Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Scatologist
    Sniper
    • Jan 2005

I always thought video games kinda sucked ever since the playstation came out. I remember having lots of fun with NES and SNES, but then they came out with all that fancy smancy polygon shit and they basically sacrificed fun for graphics.

However, there is one game series I still like however, it's called Guilty Gear. I discovered it at a arcade in Japan during one of my yearly visits. The thing that caught my attention first was the soundtrack. I kept trying to find out where this kick ass metal music was coming from, and then it lead me to the Guilty Gear machine.

I tried playing it and it was FULL of rock references. It was also all 2-D like the old school shit. It's basically a sped of version of Street Fighter with heavy metal references.

For example, there's a Axle Rose clone in the game named Axl "Low" etc.

I basically bought a PS2 just so I can play that game at home. It kicks ass.

I even found a website later, that lists all the rock references, and I was suprised that there was a ton that I didn't even notice at first. Whoever that made this game was definatley a heavy metal fan, and turns out he even composed all the music.

The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• sammysucks65
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2005

one of the best game series is the metal gear series. from the NES games to the classic playstation game

the sequel for ps2 metal gear 2:sons of liberty was a good game...took a few days to understand the ending but its an awesome game. snake eater is pretty good too.
      the new one comes out this year gotta check that out

metal gear 4: guns of the patriots

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Snake is an old man in the new MGS game isnt he?
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Anyone have "GTA: Liberty City Stories" yet? I noticed it's not sold in most of the major chains...

Comment

• Douglas T.
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I'm very happy with PS2! I like mostly DRIVING GAMES! Completed all NFS series and BURNOUT 1-3, fixing to start working on the new NFS MOST WANTED! I like BURNOUT second to NFS HOT PERSUIT! Take the NFS Corvette out to the desert for the best driving experience! I've also closed out all TOMB RAIDERS!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

the best game i have ever played is MGS 3 Snake Eater

Snake is so cool
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Went through a huge GTA San Andreas kick when it first came out.

Game I liked the most was Aliens Vs. Predator for PC. Man, I'd play that fucker for hours.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2004

Medal of Honor, and Quake 2 for the PC are the best games ever made!
                  http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                  Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                  Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
                    Highlights of the soundtrack:

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning

and

Van Halen - Panama
                    My friend has that game also. Ins't Welcome to the Jungle on it too?

Comment

• Last_Child
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

Uh huh huh

Battlefield2.
                      "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I am pretty much into Half Life 2 right now, and have been for the past year.

They just released a version of it for 64-bit machines, which is cool.

Gives me further incentive to upgrade to 64-bit one of these days.

I started out on Star Wars games. Jedi Knight, Mysteries Of The Sith, Outcast, Jedi Academy, etc.

Then I got a new ATI video card in fall of 2003, and got a coupon good for a free copy of HL2. Now I am hooked.

HL2: Aftermath (expansion pack) is due out in the spring. At least, that is what they say now. Probably won't actually get released until summer or fall.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

:confused: I still can't get how you all buds are so fond of video games... Nothing could ever replace a good old pinball to me.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

That good old Xenon, back when I was 11... I learnt how to play with my best pal back then, in 1981, parents unaware...
                            15-17-year-olds waiting, playing silly Italian pop on the jukebox, and me showing them the tricks... Ha!
                            My old buddy and I used to struggle hard on the juke box with those fags. We'd play "Hells Bells" or its B-side, "You shook me all night long"...
                            Roooock 'n' roooooolllll! Where's rock 'n' roll in those video games, really?
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

He-hey.
                              Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-03-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

And finally the screen. I know it will look old, but I used to dig it so much back then...

Comment

Working...