• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluemustard
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

I saw the eclipse.
    I wanted to film it but was to dark.
    I did make a timelapse of the clouds a couple of hours before it happened at 20 frames a minute.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKqTcdfrk3o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKqTcdfrk3o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
      If Jesus said anything on that subject, He probably would have been referring to the major stuff like Moses and the prophets. not minor details which again the people of 2000 years ago were in no better position to question than those around in Moses' time.
      Jesus believed that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, the veritable Word of God. He said, "The Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). He referred to Scripture as "the commandment of God" (Matthew 15:3) and as the "Word of God" (Matthew 15:6). He also indicated that it was indestructible: "Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished" (Matthew 5:18). Notice that he mentions even the words and letters!

When dealing with the people of His day, whether it was with the disciples or religious rulers, Jesus constantly referred to the Old Testament: "Have you not read that which was spoken to you by God?" (Matthew 22:31); "Yea; and have you never read, 'Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babes thou hast prepared praise for thyself'?" (Matthew 21:16, citing Psalm 8:2); and "Have you not read what David did?" (Matthew 12:3). Examples could be multiplied to demonstrate that Jesus was conversant with the Old Testament and its content. He quoted from it often and He trusted it totally.

He confirmed many of the accounts in the Old Testament, such as the destruction of Sodom and the death of Lot's wife (Luke 17:29, 32), the murder of Abel by his brother Cain (Luke 11:51), the calling of Moses (Mark 12:26), the manna given in the wilderness (John 6:31-51), the judgment upon Tyre and Sidon (Matthew 1-1:21), and many others.

Not only did Jesus confirm the historicity of these accounts, He also authenticated some of the passages that are most disputed today. Many modern scholars do not believe that Moses wrote the first five books of the Old Testament, but Jesus did (see Matthew 19:8, 9; John 7:19; Mark 12:29-31).
      Some modern scholars also assume the existence of more than one Isaiah, but Jesus believed in only one. In Luke 4:17-21, He cites Isaiah 61:1, 2 (the so-called second Isaiah or Deutero-Isaiah) while in Matthew 15:7-9 He refers to the first part of Isaiah's work (Isaiah 6:9) without the slightest hint of more than one author.

The account of Daniel is rejected today by many as actually coming from the pen of Daniel, but the Lord Jesus believed him to be a prophet (Matthew 24:15). The account of Adam and Eve often is ridiculed today as legend, but Jesus believed the story to be true (Matthew 19:1-6).

Likewise, the narrative of Noah and the great flood not only is authenticated by Jesus (Matthew 24:37), it also is used as an example of His second coming. Finally, the most unbelievable of all-the account of Jonah and the great fish-is used by Jesus as a sign of His resurrection (Matthew 12:39ff).

It almost seems as though Jesus was anticipating 20th century biblical criticism when He authenticated these accounts. The con-clusion is simple. If a person believes in Jesus Christ, he should be consistent and believe that the Old Testament and its accounts are correct. Many want to accept Jesus, but also want to reject a large portion of the Old Testament. This option is not available. Either Jesus knew what He was talking about or He did not. The evidence is clear that Jesus saw the Old Testament as being God's Word; His attitude toward it was nothing less than total trust.

Time to get rid of those superstitions, it's the 21st century!

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

For some reason I didn't bother to read the title correctly.

This is about that Bonnie Tyler song, right?

(And fer chrissakes, cut the religion bullshit, will ya? I'm gettin' a fucking migraine over here...)
        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• katie
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by WARF
          That was the same red glow I saw, when I was slappin' your ass from the back DOGGYSTYLE!!!
          Grow up WARF you are a mod.
          Act you age and not your dick size.

katie
          x

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

That was the same red glow I saw, when I was slappin' your ass from the back DOGGYSTYLE!!!
            Hope ya wore a noseplug .
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
              For some reason I didn't bother to read the title correctly.

This is about that Bonnie Tyler song, right?
              <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIKk80Zl4zs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIKk80Zl4zs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIKk80Zl4zs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIKk80Zl4zs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                NOOOOOOO !!!
                :eek: :eek: :eek:
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                  Grow up WARF you are a mod.
                  Act you age and not your dick size.

katie
                  x
                  What if my dick size is bigger than my age?

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

What if my dick size is bigger than my age?
                    uhuhuhuhuhuhuh
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...