• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Tell Jerome two words: CRAFT BREWERY!

Oh and bar man, gimme one of those please.
    naaaaaaaaa...try this one...

Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

or this one...since 1872 made strictly after the same recepture since then without any chemical "flavors" only hop, malt and water

Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

history:

In North America, fermented beverages were being produced long before the Europeans arrived. We know that the first European settlers were greeted by the Natives with a wine made from the persimmon. In the Southwestern region of the New World, the Native Peoples were brewing a beer made from the fermentation of maize. The passengers of the Mayflower, hoping to land in the more mild Southern climate, were forced ashore, in part, due to a shortage of beer. An entry from the journal of a Mayflower passenger, dated December 19, 1620 reads: "We could not now take time for further search or consideration, our victuals being much spent, especially our beer." As proof of the importance of beer, the daily consumption of the Puritans was regulated by law. They were allowed only two quarts for breakfast alone! In days gone by, there was little choice of beverages, and the poor management of waste disposal contaminated many water sources. People afraid of the water drank beer instead and it was drunk as readily as we drink water or soft drinks today.

The early English settlers of North America relied primarily on the importation of English beers. Two breweries, however, were established in 1629 which used maize instead of barley and produced an unhopped beer like the beers of England at the time. The Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, unlike its English counterparts relied primarily on local breweries instead of importing beer from the motherland. New Amsterdam was the first and biggest brewing center of the New World, and continued to be so even after its sale to the British and transformation to New York. Philadelphia was the second major brewing center of the New Colonies and began to rival New York in the late 17th century. In fact, many of our founding fathers were brewers. William Penn, the Quaker founder of the Pennsylvania colony had a brewery on his estate. Thomas Jefferson, Samuel Adams and even George Washington, whose recipe for beer can be found in the New York Public Library, were all brewers.

These early beers were all ales produced by top-fermenting yeast, like the beers found in England today. In 1840, the wave of German emigrants brought with them the bottom-fermenting lagers of Germany and began a brewing revolution in the United States. This, and subsequent emigrations brought such people as Frederick Pabst, Bernard Stroh, Joseph Schlitz, Adolph Coors, Henry Weinhard, Theodore Hamm and Eberhard Anheuser to name a few. These lagers quickly replaced ales, and even today the vast majority of breweries around the country, and even the world, were originally established by German emigrants and produce lagers.
        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

Barkeep! A round for all the Steelers fans! We need something to help us out tonight! Our dreams of "ONE FOR THE THUMB" are to be continued...again.
          (And, I AM old enough that I DID watch the STEELERS win in the 70's!)

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            (And, I AM old enough that I DID watch the STEELERS win in the 70's!)
            Me too hombre. I loved watching Lambert kick ass!!!

Two shots o' Whiskey for Mattaeo and myself.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

MATT, I can't believe I didn't know that you are a fellow Steelers fan.

You are a true Roftard. Let's drink to Ben and Bill kicking ass down the road...

Can I have a vodka and redbull, please?
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

I'm buyin' Bro! Whatever you want!
                Yup, first got into football thanks to Terry & the boys!
                I was watchin' FOX sports last night and they had a "Top 10 Linebacker list'. #10 JACK HAM. #4 JACK LAMBERT. 2 on one team, at the same time!
                Those 70's STEELERS were the BEST TEAM EVER. I love seeing 'ol TERRY get PISSED when somebody tries tellin' him otherwise. It's about the only time he drops the "good 'ol boy" routine!

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Just for Mattaeo..........

GRRRRRRRRRR...............................

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                    I'm buyin' Bro! Whatever you want!
                    Yup, first got into football thanks to Terry & the boys!
                    I was watchin' FOX sports last night and they had a "Top 10 Linebacker list'. #10 JACK HAM. #4 JACK LAMBERT. 2 on one team, at the same time!
                    Those 70's STEELERS were the BEST TEAM EVER. I love seeing 'ol TERRY get PISSED when somebody tries tellin' him otherwise. It's about the only time he drops the "good 'ol boy" routine!
                    Before my time, but I'm well aware and in awe. Man, the Seventies must have been an amazing time for football.

I've been watching the Steelers since about '94. I've been loyal to them and nobody else ever since. Their year will come. I'm excited about Ben's future. This just wasn't his year...too early.
                    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• scottydabodi
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      Can I have a vodka and redbull, please?
                      Get me one of those too!! Make it Sugar Free Red Bull, though!!
                      If you listen to fools
                      The Mob Rules

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Hi everybody. I won't stay too long tonight (it's already 11:30 pm here, and it keeps snowing and snowing. Hard times to drive to work tomorrow morning.
                        Anyway, here is something that should suit sweet Fab:
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

It's been sleeping in the ceiling for a long, long time only to please her.
                          Enjoy, douce demoiselle!
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Now, a double liner-boat's worth of thanks to DLN! The report you made about beer in America was really great, I learnt a lot there. I was lucky being half wrong yesterday, as I missed the point concerning Yankee beer, and I'm still convinced Belgium is THE country.
                            Tonight, it's my round. Classic strong, tasteful, round and chilled Belgian beer...

First, the classics' classic, just for DLN:
                            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-24-2005, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Now, a few other Belgian musts. Cheers everybody!

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Order me something, Jerome. I trust your judgment.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...