X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Well, it still might be:

Besides that, not much, my current hometown does have a good hockey team (not the one I've cheered for the last 20 years but...)
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

We've got the "Greatest Snow on Earth" (That's one of our state's slogans) if one's into enjoying winter sports. We have tons of resorts and they're all only thirty minutes away. So, being an avid skier, it rocks.

SLC is also cool cos it's a big enough city to have anything one needs or wants. Nice places to eat etc. It's also cool cos it's one of the smaller metropolitan cities.

The Mormon thing kind of sucks cos there's no separation between church and state which makes our liquor laws the most fucked up around. It's always a source of embarrassment trying to explain them to clients or friends that visit.

On the other hand and due to the mormon influence, our city is relatively safe and lacks a ton of crime compared to other cities.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Golden AWe
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

or...

FAKK, WHERE'S THAT SUMMER NOW!!!
        Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Golden AWe
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          We've got the "Greatest Snow on Earth" (That's one of our state's slogans) if one's into enjoying winter sports. We have tons of resorts and they're all only thirty minutes away. So, being an avid skier, it rocks.

The Mormon thing kind of sucks cos there's no separation between church and state which makes our liquor laws the most fucked up around. It's always a source of embarrassment trying to explain them to clients or friends that visit.
          You should move to Finland Funland. You can ski pretty much everywhere and the alcohol laws are pretty tolerant.
          Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
            You should move to Finland Funland. You can ski pretty much everywhere and the alcohol laws are pretty tolerant.
            Do you ski AWe?

I'm addicted and have been my entire life. I try to go between twenty and thirty times a year. One of my best friends is from Austria and always compares our region to that of his. Says the mountains are similarly epic.

How close is Funland to Austria? Please forgive me but my geography has always left a lot to be desired.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
              Do you ski AWe?

I'm addicted and have been my entire life. I try to go between twenty and thirty times a year. One of my best friends is from Austria and always compares our region to that of his. Says the mountains are similarly epic.

How close is Funland to Austria? Please forgive me but my geography has always left a lot to be desired.
              The difference between us and is something like 1500 kilometers...we don't have real mountains here, the highest one is 1300 meters...but some good places for downhill skiing, if that is what you're looking for, and loads of wild, peaceful forests to go skiing, hiking and camping...

I don't have time to go skiing much anymore, but I do go fishing and hunting in Lapland...wild ducks and gooses mostly. The best place I've gone skiing was Banska Bystrica in Slovakia...very, very cheap too.

Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Thanks for the map, so yeah, pretty much the same type of region. I'll ask my pal if he's been to Funland. Yeah, I'm talkin' about downhill skiing. Never much liked cross-country skiing. I love to camp and stuff but don't do much like when I was young.

We have huge mountains here.

The "Main" one is called Mount Olympus.

No skiing on that one though. lol

Here's a view of the city with the mountains in the back. It's weird cos we take them for granted. I mean they're close and we have mountains on both the east and west sides of our valley:

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Grate views you've got there...I bet it doesn't look as depressing and dark there in the autumn time like it does here in the Southern Funland...during the few months it's only raining and windy...and it's only good if you go up north for the colorful RUSKA-time of Lapland...then, the actual wintertime it's actually refreshing and more fun to move outside, even here in the southern Funland....
                  Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

not really anything cool about where i live now (unless you like snow), but the town where i was born is home to High Tech Performance Trailers. they make a lot of the NASCAR haulers.

DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2004

Good things about Cologne, Germany (Köln in German)

Most open minded and liberal city in Germany.

Our alcohol laws are a joke compared to most parts of the world. Hard liqor 18, beer and wine 16 and if your parents give green light 14.

Compared to most parts of the world alcohol, especially beer, is very cheap.

Bars and clubs have to close for at least 1 hour a day, meaning you can more or less go out all night, every night.

Age of consent is 14.

Compared to other European metropolises the average rent is low while wages and salaries are above average.

Public transport gets you almost everywhere, though usually not on time.

Crime rate is quite low, especially compared to cities in the UK and USA.

World famous Carneval (1 million visitors, many of them chicks looking for adventure).

I like living here!
                      http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                        Grate views you've got there...I bet it doesn't look as depressing and dark there in the autumn time like it does here in the Southern Funland...during the few months it's only raining and windy...and it's only good if you go up north for the colorful RUSKA-time of Lapland...then, the actual wintertime it's actually refreshing and more fun to move outside, even here in the southern Funland....
                        Thanks.

You should post some of Funland when you get a chance. It would be cool to see.

Actually our autumn's are epic. We get all of the fall colors going everywhere. The winter sucks shit in the valley cos it's like living in a gigantic soup bowl cos we're surrounded my mountains. We always get a gloomy and shitty inversion of pollution that blankets the valley/city and makes it fucking freezing with no sun getting through. Very depressing. That's why so many of us ski in the winters cos once you go up the canyon, it's like a breath of fresh air, literally.

You can't even see the city cos it's blanketed with all of that trapped smog and cold air. Imagine this viewpoint, then looking down there's a disgusting dark grey cloud that covers the city. Happens every winter and only gets cleaned when we have a good storm.

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Wawazat
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                          Good things about Cologne, Germany (Köln in German)

Most open minded and liberal city in Germany.

I like living here!
                          Don´t forget the fact you have a own language, no one 5 miles outside of Cologne will understand a word.
                          Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Wawazat
                            Don´t forget the fact you have a own language, no one 5 miles outside of Cologne will understand a word.
                            Et isse su!
                            http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Re: What's cool about your Hometown?

The Grunge ...
                              Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Glendale Wikipedia entry

Glendale - Forgotten NY

When Houdini returns form the dead, he's waking up across the street from me. It's pretty cool having Houdini as a neighbor.

Archie Bunker's house is a few blocks down the road, Spiderman's house is on the other side of town, and Christopher Walken filmed a movie on my block. My friend's family owns the bar Steve Busemi filmed his one movie in.

We're a pretty cool town with A LOT of history. Unfortunately, a lot of that history is dying and the none of the groups moving in cares enough to preserve that history. Shame.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...