X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
    Overall, this is just another sad story of someone who was deceived by the father of all lies. What is the lie? Believing in yourself and not god. There is an old saying... "If it looks to GOOD to be true, it probably isn't!" That slogan also implies to all of us who would rather be decieved by THE LIE, rather than the truth! I am so thankful that I am no longer fooled like the multitudes of people who think short term... rather than long term. Everything satan uses to make us believe in this LIE only makes us feel good for the short term... to fill in the void... that only GOD can fill.

Some people fill in that void with Drugs like Cocaine etc etc... but after the short HIGH and euphoria is over.... you then become a slave to this drug and your life becomes ruined... then same goes for alcohol... and any other device satan uses to pull you away from god.... after the BUZZ is over you are still SAD and left with the guilt! Some people misuse sexual immorality as a drug... but those people are not using sex the way god intented it to be... and that is between man and wife... and the two become one flesh. If you really wanna be screwed up in the head and have a deprived mind.... practice this! It's easy to go a bar.... pick up a woman... go home and bang her... but in the end you are left feeling empty inside... why? Because your misusing the tool the way god intended it... god knows how sex should be used... HE FREAKIN' CREATED IT!!!

Don't be a fool, and believe into the LIE which is satan.
    Believe in the truth... which is the lord Jesus Christ!
    Accept him into your hearts...
    It's the only way to find true happiness...
    Forget your money... cars... jewelry.... it is all meaningless...
    And turn to the lving god who loves you!!
    Hmmm...

Very nice WARF...

Sad situation...

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Hmmm...

Very nice WARF...

Sad situation...
      This is just sad man...
      Look at Eddie Van Halen dude...
      He's a miserable human being...
      His whole life could be turned around in less than a minute...
      But nobody wants to hear the truth...
      And it's gettin' me freakin' mad dude.... lol
      Do you think Eddie would be lonely and bitter... and unhappy...
      If he turned to god?
      Have you ever seen a TRUE CHRISTIAN unhappy???
      Why are all these Rock Stars overdosing on drugs???
      Why are all these bands pissed off and angry???
      The solution is right in front of them....
      But people refuse to listen to the truth...
      Come out of the darkness...
      And into the light....
      Wake up people lol....

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

The choice is yours.... life with god... or life with satan....
        .....as he listens to Runnin' With The Devil
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• perilousepete
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2007

a agree 100% with everything warf has said. if i didn't believe in Jesus, i totally would feel empty inside and would probably be depressed and do drugs and shit because i wouldn't feel like i had anything to live for. but i know that when i die, everything will be perfect.
          http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
            .....as he listens to Runnin' With The Devil
            I also listen to "Sinner's Swing" lol

Comment

• perilousepete
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2007

sinner's swing is one of my favs by them actually haha

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                Head Fluffer
                • Nov 2004

THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS ARE BIGGER SCAMMERS THAN POLITICIANS ...... ITS ALL BASED AROUND FEAR AND POWER .............LOVA YA ANNA NICOLE !!

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by perilousepete
                  sinner's swing is one of my favs by them actually haha
                  The whole Fair Warning album is flawless. I like the dark & Gritty tone of Ed's guitar.... most of the guitar work was recorded by Ed at 3 AM... when the rest of the band was sleepin'... it's by far the best Van Halen album... and if I may be so bold.... the greatest rock album of all time!!!

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                    THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS ARE BIGGER SCAMMERS THAN POLITICIANS ...... ITS ALL BASED AROUND FEAR AND POWER .............LOVA YA ANNA NICOLE !!
                    Who cares?? lol
                    Jesus said himself, "They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

So I agree alot of them are full of crap.... they use the word of god... to promote wealth and power!!!

But I belong to a church that preaches the WORD.

Don't worry about what the hypocrites say...
                    Just read the WORD...
                    I challenge anyone to read the BOOK OF JOHN...
                    And tell me that the word is not perfect....
                    Open up your heart dude!

Comment

• perilousepete
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2007

he recorded most of it at 3 am? that's pretty interesting....goes to show it pays to stay up late :-) although it's not my fav album of vh it is unquestionbly a great album and the guitar work on mean streets is soooo sick. not sure why sinner's swing and so this is love weren't more popular because they are both amazing songs that should've been big hits imo.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Nov 2004

HEY WARF ............ MY FATHERS IS A JEHOVAH"S WITTNESS ,OK HAS BEEN ONE FOR OVER 30 YEARS ..... IVE STUDIED THE BIBLE BEFORE ,I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT .............. IVE SEEN THE GOOD ,THE BAD ,AND THE UGLY IN RELIGIONS TODAY ..... IN MY OPINION ,THIER ALL FULL OF SHIT ........THEY SAY 1 THING DO ANOTHER .... THIER ACTUALLY WORSE THAN POLTICIANS ...... HOLIER THAN THOUGH BULLSHIT ........ IF YOU WANNA LIVE YOUR LIFE AS A CHRISTIAN GREAT FOR YOU ..... BUT I GOT NEWS FOR YOU 1 DAY YOUR GONNA DIE AND GO BACK INTO THE GROUND ..... JUST LIKE EVERY PERSON WHO EVER LIVED ON THIS EARTH ..... YOUR GONNA DIE ...... SORRY ,THIS THREAD STARTED OUT ABOUT ANNA NICOLE ...... STILL LOVE YOU ANNA NICOLE

Comment

• perilousepete
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2007

jehovah's wittnesses twist everything up. they take christianity and make it to their own belief system which isn't christianity. no wonder you got a bad taste in your mouth for it.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

The band's friction was starting to heat up around the time of Fair Warning.... Eddie was just recently married... Valerie Yokonelli was starting to influence Ed over the band.... which is her Italian right... lol.... My mom is Italian too... and I know... when she talks.... you better just shut up and listen! Anyways, I think Ed used to create the riffs away from Dave... cuz of the band friction.

That eventually paved the way to David Lee Roth;s first solo album, "Diver Down".
                            This is where the band really seems to be at odds.
                            Ed was completely pissed off at some of the covers, and recorded the intro "Intruder" to Pretty Woman.... to get his five cents in.... and as you can see it barely fits in.... but it's one helluva solo!
                            Eddie still compltely disses "Diver Down" to this day... which is a shame... considering it showcases his fathers' talents on BIG BAD BILL... you would think it would be one of Ed's more personal albums.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Nov 2004

GO ASK EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES IN A GOD .... THE CHRISTIANS ..... THE MUSLIMS SAY ALLAH ...... THE BUDHIST .......MORE PEOPLE HAVE DIED IN WARS IN THE NAME OF GOD OR FOR THIER GOD THAN ANYTHING ELSE ..... ITS DISGUSTS ME ..................

Comment

• perilousepete
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2007

yeah, but i mean if i was ed i'd be pissed too. like he said, it wasn't really "van halen" they were playin shit that just wasn't them. there's only a few songs i like on it, plus it's only a half hour long. love how it ends though, they sound so sweet singin accapella and it shows that they were all about having a good time and didn't take everything so seriously.

Comment

Working...