Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

The whole idea of it being just a thread is a "back to basics" ploy...plus, The Pen is on, what? Nearly 600 pages now? Thats got be kept, even if its just for prospeity. Although, you're probably right, it would die as a thread as well. Unless some real sheep come along, which seems doubtful.

I didn't say that lack of ideas was the only problem, I was just refering to what you said about "if you have any ideas..."...there's a helluva lot of problems.

A CHA CHA...thats a phrase I haven't seen around here for a while...
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Reverberator
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      The problem wasn't just that there were no ideas...

Obviously, the footsteps shit didn't help. It was a concerted effort to fuck the Pen up. It was kinda pathetic to attack from the side instead of head on. But it killed the spirit of the old crew...or at least some of 'em. I stayed on for a couple of months and then left the site cuz I was bored of the site.

This is so very interesting that this criticism of the Pen by a few old-timers and other names at the site has turned into this bitter OLD vs. the NEW. I didn't even realize how personally some of you took the Pen.

I didn't even reclaim the fucker, in so many words. I just stated that it sucks now. Don't even blame one particular name, though I can think of at least one old-timer that never had any creative juices to get any fucking thing going in the entire history, but hey...a cha cha cha, huh? But that's hardly blame-worthy.

SHAUN, the thread would be as dead as the forum. If it's just a thread, who will read the fucker? It's stuck on one topic and other topics can't be found. The thread is a thread...mostly quick jokes now. If it ain't a forum, why even have the thread? That sure won't be the Pen anymore.

Thing is, I really don't care enough at this point. I didn't point anything out to take the Pen back...I did it to point out that at least a majority of the site see it as a dying joke.

But if anyone has any creative ideas for it exiting (beyond it being a fucking thread), then go for it.

And remember this: not one fucking person has stated who is or isn't in the current Pen and who can't make it good. And the only person I've kicked out since getting back here is PUSSY, and only because I can't understand why the hell he was invited in the first place.
      You know , this is what it's all about.

There isn't that many really creative peeps around these parts , and some will rip off or try to be like certain posters , hey , that's good if you can rip off and improve , but it dosn't happen.

Look at the facts......a lot of my shit ( and others) has been used and is now standard Rotharmy speak and that's cool . but it needs new input and sadly no one can provide it.

The Sheep Pen was great , so good that I made it the origional day out , my idea again !! , there was good shit going on in the dump and pen until everyone got bored with unfunny shite , and posters who were unfunny and shite .

My take on it , fack orf.
      Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
      the chazzers are so lucky
      so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Steve Savicki
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk I didn't point anything out to take the Pen back
        There's a grey area here- The Pen can be put on hiatus which mean shut down temporarily... and then be reinstated. I'm sure the webbies could do this. Remove The Pen... let people's minds refresh and then when a Penner comes up with something original, reopen it (isn't that process called archiving or some such?)

I like Bob's idea of a movie forum in which I don't know if television should be included and in a different forum. If that becomes the new direction of The Pen, may as well keep all the old threads as well.
        sigpic

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

REV and STEVE both make good points.

I'll state it this way...if we had a creative team, no jokes, a reason for existing, and a good amount of time...I'd be happy to get the forum going again. I would never want it to be a DUMP-lite. The DUMP is its own brilliant creation...it doesn't need replicating.

When I got back here, I saw not one thing that BOB did that was unique or hilarious. I think there was some great style in some of the posters...but it turned into pages of pic threads and dump-ish threads. Nobody's fault...

But if there were a good crew, a good program, a still dedicated program to fighting sheep and driving them out (they still pop up once in a while) and a take-no-prisoners attitude (and an organized forum with not 1000 fucking pic threads)...in other words, something readable for the whole site and not just to serve the small group that post in there...then great.

I'd be up for that.

The only thing I also have to say is that life has gotten pretty busy for me. It's 75% of why I signed off last year...and I can promise that I could never post as much as I used to. But if a good crew wanted to do carry some of the load and make it special again, then it would be a better legacy to leave it with then what it's become (and the fucking pussy-ass fight thread of which I'm partly responsible in Feedback).

If that were possible, and if we could clean up the forum as it is now...then fine. It can be done.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Dan
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

1 visitor in the last 15 minutes: 0 Members - 1 Guest - 0 Anonymous

LOL
              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

This is a very gay thread.
                Originally posted by Cato
                Golden, why are you FAT?
                Originally posted by lesfunk
                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Dan
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...