X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Oh come on Lounge, it's hardly a Sam/Dave debate. As FORD pointed out, the intent was to cause some sort of trouble and now it seems to be working.

Seriously, yes indeed it's sad when anyone loses someone. We all understand that. However, how old is Hagar? In his sixties? That would've more than likely made his mother at least in her 80's. Odds are she lived a full and decent life. Nobody's mocking that. I'm also assuming she passed of natural age related causes?

However, it's pretty safe to assume that the author was hoping to get folks to talk crap.

I merely pointed out that such a thread hardly belongs in Main on this site and I'm correct. Had I not said anything, I'll bet it would've gotten ugly really fast. Besides that, most threads about someone's passing always go in Non and always have.

Again, I still believe that the intention of this thread was to start crap. This is a David Lee Roth/Classic Van Halen site and Sammy Hagar's mother's unfortunate passing has neither to do with either.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Steve Savicki
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX This is a David Lee Roth/Classic Van Halen site and Sammy Hagar's mother's unfortunate passing has neither to do with either.
      ---> House of Music since any other musical artist besides Roth/CVH is to be discussed there.
      sigpic

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
        Seriously, yes indeed it's sad when anyone loses someone. We all understand that. However, how old is Hagar? In his sixties? That would've more than likely made his mother at least in her 80's. Odds are she lived a full and decent life.
        Exactly. Some people aren't that lucky.

I don't even recall having a thread about when Ed's mom died. I saw that mentioned within a recent thread and went, "oh really?"

It really shows you the mindset that someone would try to use this to stir trouble.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
          Groupie
          • Dec 2005

Very sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was trying to stir trouble by my post. Lounge had my intent right: I was just passing on some VH related news.

I HATED Spam in VH. I'm a "Dave or the grave" type of VH fan. Without Dave, Van Halen simply doesn't exist.

Again, my apologies...but don't call me a fuckin' Hagar fan, cuz I'm NOT! LOL

Comment

• Panamas MStreet
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Mar 2007

it sucks that she died, but, im not losing any sleep over it.
            here from CVH, VHR.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Sorry to hear your mom died Sammy. Even when you are an adult and your mom is old, it's still hard to lose a parent.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
                Very sorry if I gave anyone the impression that I was trying to stir trouble by my post. Lounge had my intent right: I was just passing on some VH related news.

I HATED Spam in VH. I'm a "Dave or the grave" type of VH fan. Without Dave, Van Halen simply doesn't exist.

Again, my apologies...but don't call me a fuckin' Hagar fan, cuz I'm NOT! LOL
                Hey, then my apologies for insinuating that was your intention if it infact wasn't.

I just was stating the obvious. Most threads regarding the recently departed are usually posted in Non. It's no secret that The Army has a reputation for poking a little fun at someone else's expense. Naturally, I assumed that if someone were posting the passing of Mrs. Hagar, it was probably some sheep from over yonder trying to get some sort if bad joke so they could post it down the street and say what miserable creeps we are.

Anyway and as Ally just stated, I don't recall any big deal nor a thread devoted to the late Mother Van Halen when she recently passed? Therefore, the news regarding Mrs. Hagar seemed extremely out of place on a website that has a Sammy Hagar random insult generator on it's homepage.

Again, we already know to whom this site is devoted. Putting any "Sammy" thread in the Main forum is like drenching oneself in brown gravy and locking themself in a small closet with a wolverine high on angel dust. Hence and odds are that someone's going to get bitten. :eek:
                EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  Someody who was in VAN HALEN for 15 years lost a parent.
                  Sam was in the band for 15 years???

No. Not that long. (1985-1996, 11 years)

and 2004 I guess.

But all due respect to Sambo, losing a parent or any relative is a great loss.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Condolences, might not like the man but I'll not wish anyone dead...
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

It's sad when anyone dies:
                      It is sad for the people left and not sad for the person that died. We are all one day closer to it.
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                        Groupie
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                        Hey, then my apologies for insinuating that was your intention if it infact wasn't.

I just was stating the obvious. Most threads regarding the recently departed are usually posted in Non. It's no secret that The Army has a reputation for poking a little fun at someone else's expense. Naturally, I assumed that if someone were posting the passing of Mrs. Hagar, it was probably some sheep from over yonder trying to get some sort if bad joke so they could post it down the street and say what miserable creeps we are.

Anyway and as Ally just stated, I don't recall any big deal nor a thread devoted to the late Mother Van Halen when she recently passed? Therefore, the news regarding Mrs. Hagar seemed extremely out of place on a website that has a Sammy Hagar random insult generator on it's homepage.

Again, we already know to whom this site is devoted. Putting any "Sammy" thread in the Main forum is like drenching oneself in brown gravy and locking themself in a small closet with a wolverine high on angel dust. Hence and odds are that someone's going to get bitten. :eek:
                        Your points are well taken, Max. Being a noob, it looks like I made a noob mistake.
                        The manner in which you replied is much appreciated, and I loved the gravy analogy! LOL Thanks very much!

Comment

• MAX
                          Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
                          Your points are well taken, Max. Being a noob, it looks like I made a noob mistake.
                          The manner in which you replied is much appreciated, and I loved the gravy analogy! LOL Thanks very much!
                          I didn't even notice that you were new here?

Anyway, the whole thing's a no harm and no foul deal.

Welcome to The Mighty David Lee Roth Army!!!

Hey, since you have "guitar" in your title, is it safe of me to assume that you're a fellow guitarist? If so, we'll definitely cross paths in the gear forum.
                          EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
                            Groupie
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by MAX
                            I didn't even notice that you were new here?

Anyway, the whole thing's a no harm and no foul deal.

Welcome to The Mighty David Lee Roth Army!!!

Hey, since you have "guitar" in your title, is it safe of me to assume that you're a fellow guitarist? If so, we'll definitely cross paths in the gear forum.
                            Thanks for the welcome, man! Yeah, I'm a noob. I play guitar, and I also do product development in the musical instrument business. I headed up the B-52 AT-100 tube amp project. One of the guys we hired to engineer that amp series is Dave Friedman of Rack Systems, who does a lot of amp work for EVH. I've got some pics of me testing out the prototype amp with a Wolfgang that Ed used to use...and a pic of one of Ed's Marshall's that Dave was tweaking at the time. Ed gave it to Dave Friedman as a "thank you" gift.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Too bad Spam's mom died.

But on the other hand, too bad she was alive to begin with.

If Spam had never been born, we may never have seen such bullshit come out of the sistaz over the past 20 years as we have.

Comment

• Julius
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

What's the deal with the drama in this thread?

I'm sorry about Sammy's mom. Let's get that straight right out of the box.

But the new guy started a new thread about something which had been covered in other threads, so rather than tell him to fuck off to Links Land... I posted random bullshit. That's my style.

If anyone was offended by anything posted in this thread... fuck you.

Remember... this is the Roth Army. The squeemish need not apply for membership. If you're looking for a group hug, direct your browser to VH Links.

Comment

Working...