X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Maybe I'm being dumb here but I really don't understand this blame the Jews for killing Christ superstition on a number of levels.

I think the most silly thing about it is 'God sent his only son to die for our sins'.

So say I'm a Pharisee. I turn around and say 'Let him go he's just another religious nut, not a shortage of them around here.'

I've defied God. I've fucked up the whole gig. Humanity is not saved(read millions murdered but lets skip that.)

If you go with the myth then Judas is the man. He's the guy who did what he was meant to whilst Pete was denying cock all over the place.

Judas sacrifices himself to damnation whilst the Jesus dude goes back up to heaven after a few hours of misery.
    Not so much Judas; He played a role that was set forth unknowingly for him. The Pharisees were the ones pissed that this no-name (in their eyes) was taking political power away from them and got this train in motion. They wanted to get rid of him and fast. All Judas really did was point him out in a primitive line-up type situation.

And the Pharisees would never had said he was another religious nut and let Him go because He was getting a huge following. He was preaching against them and they feared political reprecussions because so many people did listen to Him.

Religion had nothing really to do with what went down. It was a political assassination when you sit down and think about it. The religion part comes along with what you decide to believe and accept about the guy.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      Excellent post as usual, Sesh...(didn't wanna recopy the whole thing). Ally could probably answer that far better than I these days, but something about the 'Chosen' people dissing their savior an' all.....they got (supposedly) permanently put on God's 'Shit-List'....unless of course they - to quote the fundamentalists- 'accept the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior'.
      I honestly couldn't tell anyone where the sentiment came from. I haven't come across it in the Catholic community I deal with. My parish is actually pretty cool with the Jewish faith. We were taught along the principle that Jesus was Jewish and that was reason enough to learn about and respect the Jewish faith.

I know a lot of Protestant denominations, mostly in the South, that are strong on hating on the Jewish. And I suspect, too, that it's probably the whole accept Jesus as the Son of God part in the New Testament that causes it.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<embed allowScriptAccess="never" width="448" height="365" src="http://www.ifilm.com/efp" quality="high" bgcolor="000000" name="efp" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="flvbaseclip=2761514" />
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

LOL!

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
            Not so much Judas; He played a role that was set forth unknowingly for him. The Pharisees were the ones pissed that this no-name (in their eyes) was taking political power away from them and got this train in motion. They wanted to get rid of him and fast. All Judas really did was point him out in a primitive line-up type situation.

And the Pharisees would never had said he was another religious nut and let Him go because He was getting a huge following. He was preaching against them and they feared political reprecussions because so many people did listen to Him.

Religion had nothing really to do with what went down. It was a political assassination when you sit down and think about it. The religion part comes along with what you decide to believe and accept about the guy.
            If all this were true then it's very odd that there is no reference to him or his huge following in contemporary texts.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              If all this were true then it's very odd that there is no reference to him or his huge following in contemporary texts.
              Eh, maybe a little odd but remember -- the Romans could have gave a shit less about keeping the memory of Him alive, so they aren't going to write about Him. To the Romans he was another rabbi/religious nut. They also weren't going to start documenting Him because after Christ's death and with the spread of Christianity, they saw it as a threat and thought the Roman gods would get pissed off and start punishing them. So you have a lot of lion feeding and other punishments that are documented. And with the Jews, it was the Pharisees with the pull in the community who really cared and they weren't going to sit around and have Him documented because they viewed the beliefs as threats to their power; They wanted Him to go away and be forgotten.

And it wasn't like Jesus was hanging out with publishers or officials of the state. He was hanging around with the poor, fishermen, tax collectors, and the every day man. Those that were literate worked on writing scriptures, others preached and traveled. Ya know, grassroots movement type stuff.
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...