• Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    Now nothing is made solely in America.

Nor is it hardly metal.
    Spot on! My dad bought an AMC Hornet for my sisters to drive to high school. I was broke down more than it ran. What's funny is I had an AMC Jeep CJ7 for my first car and it never gave trouble. The inline 6 ran so smoothly that you couldn't tell it was on. I sure had some cold ass winters in it though.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
      Remember these?

A friend of mine had a Renault Le Car in high school. I was a cheesey piece of shit that the trim was constantly falling apart on but man would it go in the snow. It got us up the hill to the ski area on a day that was so bad weather wise, they closed the ski lift down so they could shovel it out!

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Lee Iakookoo displaying early ideas for the K-car. We had one....complete piece of shit.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Two words.....
          DEATH CAR !!!
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Pontiac ASStec, ugliest car ever made!

70's bomb on wheels, Ford Pinto

Comment

• MAX
              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              Remember these?
              LMAO!!!

Wanna hear something both embarrassing and funny? When I first bought WACF in 1982 (making myself eleven years old at the time) I thought the lyrics to "Take Your Whiskey Home" included the following verse...

"Well that LE CAR in the nightime brings back strange memories..."

Needless to say, it took me a couple more years to figure out that was not the case. Hahahaha!!!
              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I have two Land Rovers. A fully restored 1987 Range Rover Class and a Deffender that has seen some hard use. You are right, the Land Rover Discovery is shit and I never considered it worthy of the Land Rover badge. I also inherited my brother's Mercedes G Wagon when he passed away a few years ago. It's a nice off road vehicle as well.
                Sorry bro cos I wasn't putting down the brand at all. I was just speaking from my brother's terrible experience. I had a similar one with a '95 Jaguar XJ6 that I owned a decade ago. It was a beautiful car, it was soooo smooth and fast but that was the rare occasion when it wasn't in the fucking shop. No wonder their resale's so horrible.

Seriously, it seemed like everytime I'd just get something fixed, something new would break!!! Hence, I'll NEVER own another Jag.

Mine was exactly like this except black. Biggest piece of shit.

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  Sorry bro cos I wasn't putting down the brand at all. I was just speaking from my brother's terrible experience. I had a similar one with a '95 Jaguar XJ6 that I owned a decade ago. It was a beautiful car, it was soooo smooth and fast but that was the rare occasion when it wasn't in the fucking shop. No wonder their resale's so horrible.

Seriously, it seemed like everytime I'd just get something fixed, something new would break!!! Hence, I'll NEVER own another Jag.

Mine was exactly like this except black. Biggest piece of shit.

The quality control on British cars is deffinately hit and miss. I wrench on my own vehicles and I have a good friend in New England that fixes and restores Land Rovers, Jaguars, Rolls Royces, Lamborghiniis, and Ferraris. He also runs one of the few machine shops you are going to trust your expensive Euro aluminum engine block or heads to.

He knows his shit. I had some problems with the Rover's fuel injection system and he nailed the problem. It was a stuck valve on the overflow tank and you have to take the rear quarter panel off to get to it. Another problem on British cars is cold solder joints. Once you fix their shitty wiring problems and understand their crazy engineering, some of their cars are quite reliable.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I still think I have the best Range Rover made. It's on the military Series I frame which is massive. It has the trusty Rover 3.5 engine that just keeps going and going. Instead of a Borg Warner chain driven transfer case I have a Lucas transfers case that is all gears in a constant oil bath and who made the thing for Lucas was Rolls Royce. The running gear is military grade with the axles and differentials housed in welded steel housings. The whole exhaust system is stainless steel.

It's gets treated with Waxoyl every two years so the thing has Zero rust. I just had it repainted, and the seats reupolstered in green leather and the paint is British green. It drives tight like a new car even though it's an 87.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The Reliant K. LOL!
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Lee Iakookoo displaying early ideas for the K-car. We had one....complete piece of shit.

I get ya, but Iacocca in your picture is standing next to a Ford. The Reliant K was a Chrysler product. Anyways I worked for a company in upstate New York that had some in their fleet. We were comming back from a meeting in Canadaigua, New York and I was asleep and another dude was driving. The next thing I know is waking up and seeing corn flaying towards me. The fucker fell asleep at the wheel and we ended up flying through a corn field at highway speed. Damn it was noisey and corn flying everywhere! The car didn't flip but boy did it drive like shit after that. Everyone called it the corn car because it smelled like corn.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                        LMAO!!!

Wanna hear something both embarrassing and funny? When I first bought WACF in 1982 (making myself eleven years old at the time) I thought the lyrics to "Take Your Whiskey Home" included the following verse...

"Well that LE CAR in the nightime brings back strange memories..."

Needless to say, it took me a couple more years to figure out that was not the case. Hahahaha!!!
                        Nightime memories in a Le Car would be a challenge. No room to get laid in one but you could bend her over the hood and romp away.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I had a friend in high school that both his parents were like hippies and he was born in the same hippie commune that Piccabo Streets parents lived in. Anyways he dad was actually a mathmetical geniouse and taught math at the high school and his son drove an old VW microbus his parents had. LOL!

All I can say is the kid wasn't bad looking and he got more ass in that bus with deadhead stickers on that any of us got in our muscle cars.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2007

It's a tie between the AMC Pacer and the Gremlin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL My old man had a roving dome...

Comment

• tajmahal
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2007

Yugo

Pontiac Fiero - Plastick Piece of Crap.

Neon Hi Goodbye!