• Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

This is NOT a rock band.

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Redballjets88
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

rock n roll is about fun.....not being depressed and wanting to kill yourself
      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

THIS is a rock band.

This is NOT a rock band.

Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
          rock n roll is about fun.....not being depressed and wanting to kill yourself
          Agreed. And ALICE, NIRVANA, etc...these bands were fucking fun. They were about releasing rage and crunching riffs... I like my music loud and raw. Gimme IGGY POP or SOUNDGARDEN over WARRANT or TRIXTER or FASTER PUSSYCAT anyday.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

its about doing w/e the fuck you want and having sex and drugs and booze and partying...not writing poems and crying

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

you have a point with iggy pop...but to make up for the raw emotion...he was a psycho who broke bottles on himself

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

its about doing w/e the fuck you want and having sex and drugs and booze and partying...not writing poems and crying
                That's bullshit. It can be about anything. To me it can be about crying or it can be about bone-crunching riffs.

NIRVANA's BLEACH, for instance, doesn't contain any fucking whiny lyrics at all. It's just heavy riff after heavy riff. It's the reason I'd rather listen to MOTLEY's TOO FAST FOR LOVE over GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS. Hell, GENERATION SWINE was a super underrated album for them.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

you have a point with iggy pop...but to make up for the raw emotion...he was a psycho who broke bottles on himself
                  That was one small part of his act. He also wrote amazing lyrics...he had attitude. Any of the STOOGES' riffs killed a million BON JOVI riffs. And I also hate whiny, high-pitched vocals screaming about "love" and "baby"...it's the entire reason I love Roth and hate Hagar. Attitude versus sentimental bullshit.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

well then you must not like dlr bc i dont hear him bonecrunching solo and having great meaningful lyrics

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

maybe on alae but thats my least favorite other than dd

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

That was one small part of his act. He also wrote amazing lyrics...he had attitude. Any of the STOOGES' riffs killed a million BON JOVI riffs. And I also hate whiny, high-pitched vocals screaming about "love" and "baby"...it's the entire reason I love Roth and hate Hagar. Attitude versus sentimental bullshit.
                        yeah i agree with that...i just started getting into iggy pop and the stooges....got any recomendations of which cd's? i have year of the iguana and instinct

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

well then you must not like dlr bc i dont hear him bonecrunching solo and having great meaningful lyrics
                          Who said meaningful lyrics? I don't give a shit about what the lyric means half the time. I just care how it sounds. I love tons of "fun rock". But I hate that corporate, poppy-sounding shit that sold itself as metal in the 80s. I love JUDAS PRIEST. But I hate the fucking hair band shit.

People love to pidgeon-hole bands like NIRVANA as being whiny, mostly because the guy killed himself. But 80% of their songs weren't about being depressed or even complaining. And who cares when he did? It's better than singing some lame piano ballad to some fictitious chick to please a record exec.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

yeah i agree with that...i just started getting into iggy pop and the stooges....got any recomendations of which cd's? i have year of the iguana and instinct
                            Pick up RAW POWER...easily one of the most incredible albums ever made. There was a remix version that came out in 1997, and this thing is relentless. The band is so...loud. And his vocals are amazing. My favorite song on that album is a blues tune called I NEED SOMEBODY...fucking great.

Also get LUST FOR LIFE. Another classic from '77.
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

alright i have only heard raw power live...its weird how pops voice changes from his stooges days to solo he sounds british solo and american with stooges....some of his solo stuff reminds me of billy idol for some reason

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
                                that would be warrant dear!!
                                THAT'S IT! Warrant. Thanks, pumpkin.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...