forum's on-line , i'm gonna spam it off the face of the fucking net

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Oct 2004

I don’t give a rat’s behind whether or not a riff or a solo is “technically proficient.” If it sounds good - it is GOOD. If we judged riffs and solos by ANY accepted standards and practices, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Vivian Campbell and many other great guitarists would be considered jokes. Media punks are never kind to innovators. But, sure enough, when the innovator becomes a star, they jump right on the band wagon giving complimentary hand jobs until the star releases one bad cd, at which point they bring back their shovels and attempt to bury yet another career.
                        Last edited by Vivian Campbell; 10-24-2004, 10:53 AM.
                        The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• VHII
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2004

i happend to enjoy the love gun solo, especially live

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Bullshit list.....some fine solos on there.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

COMFORTABLY NUMB is on this list ?!?!?!?!?!?

He is obviously a fool.
                              PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2004

Obviously folks he wasn't listening with his ears. Must of been is arse. Musical taste escapes people like that. Fuck em
                                Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

Working...