Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Too bad.....Chef was my favorite character.

Oh well. I have not watched South Park in several years anyway....

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

OWNED!
      What a hypocrite....
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• jslav06
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2006

It's not gonna be too different without Hayes because the past couple seasons, which were still brilliant and funny as hell, barely had Chef in any of the episodes. Chef was a hilarious character, but I think the show will do fine without him.
        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
        I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by amadeus
          Why is that all Scientologists feel this way? You see Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, etc. made fun of all the time and when these groups protest it, they are seen as religious radicals and should recognize everybody's right to free speech but if Scientology is attacked, it has to be a major deal. Let the hypocrite go if he wants to be that way about things,.
          When your religion is a sham you tend to get a little touchy!

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Those scientology people get touchy. I was discussing that episode with my VP (who is or was a SP fan) and later found out that she is married to a freakin Scientology priest! Of course I worked in Clearwater, which is their base or something.

Yep, just got a new job this week! Very happy...
            gnaw on it

Comment

• Full Bug
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

The Top 15 Least Known Chapters in "Dianetics"

"Getting Chicks To Say Yes: L. Ron Answers the Booty Call"

"Hey, If It's In a Bestseller, It MUST Be True!"

"Travolta 3:16"

"Making Your Own E-meter With Dixie Cups And Duct Tape"

"Chapter 26: In Which Luke Discovers that L. Ron Vader is His Real Father"

"Chapter 5: Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot"

"'Old Mother' Hubbard -- L. Ron, the Transvestite Years"

"Chapter 12: Geez, You're Still Buying This, Aren't You?"

"The Human Mind: That Vast Realm Half an Inch Behind the Forehead (Two Inches Back for Scott Hamilton)"

"When a Lawsuit Hits Your Eye, Like a Big Pizza Pie, That's Scientology"

"He's NOT the Telescope Guy!"

"Chapter 11 - How To File For It"

"Movie Stars -- Are They Gullible, or What?"

"Chapter 3: Post This on the Internet and We'll Sue Your Ass!"
              and the Number 1 Least Known Chapter in "Dianetics"...

"Commandment Number One: 'Show Me the Money!'"
              Last edited by Full Bug; 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM.
              Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Sleeper Cell
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Feb 2006

it makes you wonder if some of those Scientoligist ass bandits like Cruise and ReVolta put some kind of pressure ol' Ike Hayes. Maybe they threatened him with a demotion in the ranks, or told him that LeBron Hubbard wouldn't have him over for dinner if he kept hanging around heathens like Stone and Parker...

I love hypocrites.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Yet another case of religious stupidity getting in the way of fun and creativity.

Of course, it was all fair game until they poked fun at his religion.

All religion must end.....
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• amadeus
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jun 2004

Scientology is a very scary 'religion'. I got a book and some of the things that you have to 'agree' to is crazy. They say that they are all about freedom in living your life but I guess they object to Freedom of Speech when you start attacking their people in any way, shape or form.~~~ They are monitoring me now, must go or else Scientologists will eat me!!!!!~~~~

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

They got 'em!!!:eek:

Comment

• Loons The Great

I can hear,"Jesus Ranch," by Tenacious D right 'bout nah...I'll bet D-Ro would be interested in doin' some voice over...or Animal...

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

what i want is another terrance and philip special - to rival their thanksgiving show
                          Originally posted by flappo
                          i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
                          translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Chef's Quitting Controversy

By Roger Friedman

Isaac Hayes did not quit "South Park." My sources say that someone quit it for him.

I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything. Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. At the time it was said that he was hospitalized and suffering from exhaustion.

It’s also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on "South Park," would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology.

Last November, when the “Trapped in a Closet” episode of the comedy aired, I saw Hayes and spent time with him in Memphis for the annual Blues Ball.

If he hated the show so much, I doubt he would have performed his trademark hit song from the show, “Chocolate Salty Balls.” He tossed the song into the middle of one of his less salacious hits and got the whole audience in the Memphis Pyramid to sing along.

I can tell you, Hayes was very pleased with himself, was in a great mood and, as always, loved his fans' coming up to him and asking him about Chef.

As recently as early January, before his stroke, Hayes defended the "South Park" creators in an interview with “The AV Club,” the serious side of the satirical newspaper, The Onion.

AV Club: They did just do an episode that made fun of your religion, Scientology. Did that bother you?

Hayes: Well, I talked to Matt [Stone] and Trey [Parker] about that. They didn't let me know until it was done. I said, 'Guys, you have it all wrong. We're not like that. I know that's your thing, but get your information correct, because somebody might believe that [expletive], you know?' But I understand what they're doing. I told them to take a couple of Scientology courses and understand what we do. [Laughs.]

The truth is, Hayes has a sly sense of humor and loves everything about "South Park." It’s provided him a much-needed income stream since losing the royalties to the many hits he’s written, such as “Shaft” and “Soul Man,” in the mid-1970s.

Even though he’s one of America’s most prolific hit writers, Hayes has been denied access to profits from his own material for almost 30 years.

But it’s hard to know anything since Hayes, like Katie Holmes, is constantly monitored by a Scientologist representative most of the time. Luckily, at the Blues Ball he was on his own, partying just with family and friends. He was very excited about having gotten married and about the impending birth of a new child.

Friends in Memphis tell me that Hayes did not issue any statements on his own about South Park. They are mystified.

“Isaac’s been concentrating on his recuperation for the last two and a half, three months,” a close friend told me.

Hayes did not suffer paralysis, but the mild stroke may have affected his speech and his memory. He’s been having home therapy since it happened.

That certainly begs the question of who issued the statement that Hayes was quitting "South Park" now because it mocked Scientology four months ago. If it wasn’t Hayes, then who would have done such a thing?

Meantime, Tom Cruise may have gotten Comedy Central to pull its repeat of "South Park"'s Scientology spoof last week, but the result is that episode is all over the Web. You can see it for free at http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=search_videos
                            Last edited by Full Bug; 03-20-2006, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

And the plot thickens...
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

He's Back!!! Chef Returns to South Park

The launch of "South Park’s" 10th season is marked by the triumphant homecoming of school chef, Jerome McElroy. "The Return of Chef!," premieres Wednesday, March 22 at 10:00 p.m., only Comedy Central.
                                The town is jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears. While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about chef seems different. When Chef’s strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him.

source: www.southparkstudios.com
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...