Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkeythe
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2004

I just saw it. This movie kicks ass. It is the best of the 6. The fights were incredible and the guy that played Anakin appears to have taken some acting lessons since the last movie.

The fight scenes were incredible and non-stop. If you enjoy the 1 on 1 light-saber battles then this is the movie for you.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
      A lot of people went to see Ishtar, too
      shows how much you know. from the-numbers.com:

Ishtar

Released in US May 15, 1987
      Total US Gross $14,375,181
      Production Budget $40,000,000
      Worldwide Gross $14,375,181
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by monkeythe

The fight scenes were incredible and non-stop. If you enjoy the 1 on 1 light-saber battles then this is the movie for you.
        seems like the mantra this time was "more sabers, less blasters." which is a good thing...

Lucas nailed this one. really all i can say.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
          Vinnie, did you see the skit Triumph the Insult Comic Dog did in 2002 with the Star Wars fans? If so, what did you think about it?
          Yeah, I thought that was hilarious!

Hey, I love the movies: the story, how they were made (effects), some of the extended universe stuff, but I don't go out of my way and spend a lot of bucks on a costume!

To each their own I guess.

NEXT POST: VINNIE VELVET'S ROTS REVIEW!!!
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Triumph
            Ah yes, some of my best work indeed.
            Star Wars nerds are easy prey. i like the movies but come on; i don't even geek out like that for halloween.

Enjoy the film.

Triumph vs. Star Wars
            Triumph RAWKS!

I saw that skit on Conan when it aired...Its STILL funny.
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

REVENGE OF THE SITH REVIEW!! By VINNIE VELVET

Well, I finally saw Episode III late last night (early morning should I say) and lemmie say this in two words:

FUCKING AWESOME!

Yup. The verdict is in. This Star Wars movie is great, and I mean REALLY great. How does it match up against the others for those who care? Well, its the best of the prequels no doubt and I liked it more than Jedi and even A New Hope. I can't say if its better than Empire. But that's just my IMO.

The movie kicks off with a blast in a space battle that's sure to be the best of all six. The pans across ships as they fly, following Anakin and Obi-Wan's starfighters through flames and what seemed like it was a Theme ride at Disneyland. Oh yeah, it rocked!

This first bit that follows Anakin and Obi-Wan trying to rescue Palpatine from General Grievous is classic Star Wars. After boarding a federation ship, they encounter battle droids. I liked this beginning bit as it was an obvious nod to Episode I where this time its Anakin and Obi-Wan slicing up droids instead of Qui Gon and Obi-Wan.

Its in these opening sequences that R2 gets to really be a kick ass hero. He's always come through for the good guys in every SW movie, but this time Lucas has really given him more to do in terms of fighting alongside Anakin and Obi-Wan. Its great to watch and the crowd loved every minute of it.

Oh, and General Grievous. This guy is so cool (see my avatar ) that it was a shame that he's only in this one movie. I would've rather had him in Clones instead of Jango Fett. He's the classic villain with a rough deep voice (to mimick Vader to some extent) shotting out orders,etc to his troops.

Things slow down a bit after the first 20 minutes and it basically follows the plot where Obi-Wan is sent to find Grievous after he escaped their ealrier encounter and Anakin is reunited with Padme.

Say what you want about their performance in Clones, but Hayden and Natalie really shine together in this movie. You could tell extra effort was given to their scenes and it goes over well. People didn't groan at their lines, this time it was done better.

Ian McDermid (Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious) really steals the show here. Its so cool to see how he changes his mannerisms (his voice!) once he finally reveals himself to be the Sith Lord the Jedi have been looking for all this time.

Anakin's fall to the dark side was done well too. I felt you needed to watch Clones to get his progression towards it because if you just watched Sith, it might feel rushed.

But it was neat. Anakin is torn between the Jedi and Palpatine, not to mention his need to "protect" Padme from her eventual fate. He thinks he's doing the right thing and we all know it isn;t. That's part of the sadness with him. I felt sorry for him.

The final duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan is great. Really done well. There is a lot of emotion attached to it, even moreso than the Empire duel between Vader and Luke.

But the Emperor-Yoda fight was really fun to watch. Yoda got most the cheers in this movie. He was indeed bad ass. But with the whole Clone Army going against the Jedi, Yoda and Obi-Wan had no choice but to go into exile, which takes us full circle to A New Hope.

It was fun to watch this movie. Yes, it was dark, but mostly towards the last half.

The Vader birth scene? A feast for the "eyes" if you will. You could hear a pin drop in the theatre when the infamous breathling starts.

Very cool.

So, see the movie, have fun. This is the last Star Wars movie and its a fitting end (beginning?) to the saga.

Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 05-19-2005, 10:52 AM.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

TODAY'S THE DAY BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                gnaw on it

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Nice review, Vin!

Now, as soon as the theaters clear out, I can actually see it myself!!
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• evhsrv5150
                    Groupie
                    • May 2005

I was at the midnight showing in Wilmington, De last night and this movie does KICK ASS!

Let's cover the good parts first: Lightsaber fights? You wanna see lightsaber fights? You got plenty of them and they are all very well choreographed, very entertaining.

This movie is DARK! I thought Empire was a dark movie but this one took leaps and bounds beyond. 1 or 2 parts that are kinda disturbing.

The acting in this movie was waaay better than the last 2 also. I felt like some of the actors were overreaching in the last 2 but not in this one. Very well done. As soon as the movie starts it just goes and never slows down. It's quite a ride. And the best part? You only see that fucking annoying Jar Jar Binks for like 3 seconds and he has no lines!

If you liked Yoda's final duel in Clones, you'll love him in this movie. The little green guy kicks major ass.

The only problems had with the movie were these: General Greivous is a total kick ass character! Wish I saw him in the last movie! I thought he'd have a more of a role in the movie but he gets whacked rather quickly in my opinion. And the way he gets whacked was a little disappointing for me.

Also, this movie should have been 3 1/2 hours long! Fuck the mainstream public, hardcore fans like myself woulda sat thru it and loved it. The reason I say it shoulda been that long is that they seem to race to tie up a lotta loose ends at the end. I think they did a nice job but woulda been kinda cool to expand on a few things.

All in all, great flick! I saw it a the midnight premiere and I'm going back in hours at 2PM to see it again!
                    http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=504442

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

IM GOING TO SEE IT IN A FEW HOURS!!!!!!!!!
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Have fun, guys!
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I think this movie might make more than A New Hope, by initial fan reaction.

A guy that works with my wife said that the theatre in Revere MA, which is like 20 screens, had SIX sold out for the 12:01 show last night. I don't think AOTC came close to that.

I think it'll break the opening day record.

Comment

• evhsrv5150
                            Groupie
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Warham
                            A guy that works with my wife said that the theatre in Revere MA, which is like 20 screens, had SIX sold out for the 12:01 show last night. I don't think AOTC came close to that.

I think it'll break the opening day record.
                            The theater I saw it at last night has 16 screens, 10 of which were showing Star Wars!
                            http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=504442

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                              I think this movie might make more than A New Hope, by initial fan reaction.

i dunno. i think they count all the re-releases toward the total take. the Special Edition releases put them back on top.

i would personally love to see ROTS shit all over the LOTR totals and take Titanic out of the #1 all time spot. thing is, ROTS doesn't have the same appeal as Titanic does, it's not a film that the teenyboppers will go see over and over again.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2005

IT'S TODAY!!!!

but unfortunately, i'm not seeing it today :sad: .

I'll see it soon though
                                ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

Working...