X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

eh, not exactly the best opening.

but i did like bauer's lost-boys moment. plus, i liked the possiblity that he's gone soft. hopefully he'll struggle through this for a few hours and then just completely snap.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

I'm gonna try it...

Damn it, Poj, you'd better be right!

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wonder if it's just a coincidence that President Palmer II's chief of staff (or whatever he is) looks a lot like that snivelling little PNAC bitch Bill Kristol?

Acts a lot like him too......
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

He didn't snap last night when he drilled Curtis in the throat!

"Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas"
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Poor Curtis..... I had a feeling he was going to buy the farm by the end of the episode.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I would like to know how the Hell Jack avoids radiation sickness though. He had to have been within a few miles of that nuke.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                He didn't snap last night when he drilled Curtis in the throat!

"Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas"
                nah, dude, i'm talking about a massive killing spree snap. you know, he's all concerned he might've lost his nerve, pussy-foots around for a bit and then when he gets pushed just a bit too far, it's body bag count for the bad guys.

and FORD, i don't think a 1 kiloton blast has that much immediate radiation. as long as you're not right near ground zero, you'll avoid most of the initial radition. and the radioactive fallout will probably only hit a few square miles, and even that will take a prolonged exposure to do any real damage.

in short, i think jack will be fine. well, that's fine until he snaps...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                  in short, i think jack will be fine. well, that's fine until he snaps...

1. If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

2. Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

3. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

4. If you send someone to kill Jack Bauer, the only thing you accomplish is supplying him a fresh set of weapons to kill you with.

5.Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days time. Wait, that is a real fact.

6.Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

7. Jack Bauer got Hellen Keller to talk.

8. 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

9. Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

10. In grade school, a little boy punched Kimberly Bauer, and Kimberly ran home to tell her dad. That little boy's name? Stephen Hawking.

11. Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

12. Every time the cops get an APB to arrest Jack Bauer, half the department mysteriously calls out sick. The fire department too, just in case.

13. Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

14. Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

15. If Jack says "I just want to talk to him/her" and that him/her is you... well amigo, you're fucked.

16. Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

17. Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

18. When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

19. Jack Bauer does not need eyes, he can smell a terrorist 15 miles away, and can hear the fear in their heads from 2 miles away.

20. Jack Bauer does not sleep. The only rest he needs is what he gets when he's knocked out or temporarily killed.

21. Losing a colleague or loved one for Jack Bauer is comparable to the feeling of missing the elevator for most people.

22. When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.

23. After torturing Copernicus, Jack Bauer got him to admit that the solar system revolved not around the sun, but around his gigantic balls.

24. If you get 7 stars on your wanted level on Grand Theft Auto, Jack Bauer comes after you. You don't want to get 7 stars.

25. If you are still conscious, it is because Jack Bauer doesn't want to carry you.

26. Jack Bauer's family threw him a surprise birthday party when he was a child. Once.

27. In kindergarten, Jack Bauer killed a terrorist for Show and Tell.

28. As a child, Jack Bauer's first words were "There's no time!"

29. Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.

30. Jack Bauer literally died for his country, and lived to tell about it.

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2003

2. Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

3. If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

4. If you send someone to kill Jack Bauer, the only thing you accomplish is supplying him a fresh set of weapons to kill you with.

6.Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

10. In grade school, a little boy punched Kimberly Bauer, and Kimberly ran home to tell her dad. That little boy's name? Stephen Hawking.

11. Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

12. Every time the cops get an APB to arrest Jack Bauer, half the department mysteriously calls out sick. The fire department too, just in case.

14. Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

15. If Jack says "I just want to talk to him/her" and that him/her is you... well amigo, you're fucked.

16. Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

19. Jack Bauer does not need eyes, he can smell a terrorist 15 miles away, and can hear the fear in their heads from 2 miles away.

