Veteran
    • Sep 2004

I´ve broken all but #5
    http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Re: How many Commandments have you broken?

Originally posted by Figs

1) I am the Lord thy God ... Thou shall have no other gods before me.
      2) Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
      3) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
      4) Honor thy father and thy mother
      5) Thou shall not kill.
      6) Thou shall not commit adultery.
      7) Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
      8) Thou shall not covert thy neighbor's house;
      9) Thou shall not covert thy neighbor's wife,
      10) ....nor anything that is thy neighbor's.
      1) broke
      2) broke
      3) intact
      4) half broke...
      5) intact, unless you count insects
      6) intact
      7) broke
      8) done that
      9) intact
      10) done that

Looks like I'm goin' down...
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Re: Re: How many Commandments have you broken?

Originally posted by Coyote
        1) broke
        2) broke
        3) intact
        4) half broke...
        5) intact, unless you count insects
        6) intact
        7) broke
        8) done that
        9) intact
        10) done that

Looks like I'm goin' down...
        don't worry...you'll meet some cool dudes there, bro
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• vanzilla
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

George Carlin on why the 10 Commandments should be the 2 Commandments.

I AM THE LORD THY GOD, THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STRANGE GODS BEFORE ME.

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN.

THOU SHALT KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH.

Okay, right of the bat, the first three commandments - pure bullshit. "Sabbath day", "Lord's name", "strange gods". Spooky language designed to scare and control primitive people. In no way does superstious mumbo jumbo like this apply to the lives of intelligent, civilized humans in the 21st century. You throw out the first 3 and you're down to 7.

HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER.

This commandment is about obedience and respect for authority; In other words it's simply a device for controlling people. The truth is, obedience and respect should not be granted automatically. They should be earned. They should be based on the parents' (or the aughority figures's) performance. Some parents deserve respect. Most of them don't. Period. We're down to 6.

Now in the intrest of logic - something religion has a relly hard time with - I'm going to skip around the list a little bit.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS.

Stealling and lying. Actually when you think about it, these 2 commandments cover the same sort of behavior: dishonesty. Stealing and lying. So we don't need 2 of them. Instead, we combine these 2 and call it "Thou shalt not be dishonest." Suddenly we're down to 5.

And as long as we're combining commandments I have 2 others that belong together:

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTRY.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE.

Once again, these 2 prohibit the same sort of behavior; in this case, marital infedelity. The difference between them is that coveting takes place in the mind. And I don't think you should outlaw fantazing about
          someone else's wife, otherwise what's a guy gonna think about when he's floggin' his dong?

But marital fidelity is a good idea, so I suggest we keep the idea and call the commandment "Thou shalt not be unfaithful." Suddenly we're down to 4.

And when you think about it further, honesty and fidelity are actually parts of the same overall value. So, in truth, we could combine the 2 honesty commandments with the 2 fidelity commandments, and using positive language instead of negative, call the whole thing "Thou shalt always be honest and faithful." And now we're down to 3.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.

This one is just plain stupid. Coveting your neigbor's goods is what keeps the economy going....Coveting creates jobss. Leave it alone.

You throw out coveting and you're down to 2 now: the big, combined honesty/fidelity commandment, and the one we haven't mentioned yet:

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Murder. The 5th Commandment. But if you give it a little thought, you realize that religion has never really had a problem with murder. Not really. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

To cite a few examples, just think about Irish history, the Middle East, the Crusades, the Inquistion, our own abortion-doctor killings, and yes, the World Trade Center to see how seriously religious people take Thou Shalt Not Kill. Apparently to religious folks - especially the truly devout - murder is negotiable. It just depends on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed.

And so, with all of this in mind folks, I offer you my revised list of the 2 Commandments:

First: THOU SHALT ALWAYS BE HONEST AND FAITHFUL, ESPECIALLY TO THE PROVIDER OF THY NOOKIE.

And second: THOU SHALT TRY REAL HARD NOT TO KILL ANYONE, UNLESS, OF COURSE, THEY PRAY TO A DIFFERENT INVISIBLE AVENGER THAN THE ONE YOU PRAY TO.

Two is all you need folks. Moses could've carried them down the hill in his pocket. And if we had a list like that, I wouldn't mind that brilliant judge in Alabama displaying it prominently in his courthouse lobby. As long has he included one additional commandment:

THOU SHALT KEEP THY RELIGION TO THYSELF!!!

- Taken from When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?

I think that says it all.
          Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2004

vanzilla, that is the stupidest most idiotic thing i've ever heard, god wants us to spread his word, not keep it to ourselves. You need jesus bro.
            Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: How many Commandments have you broken?

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              don't worry...you'll meet some cool dudes there, bro
              I know. That, plus I'll be able to play pool, too.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little_Skittles
                You need jesus bro.
                speak for yourself. i'm doin' pretty well without him.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                  How many o' these have y'all broken, weather you believe in this Shi'ite or not.... I'm not sure these are correct...

Put me down for 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
                  3) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
                  4) Honor thy father and thy mother
                  5) Thou shall not kill.
                  6) Thou shall not commit adultery.
                  7) Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
                  It's not "covert"!!!

It's "covet"!!!

I've broken them all. Anyone who says otherwise I cast doubts upon.

It's not the mistake that matters, it's whether you try to fix it and yourself afterwards.

