• MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
    You're welcome.

Not that I'd be hungry, or anything...
    Well and again, I do thank you.

Any recipe suggestions? If I dunno how to cook one, I sure can find out, try it and post the easy version of a "how to do." lol
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
      Anyone have any good recipes for squash? I'm starting to pick quite a few from my garden, and I need a good recipe.
      What kind of squash?

Dayuum, it seems early for fresh squash but lucky you if you have it.

Tell mw qhat kind and I'll share a cupla good recipes. Keep in mind, if you have an abondance, you can make some epic soup to freeze for the winter months. Friggin' pureed squash soup 'tis soooooooo fuckin' good!!!
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Crookneck summer squash.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          I love watching Everil, Bobby Flay and some of their other shows. I hate the iron chef and shit but yeah, I rarely get much TV time in but those are the shows I love watching.
          I watch the Food Network quite a bit, also, and like to watch Emeril Live whenever he's cooking something I'm interested in. I also have a couple of his cookbooks...one I got for Christmas called "From Emeril's Kitchens", and the other I bought on Amazon called "Louisiana: Real And Rustic". I've cooked quite a few of Emeril's recipe's the last few years, and they never disappoint! Another one of my favorites on the food channel is Paula Deen. I've cooked a few of her recipes, too, and they are always pretty damn good, also.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Gotta love a man who cooks...very hot, indeed.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• b1c2
              Groupie
              • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
              Ally, Coyote or whomever stickied this,

That was awfully nice and thank you.

I've got a ton more recipes to add and especially with summer now being here. Lots of good grillin' ideas.

Anyhoo, this might me off topic but it does pertain to cooking shows and what have you.

Anyone watch Rachel Ray on FoodNetwork? I know she's some Oprah hotshot now but I still have the urge to make fun of her. lol

Now and don't get me wrong cos she seems like a nice person but I watch her "$40 A Day" show cos it's usually on right as I get home from work. K and this bugs the fuck out of me. lol

Evety-single-fucking-time she tastes whatever food she's just purchased in her travels she puts on some onscreen production like she's going for The Oscar for best portrayal of an orgasm!!! I mean food is good but geezus!!! Watched her take a bite out of a friggin' BBQ sandwich tonight and she acted like a submarine had just exploded in her port 'o call. Que the next segment where she takes a bite out of some homemade oreo and same effect. I mean, it's like her segments are almost becoming XXX Rated!!! It wouldn't be so annoying if she'd grab and utilize either a bananna or a zucchini but those squeals and sighs over some cheap meatloaf she just scored in at The Honeymoon Haven Motel in Bumblefuck, Iowa have got to go.

Why does this bother me? I dunno? Dergardless, is it just me or has this broad become sooooooo friggin' annoying that she needs to be banned?

Thank GOD I'm not the only one! That chick drives me batshit!
              I haven't been around in a while but I'm so glad you started this recipe section. Cooking is my passion and I'm always interested in sharing recipes. I'm getting some together right now to post.

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by b1c2
                Thank GOD I'm not the only one! That chick drives me batshit!
                I haven't been around in a while but I'm so glad you started this recipe section. Cooking is my passion and I'm always interested in sharing recipes. I'm getting some together right now to post.
                Why thank you, I appreciate the compliment and I'm stoked to see someone else who derjoys cooking as much as myself. Look forward to teyin' out some of your recipes.

K, I have a new one I made up. It's not food but a cocktail. I was reading in one of our local papers about some bartender chick in Park City who won the readers choice for best original mojito. Well and being how I used to bartend for a number of years, I said to myself "Fuck it, I can make one better than that broad." lol

Anyway, it's a variation on the trendy Mojito except her's is some blackberry version.

K, so I made up a mixed berry mojito. I'll just give the recipe for one so you can multiple the dergredients for however many you wanna make.

I take two fresh strawberries, six fresh raspberries, three fresh blackberries and about a half dozen fresh blueberries for my mixture of berries.

I put them in a shaker with two and a half ounces of TEN CANE rum, an ounce of simple syrup, just a dash of clear Creme De Menthe, an ounce of FRESH lime juice, six fresh mint leaves and then I muddle it all together. Then I add a scoop of ice over the mixture and enough to fill my shaker. Proceed to shake the shit out of it. Then pour it into a tall glass. Ice and all. Don't strain it. The glass should be about 3/4 th's full. Top the glass off with soda, Pelligrino, Perrier or whatever carbonated soda, seltzer you choose. Fuck, even Sprite would be ok but then I'd lessen the simple syrup cos you don't want it too sweet. And VIOLA, a mixed berry mojito.

Very derfreshing for the summertime!!!
                Last edited by MAX; 06-14-2007, 05:12 AM.
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• b1c2
                  Groupie
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  Why thank you, I appreciate the compliment and I'm stoked to see someone else who derjoys cooking as much as myself. Look forward to teyin' out some of your recipes.

K, I have a new one I made up. It's not food but a cocktail. I was reading in one of our local papers about some bartender chick in Park City who won the readers choice for best original mojito. Well and being how I used to bartend for a number of years, I said to myself "Fuck it, I can make one better than that broad." lol

Anyway, it's a variation on the trendy Mojito except her's is some blackberry version.

K, so I made up a mixed berry mojito. I'll just give the recipe for one so you can multiple the dergredients for however many you wanna make.

I take two fresh strawberries, six fresh raspberries, three fresh blackberries and about a half dozen fresh blueberries for my mixture of berries.

