Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Same shit, different day pretty much.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• b1c2
        Groupie
        • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        Same shit, different day pretty much.
        Damn, how many years has it been now? Thats a lot of shit!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by b1c2
          Damn, how many years has it been now? Thats a lot of shit!
          OK, maybe not ALL of the same shit.... But then shit sometimes happens in cycles, ya know?

Er not that we should be talking about shit in a perfectly good cooking thread.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• b1c2
            Groupie
            • May 2004

OK, maybe not ALL of the same shit.... But then shit sometimes happens in cycles, ya know?

true. PM me instead, ok?

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Thanks FORD,

Regardless, you're always welcome around here. Now, who's b1c2? Thus far, I'm enjoying the recipes. Perhaps you two would like to fill me in on the history, no? Pasture Dump, Links, what? :confused:

Hey b1c2, got any good crab cake recipes as well?
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• b1c2
                Groupie
                • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                Thanks FORD,

Regardless, you're always welcome around here. Now, who's b1c2? Thus far, I'm enjoying the recipes. Perhaps you two would like to fill me in on the history, no? Pasture Dump, Links, what? :confused:

Hey b1c2, got any good crab cake recipes as well?

FORD and I go waaay back. Like damn near a decade now. Ouch, I'm getting old.

And despite my androgynous handle, I am a chick!

I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm no help on the crabcakes. I'm trying to get a recipe for panang curry posted for you though!

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I'm sorry to hear about the shellfish thing. One of my best friends suffers the same affliction and is always so bummed that he cannot have lobster, crab or shrimp.

Seriously, thanks regarding the curry. I look forward to making some homemade.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Help! I need some good summer squash recipes, asap! My fridge is beginning to fill up with squash! Max, about the squash soup recipe...?

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                      Help! I need some good summer squash recipes, asap! My fridge is beginning to fill up with squash! Max, about the squash soup recipe...?
                      K, here's a basic soup one from my Grandmother. The great thing is it's such a basic soup and there are so many things you can add to it and all completely up to you. Like in the fall or winter add some heavy cream and puree the soup. It will stick to your ribs. I've also added added (not all at once, lol) hamburger, any kind of pasta, crab, fresh corn in the summertime, shrimp, other veggies, etc. Again, entirely up to you but this is a good base soup to help with your overload of summer squash.

4 tablespoons unsalted butter

4 medium sweet onions (Vidalia or Walla Walla, for example), thinly sliced

2 garlic cloves, minced

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup dry sherry

1/2 cup heavy cream (optional and for a heartier soup)

6 cups chicken stock or broth does just fine as well

2 pounds summer squashes chopped into 1/4-inch dice pieces

1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, about 20 minutes.
                      Add the sherry and reduce by half, only a minute or two. Add the chicken stock and squash. Bring to a boil and cook until squash is soft for about 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Ladle the soup into warm bowls and top with the parmesan cheese.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Awesome, I have nearly all those ingredients on hand except for the cream! Sounds good! Thanks, Max!

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Not a food one but I just learned a killer martini for the ladies. Although I'm just a beeya or wine dude, hate sweet/faggy drinks, this one was actually pretty fuckin' good. Good enough that I'd actually have ONE.

Anybody like sour patch kids candy? Well, here's a sour patch martini.

Read it in a book and had a cupla my bartenders have at it. They did ok but I decided to get back there and make it myself.

I used the following...

1/2 oz Absolut Citron vodka
                          1/2 oz Grey Goose Orange vodka
                          1/2 oz Stoli Raspberry vodka
                          1/2 oz Stoli Strasberi vodka
                          1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
                          1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
                          1/2 oz simple syrup
                          splash cranberry juice

shake with ice, strain into serve into a sugar rimmed chilled martini glass.

Garnish with a cupla of the sour patch kid candies for fun.

I fuckin' shit you not, this fucking drink tastes EXACTLY like those fucking candies and could knock one on their ass!!!

For you single dudes, this drink's a good skirt dropper...
                          Last edited by MAX; 07-07-2007, 05:24 AM.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                            ... sweet/faggy drinks,... Garnish with a cupla of the sour patch kid candies for fun....
                            MMMMmmmmmm!!!!!!

I just loooove those!
                            Especially the ones with umbrellas, volcanos, fake cherries and all...

I will try that shirt dropper (eaven if I don't need one) :p because I am really into the bitter/sweet taste when it comes to drinks!
                            Last edited by blonddgirl777; 07-09-2007, 07:16 AM.
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                            Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                            Originally posted by VanHalener
                            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                              ... For you single dudes, this drink's a good skirt dropper...
                              Now try the L.P.R. (Liquid Panty Remover);

Take the Shirt Dropper, double the amount of the 4 first ingredients and... there ya go! :p

... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

What a way to start a monday mornin'!
                                (It is now, 7:15 AM here)...

Comment

Working...