X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vh rides again
    Commando
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Matt White
    It stopped being interesting after the 3rd season........

It's been a soap opera for years.....

time for THE SOPRANOS MOVIE..........
    a movie would be good.

Comment

• vh rides again
      Commando
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
      It did get to be a bit too soap opera-y there for a while...when T and Carm were splitting up....but maybe that was just to appeal to a wider audience than your typical ganster-film afficianados. They picked it up again though when they brought in Steve Buscemi and Frank Vincent. The last 2.5 or 3 seasons have been awesome.
      yes they have been good years, i didnt care for last season all that much, but this year there was some twists and turns.

i thought last weeks episode was great,ive watched it a few times now just to keep in tune with tonights episode.

im kinda sorry the show is going to end. i always look forward to seeing it.
      hopefully they wont kill off tony so there can be a movie, like matt white said in post above.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
        Veteran
        • Nov 2006

Posted this at DDLR:

Watching the most recent episode, I entertained the brief notion that Pauly Walnuts sells Tony out to Phil Leotardo and Tony bites it in the end. Pauly bitched about going to the matress with NY referencing the last time he went to war in the 70's and how he barely survived. He delegated the job of setting up the Leotardo hit to Patsy Parisi (who has proved capable in the past, but still, if I remember correctly, Miami Steve gave the job to Paulie).

Paulie is from Tony's father's old crew. He probably doesn't have much time left before he retires. Leotardo's crew is bigger than Tony's crew and Paulie probably thinks he's a target. A few seasons back, he made overtures to Johnny Sack more than once when he wasn't pleased with the way things were going. If T would have know about it, it would have been one final boat trip on the 'Stugats' for Paulie.

I could see Paulie justifying it to himself as a matter of self-preservation. I could also imagine Paulie getting whacked at the same time as Tony after it is revealed that Paulie betrayed Tony.
        Frank Vincent is awesome as Phil Leotardo - am I right?
        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Hyman Roth
          Veteran
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by vh rides again
          ... i didnt care for last season all that much....
          Yeah - I was a bit bored with the "Vito's homo escapade" thing...that is until he capped that dude he rear ended on his way back to see his family....then the story started to take off.

And that final scene where Frank Vincent literally "came out of the closet" to wack him (he was hiding in the closet and that was certainly intentional irony on the part of whoever wrote that script...did anyone notice that?) man - that was a great moment in the history of the series.

One thing is for certain - tonight's final episode is going to KICK ASS....forgeddabout it!!
          Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
            Veteran
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
            Posted this at DDLR:

I agree. I have been predicting that Paulie has been plotting against Tony without the audience knowing it. I also predicted TOny would kill Christopher. But, I also predicted Silvio would not get killed. He wasn't killed yet, but it is implied he won't be coming out of the coma.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Christopher dying was indeed a predictable one. But I originally thought that Christopher would be the one to betray T.

I still think Tony will live...and I think it will not be exactly what we guessed.

But I still the two Arab guys will play a part...
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                Commando
                • Mar 2006

Tony should have let AJ drown.
                And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                  I agree. A.J. is more useless than Jackie Aprile Jr.

It's not that the kid has problems...it's that he's never had any positive influence on anyone in his life.

Will he die, though? I think that would be the more predictable route. I don't see it happening.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

I wonder if Silvio will die or if they will let the series end with him unconscious in the hospital.
                    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

Yes.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                        Veteran
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Rikk

But I still the two Arab guys will play a part...
                        That sure would be an interesting twist from out of left field but I wouldn't put it past Mr. Chase.

How about if that Russian they left in the Pine Barrens came back with an AK-47 and just leveled everyone???
                        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                          Veteran
                          • Nov 2006

"Put remote control back on remote control docking station..."

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                          Yeah - his character is weak but Iller has turned out to be a decent actor - convincing, at least. Jamie-Lynn (Meadow) on the other hand was a better actor in when she was a kid than she is now - seriously, she is so bad that after the Sopranos is over....she will never get cast in anything serious again. I knew better actors in my high school drama class. She is truly the weakest link in that ensemble. But still....

Last edited by Hyman Roth; 06-10-2007, 12:29 PM.
                          Trollidillo-T

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

This chick is hot.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2006

Comment

Working...