20. Jack Bauer does not sleep. The only rest he needs is what he gets when he's knocked out or temporarily killed.

21. Losing a colleague or loved one for Jack Bauer is comparable to the feeling of missing the elevator for most people.

22. When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer fucking hates lemonade.

23. After torturing Copernicus, Jack Bauer got him to admit that the solar system revolved not around the sun, but around his gigantic balls.

24. If you get 7 stars on your wanted level on Grand Theft Auto, Jack Bauer comes after you. You don't want to get 7 stars.

25. If you are still conscious, it is because Jack Bauer doesn't want to carry you.

26. Jack Bauer's family threw him a surprise birthday party when he was a child. Once.

29. Jesus died and rose from the dead in 3 days. It took Jack Bauer less than an hour. And he's done it twice.

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
                      Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

It's all right...Jack MIGHT spare you!

Comment

• amadeus
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2004

I don't think Curtis is dead. I know, we aren't stupid and it looked 'plain as day' that he was but why wouldn't anyone even attempt to try and do something. I think it was just a way to make Assad trust Jack a little more since Curtis made it clear to Assad that he remembered what he had done to his troops, Assad may not be as helpful unless he thought Curtis was 'dead'. Jack will come back around and once Assad is no longer useful, Jack will turn on him and we will see Curtis back.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

There's no doubt that Jack will take Assad out...BUT

"9:53 A.M.
                          Jack finds Curtis outside with his gun held up to Assad’s forehead. Jack tells him to put down his weapon by order of the President. Curtis refuses. Jack says that he gave Assad his word that he would protect him. As Curtis keeps his gun trained, Jack begs him to stop. “I can’t let this animal live,” Curtis says. Jack shoots Curtis in the neck and the TAC members shuffle Assad to safety.

9:55 A.M.
                          Jack drops his gun and raises his hands in a gesture not of surrender but of despair at Curtis’s death. Jack walks away in tears. He vomits and falls to the ground.

9:56 A.M.
                          Buchanan calls Jack after hearing what happened and tries to bolster his spirits. “Tell the President I’m sorry,” Jack says. “I can’t do this anymore.” Buchanan beseeches him to continue with the mission because he is needed. Jack says he is done and hangs up. He continues sobbing."

That's listed on the official website.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

That was pretty funny!

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's no doubt that Jack will take Assad out...BUT

"9:53 A.M.
                              Jack finds Curtis outside with his gun held up to Assad’s forehead. Jack tells him to put down his weapon by order of the President. Curtis refuses. Jack says that he gave Assad his word that he would protect him. As Curtis keeps his gun trained, Jack begs him to stop. “I can’t let this animal live,” Curtis says. Jack shoots Curtis in the neck and the TAC members shuffle Assad to safety.

9:55 A.M.
                              Jack drops his gun and raises his hands in a gesture not of surrender but of despair at Curtis’s death. Jack walks away in tears. He vomits and falls to the ground.

9:56 A.M.
                              Buchanan calls Jack after hearing what happened and tries to bolster his spirits. “Tell the President I’m sorry,” Jack says. “I can’t do this anymore.” Buchanan beseeches him to continue with the mission because he is needed. Jack says he is done and hangs up. He continues sobbing."

That's listed on the official website.
                              So Jack believes he killed Curtis, and is literally sick about it. But that still doesn't mean he has to be dead. It was one bullet in the neck, and since it wasn't a huge pool of blood, one wouldn't think the carotid artery was severed. Only other possibility was if a bullet was lodged in his windpipe causing asphyxiation.

And if that was the case, I'm sure that someone there knew how to do an emergency tracheotomy. That's basic first aid training, which I'm sure all of CTU (like any government employees) are required to know.

I wouldn't be surprised if the return of Curtis becomes a plot twist at the end of the day. In fact, the bigger twist would be him saving Jack's ass from Assad, should that become necessary as some have suggested it might.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                I would like to know how the Hell Jack avoids radiation sickness though. He had to have been within a few miles of that nuke.
                                He looked like the singer for Nickelback when he walked off the plane. Funny thing is, those were probably thumb cuffs around his wrists!

Comment

Working...