X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

You can watch the final moments here.

Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
      They never showed you.

She was walking toward it and you heard it open, but you never saw who opened it when Tony looked up and it went to black.
      Yes, I know. But it was the best time to pull the black screen because it left in an air of suspense. The cut there leaves the moment open for everyone to speculate what exactly happened.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Very interesting:

A theory proposed by a reader of the NJ.com Sopranos blog using the handle Lorbnash: the nine episodes of this season have represented the nine circles of Hell from Dante's "The Divine Comedy." The fourth circle, for instance, is for the greedy and the miserly; the fourth episode was Tony and Hesh's gambling showdown. The seventh circle is where the suicides go; A.J. took his dip in the family pool in episode seven. The ninth circle is for the traitors, and Butchie implicitly betrayed Phil. (For added fun, reader Joe Adler pointed out the similarities between the Eugene Delacroix painting "The Barque of Dante" and the Annie Leibovitz promotional image on the season five DVD set. Google them both if you want your mind blown.)
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

I get what people are trying to say about the ending but I think it still sucked.
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• vh rides again
            Commando
            • Dec 2006

woops
            Last edited by vh rides again; 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
              I get what people are trying to say about the ending but I think it still sucked.
              i still totally agree with you. i swear to god it's "the emperor's new clothes," story with the sopranos. so many people have said how outstanding and groundbreaking the sopranos is; and how many obscure, but important references chase includes, that it MUST be good, even if i don't think so.

hey, david chase ended the series in the middle of a scene. but it didn't actually show us any new insight; it's just tony the mob boss being worried about the potential dangers inherent in the business. but it's the sopranos! it's groundbreaking! oh yeah! i loved the ending! didn't you hear? it was groundbreaking!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

I didn't know that Michael Imperioli is 41 and James Gandolfini is 46.

They seem much further apart in age. Hmm.
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                  i still totally agree with you. i swear to god it's "the emperor's new clothes," story with the sopranos. so many people have said how outstanding and groundbreaking the sopranos is; and how many obscure, but important references chase includes, that it MUST be good, even if i don't think so.

hey, david chase ended the series in the middle of a scene. but it didn't actually show us any new insight; it's just tony the mob boss being worried about the potential dangers inherent in the business. but it's the sopranos! it's groundbreaking! oh yeah! i loved the ending! didn't you hear? it was groundbreaking!
                  Yeah, David Chase probably said to himself, "I am going to create the worst ending possible and some people will still say that it is genius". Either that or he just got too artsie fartsie with it.

When it ended I said, "what the hell was that" and then I was left with the feeling that I watched the entire series for nothing. What a joke!
                  Last edited by PlexiBrown; 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...