X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Shit, I'm wracking my fucking brain trying to remember stuff? Unfortunately, most of the stuff that's gone was locally.

Anyway, I remember when "Pizza Hut" was a sit down restaurant, you went with your fam and delivery wasn't even a thought.

I also remember when fast-food chicken sands were a new thing. I remember when you oredered one at Wendy's it came with all of the toppings that went on a hamburger. Anyone else remember that?

Another one I remember from childhood were these BBQ sands from ARBY's called "ARBYQ's" that my parents would bring home a sack full of and we'd gobble them down.

I also remember when chicken "nuggets" were the "new" thing and all of the fast food places had them. The one's from Kentucky Fried Chicken were the best, if memory serves me correctly? Speaking of that, fuck, remember when that place was called that and not "KFC?" It was also more of a "family oriented" faster food establishment as opposed what I see today. Much like the others I've mentioned prior.

Remember when they were like this?

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• mewisemagic
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
      Some other things that I know many of you can relate to as well.

Remember when "Slurpees" at 7-11 only came in say two flavors, they had to be ordered at the counter and the clerk had to fetch them for you?

How about when soda pop was in glass fucking bottles? Man, it beyond tasted better than plastic. Hence and probably a big reason why I don't drink soda anymore. lol. Keeping in stride with that, remember when you'd drink the bottles and return them to the store for $$$?

Fuck, this is a cool thread.
      I believe the 2 flavors were Cherry and Coke {Right}?

I also remember the collectable plastic cups,some super heros,baseball players and the like...

And I agree 100% on the glass bottles......Remember when RC Cola had the bottle caps that you could peel back the plastic underneath to reveal a winning prize?Sometimes it was a free soda or 25 cents,Just enough to keep you coming back for more..lol

Very cool thread!!
      Last edited by mewisemagic; 07-02-2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• frets5150
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

The Reggie bar that was some good shit

Comment

• MAX
          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
          I believe the 2 flavors were Cherry and Coke {Right}?
          If I remember correctly, there was always Coke, then the others were a rotation of Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Banana, Orange, Grape and Bubble gum, etc. Just basics.
          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• mewisemagic
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Does anyone remember Taco flavored Doritos?

They were replaced by Nacho Cheese flavored somewhere around the late 70s to early 80s......Damn they were good!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

two words:

Necco Wafers
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• mewisemagic
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                two words:

Necco Wafers

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  More for fellow peeps along the lines of my age group...

Oh dear...

I wasn't allowed to have the sugary cereal, or it would be "monkey hour" until waaay after noon time.
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

pop rocks were cool

I thought it would be funny to chase a mouthful of these with soda

my teeth hurt for days

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

candy cigarettes...lol

we thought we were *such* hot shit with these

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
                        Does anyone remember Taco flavored Doritos?

They were replaced by Nacho Cheese flavored somewhere around the late 70s to early 80s......Damn they were good!
                        Yeah, that one pisses me off. I loved the Taco Doritos. It wasn't the Nacho Cheese that replaced them, though that did become the "standard" flavor. They finally dropped the "taco" flavor when they introduced the "Salsa Picante" and "Salsa Verde" flavors in the late 90's.

Gotta admit that the new Habanero flavor rocks though.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                          pop rocks were cool

I thought it would be funny to chase a mouthful of these with soda

my teeth hurt for days
                          Pop rocks seem to make a comeback every 10 years or so. What probably happens is that each generation of kids starts eating them, then the urban legends resurface about exploding stomachs and all that, the parents panic, and the sales slump again.

Incidentally, Pop Rocks were invented by accident. What the company was actually trying to make was a mix for instant soda pop, which is why there's carbon dioxide within the candy itself. That plan failed, so in stead they marketed the stuff as candy. And the rest is legendary.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I remember this, and I loved it...

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And Nintendo cereal...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Last time I was in Dallas they had Taco Doritos.

Popeye's onion rings...damn, I miss those.
                                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...