Oh shit...Robo-Cop remake is in the works...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mezro
    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    I saw this one right after I read that they're making "Miami Vice" the movie!!!!! Supposedly Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx are in it...WHY!!!!!?????!!!!!
    Because Michael Mann is directing and producing.

Mezro...more than reason enough...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

With Mann directing, it might have a shot at not totally sucking, agreed.

But Mann could come up with something better on his own rather than update Miami Vice to the big screen.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

There is one remake that I am actually looking forward to...the remake of King Kong, for several reasons:

1. Peter Jackson

2. The 1970s version was ok, but it was set in the 70s, and that kinda ruined it for me. Part of the original's charm was that it was set in the time it was made (1930).

3. As it was made in 1930s, the special effects technology sucked. Sorry, I mean Ray Harryhausen was a genius, and did some absolutely incredible shit then and for the following 40 years with the tech that was available, but with today's technology, the film can be made to appear VERY realistic in comparison.

If it were not for Peter Jackson directing, I would not be so interested. He proved his capability with Lord Of The Rings, and the nice thing about him is for the most part he strives to be faithful to the original, just using modern special effects.

The trailer looked grate, because it was set back in the 1920s-1930s time frame.

This will be interesting (for once).
        I don't know about King Kong.

Just because Peter "Rings" Jackson is directing it, doesn't mean it will be great.

Besides, Jack Black????

I thought the 1976 version was good. Jessica Lange was a hottie!

Maybe Jackson should try at writing his own movie instead of re-making films based on previous versions or novels.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

The original 1933 Kong is a classic and a milestone in filimaking.

Its finally out on DVD today in a special 2 disc collector's edition.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...