• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Susie Q
    Max, a bit off subject n' all...but....Are you watching Hells Kitchen? Who do you think will take it? I'm gonna guess Rock.
    Well 'ello there Miss Q.

Ummm, I've seen a few episodes of this season's "Hells Kitchen" but due to my schedule, etc. I haven't dilligently watched every episode.

However, I did see last week's and I tend to agree with you regarding the Rock guy. He does seem the most experienced and most deserving of the title, IMO.

Definitely would like to give your cheesecake recipe a try. However, are you serious that the only sweetener you use is the sweetened milk? :confused: No sugar at all? WOW!!!

I'm a HUGE cheesecake fan. My fave though 'tis the actual NYC style with no crust. You know, where you have the special pan that crisps the outer edges and underneath without making an actual crust. Wish I knew how to do that.

Anyway, cool to see you posting.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Viking
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Dig this - my wife signs up for all this freebie shit on the Internet (and you ought to see some of the shit we get, too!!!!!), and she got a cookbook publishing kit, that has a LOT of stuff with it.

We ought to market one.

Comment

• Viking
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

IM me, and I'll see what's in that goodie box.

Comment

• Susie Q
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          Well 'ello there Miss Q.

Ummm, I've seen a few episodes of this season's "Hells Kitchen" but due to my schedule, etc. I haven't dilligently watched every episode.

However, I did see last week's and I tend to agree with you regarding the Rock guy. He does seem the most experienced and most deserving of the title, IMO.

Definitely would like to give your cheesecake recipe a try. However, are you serious that the only sweetener you use is the sweetened milk? :confused: No sugar at all? WOW!!!

I'm a HUGE cheesecake fan. My fave though 'tis the actual NYC style with no crust. You know, where you have the special pan that crisps the outer edges and underneath without making an actual crust. Wish I knew how to do that.

Anyway, cool to see you posting.
          I don't use any sugar with the recipe. Just the Sweet condensed milk.

I have no clue on how to make the NYC Cheesecake.

As far as Hell's Kitchen goes...next week we will know for sure, I think Rock will end up with it.

Keep this thread alive! I love to see different recipes and takes on different things.

My sister in law made this BBQ sauce and I thought..."What the fuck are you doing?!!"

She put in this Chocolate Orange and a bunch of other stuff in it, and my son used that instead of his usual BBQ Sauce (Kid loves that more than Ketchup.)

I recently bought that Bullseye Guiness Beer BBQ Sauce for my kid, he likes that too! I haven't tried it yet though.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
          ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• mewisemagic
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

This could possibly be one of the best non DLR related threads ever posted at this site!!

Thanks MAX and to everyone else who have volunteered these great recipes!!

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
              This could possibly be one of the best non DLR related threads ever posted at this site!!

Thanks MAX and to everyone else who have volunteered these great recipes!!
              Thank you sir.

Here's to many more recipes forthcoming.

Speaking of which, I just aquired three cases of a limited edition vodka. It's made by Absolut with all of the proceeds to be donated by Absolut to Katrina victims.

It's called Absolut New Orleans.

It's, get this a Mango/pepper flavored vodka?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?

YES, it sounds terrible but I tried it and there's a perfect balance of flavors.

Soooooo... If anyone can think of recipes, I'm all ears cos I have a lot of the stuff to get rid of.

I have my bartending staff working on cocktail recipes as we speak. Of course, there's the bloody mary and we've got a cupla good one's brewing thus far cos the vodka has a mango salsa-ish twang to it.

I think it could work well in a bbq sauce for ribs or chicken?
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Viking
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Is anybody doing a copy-and-paste of all this?

Comment

• MAX
                  Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Thought I'd bump this fucker with another recipe that I've been meaning to post for a while. Also, I guess the timing couldn't come at a better time since someone else 'tis tryin' to cut in on my action. lol :p

Anyhoo, it's very easy and mighty tasy.

Parmesan Garlic Chicken

Dergredients and as always, please keep in mind cooking temps, times amounts of ingredients and everything varies depending on how much you wanna make, your personal seasoning preferences, etc. Hence and as to why I just give the jist of it and how I do it:

Parmesan Cheese. Not the shredded stuff but the grated powdery stuff you sprinle on pizza.

A Packet Powdered Italian Salad Dressing Packet. I use the "Good Seasons" brand.

Chicken Breasts (skinless and boneless)

Garlic Powder

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Chicken Stock or Canned Chicken Broth. I use the Emeril stuff cos it's all natural and so full of flavor as opposed to the canned stuff which seems to be more watery, IMO. You can find it in the soup aisle right next to the Swanson's and the other stuff.

K, first off, take the chicken and dip it or marinate it in the chicken stock for about a cupla hours in the fridge.

When you're ready to cook, take out the chix and put it in this dry mixture.

Dry Mixture:

Parm Cheese, Garlic Powder, Packet of Powdered Italian Dressing Seasoning, Fresh Black Pepper.

Mix that all up as you would a breading except the parm is now what would normally be the flour or breadcrumbs.

Dip the chicken in the parm breading (just as you would doing fried chicken, shake and bake or whatever) and place in a shallow baking dish.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken's cooked through.

This dish is stellar to serve with rice, pasta or veggies.

You'll end up with these crispy parmesan crusted chicken breasts that are soakd with flavor and juicy from bathing in the chicken stock.

Seriously, such an easy dish and despite the parm cheese, it's extremely light and not heavy at all.
                  EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

"The key to good cooking is good ingreadients. It's the chef's job not to fuck it up." --Anthony Bourdain--
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jano
                      Commando
                      • Feb 2004

The key to good cooking is to respect the basics of cooking.Good ingredients don't make good recipes it's the way to cook this ingredient together that's going to make a good meal or not!
                      little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                      http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

K, I have a new one here, I wanna squeeze it in this month and I also have to give DG props for inspiring the idea.