I put them in a shaker with two and a half ounces of TEN CANE rum, an ounce of simple syrup, just a dash of clear Creme De Menthe, an ounce of FRESH lime juice, six fresh mint leaves and then I muddle it all together. Then I add a scoop of ice over the mixture and enough to fill my shaker. Proceed to shake the shit out of it. Then pour it into a tall glass. Ice and all. Don't strain it. The glass should be about 3/4 th's full. Top the glass off with soda, Pelligrino, Perrier or whatever carbonated soda, seltzer you choose. Fuck, even Sprite would be ok but then I'd lessen the simple syrup cos you don't want it too sweet. And VIOLA, a mixed berry mojito.

Very derfreshing for the summertime!!!

A mixed berry mojito???? Are you freaking kidding me??? How good does that have to be? I'll tell you when I get back from the store. One of my buds here in town own a abkery and makes a mojito cookie that she is known for. Love it!

Comment

• b1c2
                    Groupie
                    • May 2004

Here is one I made the other day. I couldn't find my meat grinder so I just chopped the pork up into small chunks and it worked fine. You really need to eat it w/the relish to balance the heaviness of the peanut sauce though. Fettucine works if you don't have udon. I also added more sambal oelek because I like it hot!

Relish:
                    1 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
                    1/4 teaspoon salt
                    1 cup shredded carrot
                    1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
                    2 teaspoons sugar
                    1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil

Noodles:
                    8 ounces udon noodles
                    1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
                    1/4 cup natural-style peanut butter
                    2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
                    1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
                    Cooking spray
                    1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
                    1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
                    6 ounces ground pork
                    2 garlic cloves, minced

Preparation
                    To prepare relish, place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain 1 hour. Place cucumber on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes, pressing down occasionally. Combine cucumber, carrot, vinegar, sugar, and oil in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
                    To prepare noodles, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.

Combine broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, and chile paste in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions, ginger, and pork to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until pork loses its pink color. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Pour broth mixture into pan; bring to a simmer, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Pour pork mixture over noodles; toss well. Serve with relish.

Comment

• b1c2
                      Groupie
                      • May 2004

Here is another one that is damn tasty. I used canned pineapple and mixed the juice w/the chicken stock (reducing the amount of tsock called for) and it really added to it. Plus, I'm hitting the gym pretty hard these days and both these recipes are fairly low in calories but don't taste it. Less than 300 calories. I made rice & black beans to go w/it. I threw the pork on the grill after it cooked just to give iy more smokiness and carmelize it. You can use chicken if you don't like pork.

Salsa:
                      2 cups minced pineapple
                      1 cup minced apple
                      1/4 cup minced shallots
                      2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
                      1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
                      1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
                      1/4 teaspoon salt

Tacos:
                      1 tablespoon canola oil
                      1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
                      2 garlic cloves, minced
                      1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
                      1 tablespoon cider vinegar
                      1 teaspoon dried oregano
                      1 teaspoon ground cumin
                      1/2 teaspoon salt
                      1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
                      12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
                      2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
                      12 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed

Preparation
                      To prepare salsa, combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill.
                      To prepare tacos, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes or until pork loses its pink color, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients (through chipotles). Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve pork mixture with tortillas and salsa.

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Here is one I made the other day. I couldn't find my meat grinder so I just chopped the pork up into small chunks and it worked fine. You really need to eat it w/the relish to balance the heaviness of the peanut sauce though. Fettucine works if you don't have udon. I also added more sambal oelek because I like it hot!

Relish:
                        1 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
                        1/4 teaspoon salt
                        1 cup shredded carrot
                        1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
                        2 teaspoons sugar
                        1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil

Noodles:
                        8 ounces udon noodles
                        1/4 cup natural-style peanut butter
                        2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
                        1 tablespoon chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
                        Cooking spray
                        1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
                        1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
                        6 ounces ground pork
                        2 garlic cloves, minced

Preparation
                        To prepare relish, place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain 1 hour. Place cucumber on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes, pressing down occasionally. Combine cucumber, carrot, vinegar, sugar, and oil in a medium bowl; stir until well blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
                        To prepare noodles, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.

Combine broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, and chile paste in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions, ginger, and pork to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until pork loses its pink color. Add garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds. Pour broth mixture into pan; bring to a simmer, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Pour pork mixture over noodles; toss well. Serve with relish.
                        Fuck YEAH!!! That sounds AWESOME!!!

Especially with the peanut butter. I happen to know a certain special lady who'd love this very much!!!

Keep them coming!!!

I have a question, what if I were to substitute the ground pork with ground chorizo? Would that fuck up the dish's premise too much? I happen to love stuff very spicy as well but not to the point as to where it takes away from the initial idea?
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

A mixed berry mojito???? Are you freaking kidding me??? How good does that have to be? I'll tell you when I get back from the store. One of my buds here in town own a abkery and makes a mojito cookie that she is known for. Love it!
                          Hmmmmm "mojito cookies?" Sounds very interesting?

Actually, I have severa; Mojito variations and I'd be happy to post them if anyone's interested? The latest one I learned was a blood orange and basil mojito.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Hey, does anyone have a good homemade curry recipe? One I can either put crab, shrimp, chicken or lamb with? Keep in mind, I also want one that will clear out my sinuses. HOT!!! HOT!!! HOT!!!
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• b1c2
                              Groupie
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                              Fuck YEAH!!! That sounds AWESOME!!!

Especially with the peanut butter. I happen to know a certain special lady who'd love this very much!!!

Keep them coming!!!

I have a question, what if I were to substitute the ground pork with ground chorizo? Would that fuck up the dish's premise too much? I happen to love stuff very spicy as well but not to the point as to where it takes away from the initial idea?
                              I think chorizo would be too much personally. I love chorizo though. There is a little butcher down here that makes the best I've ever had.

I have some curry recipes I'll post this weekend. Curry is my all time favorite food!

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Curry is my all time favorite food!
                                I think I just had a flashback

Where ya been, Angel??
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...