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    speak for yourself. i'm doin' pretty well without him.

How old are you right now add 100 years how old will you be? Where will you be. One day we're going to stop time and step into eternity. Hell isn't a fun place to be. You may think it is but you will reap what you sow.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

the people who say hell isn't a fun place to be are the last people i'd take any advice from.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2004

Aight but remember you reap what you sow. So have fun now you'll pay an eternity for tit.

Comment

• vanzilla
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Little_Skittles
                          vanzilla, that is the stupidest most idiotic thing i've ever heard, god wants us to spread his word, not keep it to ourselves. You need jesus bro.
                          Dude, you're saying I need Jesus because I quoted a portion of a book? You completely missed the point bro, which was to state that at best The 10 Commandments are redundant, and in the case of number 5 Thou Shall Not Kill - often ignored by most Christians who kill in the name of God in order to spread their beliefs.

I believe in a higer power. I think there is a creator. Belive it or not, so did Darwin and Einstein. And like them (and I'm not trying to group myself into the genius category here) I'm NOT a fan of organized religion, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, right down to the fuckin' snake charmers, ok? I think you can be a spirtual person without being a religious one.

Those are my beliefs. I hope you can respect them, just as I respect your right to believe in Jesus Christ.

Peace bro
                          Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• CROWBAR
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
                            George Carlin on why the 10 Commandments should be the 2 Commandments.

I AM THE LORD THY GOD, THOU SHALT NOT HAVE STRANGE GODS BEFORE ME.

THOU SHALT NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD THY GOD IN VAIN.

THOU SHALT KEEP HOLY THE SABBATH.

Okay, right of the bat, the first three commandments - pure bullshit. "Sabbath day", "Lord's name", "strange gods". Spooky language designed to scare and control primitive people. In no way does superstious mumbo jumbo like this apply to the lives of intelligent, civilized humans in the 21st century. You throw out the first 3 and you're down to 7.

HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER.

This commandment is about obedience and respect for authority; In other words it's simply a device for controlling people. The truth is, obedience and respect should not be granted automatically. They should be earned. They should be based on the parents' (or the aughority figures's) performance. Some parents deserve respect. Most of them don't. Period. We're down to 6.

Now in the intrest of logic - something religion has a relly hard time with - I'm going to skip around the list a little bit.

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS.

Stealling and lying. Actually when you think about it, these 2 commandments cover the same sort of behavior: dishonesty. Stealing and lying. So we don't need 2 of them. Instead, we combine these 2 and call it "Thou shalt not be dishonest." Suddenly we're down to 5.

And as long as we're combining commandments I have 2 others that belong together:

THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTRY.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S WIFE.

Once again, these 2 prohibit the same sort of behavior; in this case, marital infedelity. The difference between them is that coveting takes place in the mind. And I don't think you should outlaw fantazing about
                            someone else's wife, otherwise what's a guy gonna think about when he's floggin' his dong?

But marital fidelity is a good idea, so I suggest we keep the idea and call the commandment "Thou shalt not be unfaithful." Suddenly we're down to 4.

And when you think about it further, honesty and fidelity are actually parts of the same overall value. So, in truth, we could combine the 2 honesty commandments with the 2 fidelity commandments, and using positive language instead of negative, call the whole thing "Thou shalt always be honest and faithful." And now we're down to 3.

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S GOODS.

This one is just plain stupid. Coveting your neigbor's goods is what keeps the economy going....Coveting creates jobss. Leave it alone.

You throw out coveting and you're down to 2 now: the big, combined honesty/fidelity commandment, and the one we haven't mentioned yet:

THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Murder. The 5th Commandment. But if you give it a little thought, you realize that religion has never really had a problem with murder. Not really. More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.

To cite a few examples, just think about Irish history, the Middle East, the Crusades, the Inquistion, our own abortion-doctor killings, and yes, the World Trade Center to see how seriously religious people take Thou Shalt Not Kill. Apparently to religious folks - especially the truly devout - murder is negotiable. It just depends on who's doing the killing and who's getting killed.

And so, with all of this in mind folks, I offer you my revised list of the 2 Commandments:

First: THOU SHALT ALWAYS BE HONEST AND FAITHFUL, ESPECIALLY TO THE PROVIDER OF THY NOOKIE.

And second: THOU SHALT TRY REAL HARD NOT TO KILL ANYONE, UNLESS, OF COURSE, THEY PRAY TO A DIFFERENT INVISIBLE AVENGER THAN THE ONE YOU PRAY TO.

Two is all you need folks. Moses could've carried them down the hill in his pocket. And if we had a list like that, I wouldn't mind that brilliant judge in Alabama displaying it prominently in his courthouse lobby. As long has he included one additional commandment:

THOU SHALT KEEP THY RELIGION TO THYSELF!!!

- Taken from When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?

I think that says it all.
                            Carlin has it down, skittles is young and from the bible belt (and a chick) Vanzilla

Give me two for a hundred Jesus!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla

Those are my beliefs. I hope you can respect them, just as I respect your right to believe in Jesus Christ.

Peace bro

Aight. Yes in my town we're very "biblical". Yes i'm young and ignorant. And yes i'm a chick lol . peace bro.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

5) Thou shall not kill.

I guess I'm still good on these 5.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...