Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It goes without saying that you should NEVER use Windows ME. That is the worst piece of shit excuse for an operating system ever invented.

Last week I went along with a friend to help him figure out was wrong with his sister's PC. After he tried a number of things and failed to improve the situation, I noticed he had a WinXP CD with him.

I said "dude, just fucking upgrade the OS. It couldn't possibly hurt, and will probably help immensely."

Sure enough... this PC, with a 700 Mhz processor and 256MB RAM was running better on WinXP than with the OS that shipped with it.

Gates should refund the money of anyone who paid for that piece of crap. Thank God I didn't.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by flappo
      yeah . whatever

read em and weep

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=248462
      sucks to be them, I guess.

Dude, I really don't care cuz I have no huge loyalty to dell. Cat just asked if anyone had them and their experience. That was mine. I have spent some time on the hotline cuz of ME, and everyone we've gotten was nice as pie. I'm sure people at any comp helpline run into an ass or run into problems.

My opinion was completly from a users point of view. You're strong by macs. Okay. I've run in with nothing but problems with them.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• flappo
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        sucks to be them, I guess.

Dude, I really don't care cuz I have no huge loyalty to dell. Cat just asked if anyone had them and their experience. That was mine. I have spent some time on the hotline cuz of ME, and everyone we've gotten was nice as pie. I'm sure people at any comp helpline run into an ass or run into problems.

My opinion was completly from a users point of view. You're strong by macs. Okay. I've run in with nothing but problems with them.

hey , if co mod's cun't disagree whateveahhh

-----

you're a pc

i'm a mac

i'm original

you're the copy

i'm dave

you're hagar

NUFF SAID

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

wow , is that your setup ?

yeah. i wanted to get another 19" monitor so it would match, but i couldn't find one. then Best Buy had the matching 17's on sale/rebate, so i got two. add another video card and there it is. i built the desk, it's not quite done yet, still have to paint the insides and put laminate on the outsides. the PC is on the floor on a "skate," it's hidden beneath the keyboard drawer in the pic. the monitor on the left will either get a Mini or another PC that will only be used for video capture. i want my main box to have at least two monitors.

to the immediate left i have another piece i built that holds my Rolands and some rack mount modules. the speaker in the pic is an Alesis Monitor One, there's an Alesis RA-100 in the bottom of the rack on the left. there's another rack on the right that has all the video gear.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Toshiba laptop. Costco.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• academic punk
              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              Toshiba laptop.

...and you call yourself an American...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                ...and you call yourself an American...
                Costco. American success story.

BTW - I used to put together and tear apart PC's in the Navy in addition to installing Networks and telecom gear.

Amusing thread.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• flappo
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

yeah , one you got owned in

..again

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                    Costco. American success story.

And a company that treats their employees well and supports progressive causes. I shop there whenever I can. But I prefer to build my own computers
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      i know, but i really don't need another monitor when i already have a couple spares...
                      Eek, time to go flat panel!
                      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

it's the exact opposite , ms are shitting themselves over longhorns 'gestation period' , os-x is superior to anything they have planned i assure you

longhorn won't even have metadata search , unlike tiger
                        Yeah, no shit on that one... we had some MS reps come in and give us a demo of Visual Studio 2005 Team System and we gave 'em some shit about Longhorn and the ever-mobile ship date.

I don't know much about the Mac OSX at all, but I hear Longhorn will be rendered using DirectX solely, and will be able to do some 3D stuff or whatever it is that Mac does that some people like so much.

I don't give a shit about that, I want to be able to locate my files efficiently and quickly, and have a platform that runs all of my software/development suite and games.

Neither MS nor Mac can give me all of that... but MS gives me more of it than Mac.
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• flappo
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

longhorn is a rip off in progress

ALL of it's unique features will debut 18 months previous in os-x

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Do not buy a Dell!!!!!!

Once you do you are restricted regarding what you

can do as far as upgrades go.

And they are harder to service.

Go with a clone, you can get an amazing system for

about $700.00 or even less delivered to your door.

Check these guys out.

I always get great deals on eberything from them!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                              Eek, time to go flat panel!
                              i didn't like the way video looked on the flat panel. that, and the price...i got those 17's for $50 each after rebates and Reward Zone points.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Im a repeat offender... LOL Right now we have and use 4 Dell's. One lap top too. I know.... But they are CHEAP throw aways. You can get a 40 GIB, 17" for $500!!! we are really close to buying the kids their own comps, so they dont fight over the one they use now.

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories
                                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...