"Revenge of the Sith" : How was it for you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

such*
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Mace Windu was second in the Jedi Order only to Yoda himself.

Han was on a smuggling mission and ran into slavers from the Empire looking for Wookie "assistance"; he couldn't stand watching it, so he rescued Chewbacca from the slavers and Chewie swore a life-debt to him for his help.

Together ever since...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

There were even times, if I remember correctly, that Yoda referred to Mace's decisions...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Redballjets88
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

then if yoda is above mace how come he didnt rape the emporer because mace was making him look like a bitch until anakin came
          R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
            then if yoda is above mace how come he didnt rape the emporer because mace was making him look like a bitch until anakin came
            True dat.

I guess the circumstances were different.

Order 66 wasn't in effect yet, the Clones were still fighting with the Jedi.

By the time Yoda takes on Empy, everyone is against the Jedi and most of them have already died.

But in terms of a one-on-one stand-off, I guess the setting didn't allow Yoda to really take out Palpatine. Having that fight in the Senate chamber must have been difficult.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

In a nutshell, that's it. Like I said, the battle between Yoda and Sidious could have went either way, it was just that the circumstances threw the fight to Palpatine.

Make no mistake about Mace Windu - he was extremely powerful and an excellent swordsman, and could have probably went toe to toe with Yoda himself without a clear victor.

Even Palpatine was pretty bad ass. Maul bowed to him. Even Dooku, who at one time was the exclusive Jedi lightsaber technique instructor, bowed to him. Grievous bowed to him. Palpatine was nothing to go fucking with lightly...

In the expanded universe, when Palpatine reappeared on the galactic stage (in a cloned body...LONG story), he got into a lightsaber duel with Luke and handed Luke his ass on a silver platter before Luke bowed to him.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Mace used a technique known as Vapaad, which allows the Dark Side to channel through his body. Basically, the Emperor was striking himself with that lightning during that scene. Only Mace used this technique.

Yoda uses no such techniques, and you have to remember: he's almost 880 years old at that point. He'd be the equivalent of a senior senior citizen if he was a human.

I have no doubt that Yoda could have defeated Sidious if they were in smaller quarters.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                  I have no doubt that Yoda could have defeated Sidious if they were in smaller quarters.
                  Odds are good that he would have. Yoda not taking him out was just based on the circumstances of the fight...the cards just happened to fall that way.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

One of THE coolest few seconds in the movie was when Sidious was firing lightning at Yoda in the Senate Chamber. Yoda threw up his hands in self defense, and it looked like he was biting off more he could chew. Then, he turns his head toward the Emperor as if to say, 'that's enough of this shit'. He then uses the force of the collected lightning against the Emperor and throws him back about ten to fifteen feet. Fuckin' awesome.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Yes! VERY cool scene!! I dug the shit out of that...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

BOB, I think you're nuts for saying it's better than A NEW HOPE...but you're sure right in saying that it's better (way better, IMO) that JEDI or the other two prequels. I never thought for a second that we'd all be discussing what is clearly the best Star Wars film in a quarter of a century. Fucking loved that flick.

So, who's already seen it a second time on the big screen? I know I'm going to soon.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Seen it twice already. Plan to see it again this weekend.

Not to mention countless number of times on the leaked *cough* workprint *cough*.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            BOB, I think you're nuts for saying it's better than A NEW HOPE...but you're sure right in saying that it's better (way better, IMO) that JEDI or the other two prequels. I never thought for a second that we'd all be discussing what is clearly the best Star Wars film in a quarter of a century. Fucking loved that flick.

So, who's already seen it a second time on the big screen? I know I'm going to soon.
                            I gotta say, I really do like it better than ANH...I think it's a hell of a lot more ambitious at the very least...
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              I gotta say, I really do like it better than ANH...I think it's a hell of a lot more ambitious at the very least...
                              I agree.

Of course little 8 year old Vinnie V would say otherwise.

But alas, I aint 8 years old anymore!

SITH doesn't just happen, it RULES.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

'Rikk, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.'

Comment

Working...