It's an Oktoberfest or Rothtober Pizza!!!

Primarily, it's a pizza with a mustard sauce instead of marinara or red, topped with bratwurst, kraut and cheese. That's the basic idea and it kicked ass if you're into this kind of food.

DG made one first and she used Boboli for the crust. There's a place here that makes "take and bake" pizzas, so I purchased a plain crust from them. Hence, an already prepared pizza dough just awaiting the topping and then I baked it.

This 'tis another one of those recipes where I cannot give you any specific cooking temps or times. I'll just give you the basic idea and you'll have to run with it on your own.

K and first off, I'm going to start with my toppings. Bratwurst 'tis the first and I cook mine a specific way so here goes...

I always buy the uncooked brats either homemade from a local German deli or the Johnsonville ones sold in the meat aisle and NOT the ones pre-cooked from the hot dog aisle.

K, what you do 'tis take a big pot, add about four to a six pack of beers, a stick of butter, one yellow onion (peeled and sliced) and a few peeled cloves of garlic. Bring that to a raging boil, throw in your bratties, turn down the heat and simmer them until they're 80% cooked. I really like mine to soak up the beer/onion/butter/garlic mixture so I reduce the heat to low and it generally takes mine about twenty minutes to cook.

When the brats are done, I'll go and throw them on the grill, turn them a cupla times and finish cooking them until they're golden brown.

I also like to strain the beer boiled onions from the batch and set them aside. They make for a great topping on brats but also work wonderfully on this pizza. I mean, they've been boiled with garlic, beer, butter and sausages!!! They have a great flavor!!! I also chopped up some bacon bits finely and mixed them with the beer/butter onions.

Next, here's how I do my sauerkraut...

I buy the Claussen brand (it's in the refrigerated section and they're well known for their epic pickles) which 'tis a bit more spendy but it's worth it, IMO and delicious.

I also like to but one granny smith apple, peel and core it, dice it up into teeny pieces and cook it with the kraut. So.... Take yer kraut and apple, put in a pan and simmer for a bit.

Now for the sauce. I bought a little thing of pre-made Alfredo sauce and mixed it with three different mustards. I used Dijon, regular yellow and some brown deli mustard. I used the alfredo as a mixer cos just using the mustard as the base pizza sauce just would not have cut it IMO. Anyhoo, mustard it to your own specific taste and then spread it over your dough or crust.

For the cheese I used two kinds, Sliced Swiss and shredded mozzerella. After I put the mustard sauce on the dough, I placed several slices of the swiss and sprinkled a bit of the mozzerella.

I then added the onions and a few slices of the brats. I then put on another pile of the cheese. I topped it with more brats and then spread the kraut all over the top.

Lastly, I used whatever remaining brat slices and cheese to finish it off.

In my oven I cooked it at 450 for about 29 - 30 min and the cheese was perfectly melted and the crust was golden brown.

I then enjoyed it with some beer.
                        Last edited by MAX; 10-16-2007, 05:20 AM.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Grant
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2005

Sounds good, Maximus.

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

'ello, long time and no action within this thread.

Anyhoo, I started another and more specific thread regarding holiday recipies separately within this forum and I mentioned the following recipe...

I was going to wait and post it after I gave it a shot this week. Regardless and fuck it cos it sounds so good, I'm going to post it just incase anyone else wants to give it a try as well.

It's a different take/idea on butternut squash as a side dish. I know many peeps don't use nor consider butternut squash as one of the basics but my family always has whether as a soup, mashed or whatever.

Regardless, this recipe sounds fucking awesome, can't wait to make it and I bought all of the ingredients earlier today.

Butternut Squash Lasagna

1 tablespoon olive oil
                            1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
                            Salt and freshly ground black pepper
                            1/2 cup water
                            3 amaretti cookies, crumbled
                            1/4 cup butter
                            1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                            3 1/2 cups whole milk
                            Pinch nutmeg
                            3/4 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
                            12 no-boil lasagna noodles
                            2 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
                            1/3 cup grated Parmesan

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the water into the skillet and then cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and then transfer the squash to a food processor. Add the amaretti cookies and blend until smooth. Season the squash puree, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
                            Melt the butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the nutmeg. Cool slightly. Transfer half of the sauce to a blender*. Add the basil and blend until smooth. Return the basil sauce to the sauce in the pan and stir to blend. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.

Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.

Lightly butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce over the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 of the squash puree over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle 1/2 cup of sauce over the noodles. Repeat layering 3 more times.

Tightly cover the baking dish with foil and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the lasagna. Continue baking uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the top is golden, 15 minutes longer. Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving.

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Chooch MaGooch
                              Groupie
                              • Feb 2005

I hear your favorite is man jizz goulash.
                              Originally posted by Hyman Roth
                              Its no secret: I think the Army is pure shit. I can count on one hand the posters over there that I enjoy reading with a few fingers left over. The rest is a bunch of drooling at the mouth fucking idiots. I rarely ever go there. Elvis is a born-again, male-nurse prick that rarely has anything to contribute.

Comment

• MAX
                                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Chooch MaGooch
                                I hear your favorite is man jizz goulash.
                                I'm sorry that you took the time to post within this thread.

Unfortunately, I've now read your post three times and I still don't get it? :confused:

Is that some sort of recipe that originated in Russia? Now and only to be found transcribed within the grout of a bathouse in San Francisco?

Again, this thread isn't about poopy nor doodies. So please feel free to start your own culinary thread pertaining to fudge, corn kernels, peanuts, raspberry ripples, etc or how to remove chocolate rings around your lips during a quick "bathroom break" at a nice dinner party for both yourself along with your fans.

Thanks
                                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...