Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blacklisted
    Banned
    • Sep 2004

I have sticky fingers (with the zipper cover) and Physical Graffiti on LP.

Very cool albums.

Physical Graffiti is my fav Zeppelin. I was just listening to that actually as I cleaned the kitchen 20 minutes ago. Bron-yr-aur, great acoustic work.

Comment

• blueturk
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

Alice Cooper (the old BAND) put out some great packages too.The calender in "Killer",the fold-out desk on "School's Out",and everything but the kitchen sink in "Billion Dollar Babies".$5.00 went a long way back then!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blacklisted
        I have sticky fingers (with the zipper cover) and Physical Graffiti on LP.

Very cool albums.

Physical Graffiti is my fav Zeppelin. I was just listening to that actually as I cleaned the kitchen 20 minutes ago. Bron-yr-aur, great acoustic work.
        PHYSICAL GRAFFITI is also (IMO) the best Zeppelin album. These days, my favorite is PRESENCE. But PHYSICAL has everything. And the LP version...I never owned that. But I can only imagine.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
          Alice Cooper (the old BAND) put out some great packages too.The calender in "Killer",the fold-out desk on "School's Out",and everything but the kitchen sink in "Billion Dollar Babies".$5.00 went a long way back then!
          Man, I wish CD packaging had the same creativity vinyl did. KISS albums also apparently came with all this cool shit...an actual gun cut out that came with the LOVE GUN album.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            PHYSICAL GRAFFITI is also (IMO) the best Zeppelin album. These days, my favorite is PRESENCE. But PHYSICAL has everything. And the LP version...I never owned that. But I can only imagine.

My fave has always been Houses........ it's so different, and the songs vary so much from track to track. "The Song Remains The Same" is my favorite Zep tune. Can you wrong go wrong with any of those albums though?

Comment

• LookN4AMootBeat
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Skyscraper87
              Fair Warning was the first album I ever bought, and I still listen to it now as much as I ever did. First album I listened to without skipping through a single note, and I can still sit and enjoy it as if I were still 13 playing my first guitar.
              Right on man, same here.
              I like Van Halen more than Dave's PA Rental.....which means I like Van Halen more than you

"YOU JUST BUILD BIKES!"

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blueturk

I gotta shout out for the packaging of "Muscle Of Love"...complete with book cover!!! I crack up every time I look at it!
                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Blacklisted
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                  My fave has always been Houses........ it's so different, and the songs vary so much from track to track. "The Song Remains The Same" is my favorite Zep tune. Can you wrong go wrong with any of those albums though?

Yah Zeppelin is great classic band. I like it all myself. Physical Graffiti on LP is pretty cool (Rikk) it sounds very nice.

Houses is amazing, The Song Remains The Same is such a classic.

Down By The Seaside is my fav song off of Physical. Cool mellow slide guitar in it.

LP's are so sweet. VH is so fucking wicked on LP so loud and the way it is meant to sound. Especially 1984, you throw the cd on when you are pumpin' Hot For Teacher, the bass just is not there like the LP.
                  Last edited by Blacklisted; 12-02-2004, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Just the fact that the covers are bigger, the pictures are bigger...there are a ton of great things about LPs.
                    I always liked the artwork of the maiden covers...doesn't work on cd at all...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Blacklisted
                      Yah Zeppelin is great classic band. I like it all myself. Physical Graffiti on LP is pretty cool (Rikk) it sounds very nice.

Houses is amazing, The Song Remains The Same is such a classic.

Down By The Seaside is my fav song off of Physical. Cool mellow slide guitar in it.

LP's are so sweet. VH is so fucking wicked on LP so loud and the way it is meant so sound. Especially 1984, you throw the cd on when you are pumpin' Hot For Teacher, the bass just is not there like the LP.
                      Cool, not many people have ever complimented Down by the Seaside. A lot of people consider it a throwaway, but I fuckin' love it.

Comment

• Blacklisted
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2004

Yah
                        Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                        Cool, not many people have ever complimented Down by the Seaside. A lot of people consider it a throwaway, but I fuckin' love it.
                        Yah. I like to let Bron-yr-aur and Down By The Seaside run together. Well I usually throw on the whole LP but... But on my comp I will listen to the two songs in sequence.

Yah Maiden covers are pretty sweet. I have a re-print of the Number of The Beast. Another great sounding LP.

Comment

• flappo
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

personally i prefer vh 1 to fw

knowing it was recorded live is the icing on the cake

'masterpiece' doesn't do that album justice , imho it surpasses anything the beatles / queen or zep ever produced

Comment

• Blacklisted
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by flappo
                            personally i prefer vh 1 to fw

knowing it was recorded live is the icing on the cake

'masterpiece' doesn't do that album justice , imho it surpasses anything the beatles / queen or zep ever produced
                            You know what they say about opinions. They are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Comment

• flappo
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

you're starting to annoy me , shithead

you wanna take me on ?

go ahead , make my day

Comment

• BIG GOOSE
                                Roadie
                                • Sep 2004

"I don't wanna hear about it later"

"Let's spend the night together"

Yup. It is almost exactly the same. LOL.
                                Fuck,I've thought the same thing for years now this seals it.

Comment

Working...