X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SparkieD
    Veteran
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jharp84
    I'm a real estate appraiser! I think I get the category, much longer marketing times if disclosed!!

Personally, I won't take listings that I know have problems that I cannot discuss. My time is worth more than that, and I haven't yet encountered a seller who will pay my commission up front. Plus, I'm an honest Realtor. I'd like to make sure I don't get sued. Most things we have to disclose. But the psychological stigma thing is a LAW, not something the local board of Realtors put together to make sure agents could unload properties. Real Estate law here is not pro-agent, it is for the protection of the public.
    Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jharp84
      Moved out of state, bought a home where the wife died! No one told us until after the closing, neighbor thinks husband killed her, needless to say, we are getting divorced after 3 years in home! Some bad vibes! No one(realtors, attorney's, etc.) will ever disclose shit about that up front!!
      The man that had built and owned my brother's first house previously, had gone out into the woods and shot himself not far from where they had lived. His widow never mentioned how her husband died and my brother only learned this after they'd been there a while. I don't recall any stories though...

Comment

• Hummarstra
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
        i pick the lock and pull the shower curtain and there is no one there. Freaky.
        Dude, that story gives me the fucking creeps! :eek:BTW, ever heard of the show "The Paracast"? Its a podcast show about paranormal stuff, mostly UFO but also a lot of ghost stuff. Great show. Check it out at theparacast.com.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Hummarstra
          Dude, that story gives me the fucking creeps! :eek:BTW, ever heard of the show "The Paracast"? Its a podcast show about paranormal stuff, mostly UFO but also a lot of ghost stuff. Great show. Check it out at theparacast.com.
          I had never heard of that before but will be sure to check it out. That story is one of many many things that happened in that house. Here is another one. The house was a cape cod with two bedrooms upstairs and two bedrooms downstairs. My wifes and my bedroom was on the 1st floor and our two girls bedrooms were upstairs. Within six months, both girls slept together across the hall from us on the 1st floor. They kept there stuff upstairs including clothes and they looked like normal bedrooms but they wouldn't go up there that much except to get ready for school in the morning and to get things as they needed them. One morning on a weekday my wife and girls are up and getting ready and I am still in bed half asleep and I here my oldest daughter let out a piercing scream that awakes me instantly. I jump out of bed and run into the kitchen where she is now standing and ask here what the heck is going on. She says go upstairs and look in my room. She had gone up to get ready for school and went down stairs to eat a bowl of cereal and when she went back upstairs, to finish getting ready, everyone of her dresser drawers was pulled half way out/open. Her closet door was open her doors on a computer cabinet were wide open and her cubby hole door on her wall was open. I went up and saw it and she said she was there 5 minutes earlier and not a single one of these doors/drawers including her closet door were open. There was a lot of activity upstairs, especially at night, but there was a shitload on the 1st floor where we all slept too. My wife awoke one night because she heard a loud banging noise across the hall where both our girls were sharing a bed together. She told me that she tried to wake me up but couldn't, no matter how hard she tried. She got out of bed and went into their room and turned on the light. She swears that the bed was shaking violently and the girls were being shook on the bed, but were still sleeping. She says as soon as she went to wake them up it stopped abruptly. I know stories like this sound like bullshit, but we are a happy normal family. We each have experienced a lot of different things together and seperatly.

Comment

• Hummarstra
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

TW, thanks for those stories. Man, that is wild. Did you ever at any point fear for your life? And is the haunting part and parcel why you moved out?

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Hummarstra
              TW, thanks for those stories. Man, that is wild. Did you ever at any point fear for your life? And is the haunting part and parcel why you moved out?
              I never feared for my life or the lives of my family. If that was the case, I would have moved out immediately. Heres the deal with the property. My wife and I had been looking for a home in 2002 and bought this home in August. I bid against 4 other people and actually payed $3000 more than the asking price to get it. We remodeled the house for 2 years while we lived there. Meanwhile, realestate pricing in Bethlehem Pennsylvania was going through the roof, so when my wife started in on me to move to Indianapolis, because her family lived there, I realised how much money we could make on the home. I originally scoffed at the idea of moving to Indiana. Turns out we made double what we paid for it, and moved to Indy where housing is much less expensive and built our dream home. We both got higher paying jobs, so the move turned out to be a great decision.

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                Bethlehem Pennsylvania
                Mezro...nice job escaping that pit...Bethlehem is no picnic...
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

I usually don't talk about this, but this thread kinda opened a can of worms and a lot of memories of those two years. The stuff that went on DID influence my decision to move somewhat. Most of the stuff that went on was annoying little things. I give a few more instances. The winter that we moved in, after we had really started to notice things happening, I was outside shoveling snow and asked my neighbor if anyone had died in our house. He laughed and asked me if it was haunted. I said, seriously, did anyone die inside. We had bought the home from a daughter, who was selling the house for her mom, who had just entered a nursing home. My next door said that the husband had just died inside the house of some sickness and his wife had just entered a nursing home. He said, come to think of it, their son died of some sickness, in the home about a year earlier. The son was about my age, late 30's. The house was built in 1964, but they had only owned it since 1978. I don't know about the 14 years prior to 78. Anyway, here's some shit that went on. The day we were moving in, my wife was in the basement and yelled upstairs for one of us to bring her the broom and dustpan. When nobody responded, she went upstairs and we had all left earlier to go pick up another load of furniture. She said she heard us walking around, so she thought we were all still there. A couple of months after we moved in, my wife and I were sleeping in bed. It was 2am and directly above our bed, in the room upstairs, we her this thunderous boom that made both of us jump out of our skin and awaken at the exact same time. Their were hardwood floors throughout the entire house, and the best way I could desribe the sound is if someone picked up a bowling ball above their head and slammed it down on the floor. About a month later, same exact time kinda the same scenario, except this time the whole house shook on its frame. It sounded like someone took a heavy heavy door on the extirior of the home and slammed it as hard as they could. Both times I checked the house for intruders, all lights on of course. Another time while we were sleeping I kept hearing footsteps walking around above our bedroom for some time. Not just creeking hardwood floors, but footsteps over and over again like someone pacing. This time I get up and even take a flashlight with me to check the cubby holes in both upstairs bedrooms to make sure that someone hadn't broken in through the garage and been sleeping or living in those spaces. No joke, I really thought I would see a homeless guy or something sleeping in cubby hole, because someone was fuckin walking around. This was before we fianlly understood what was going on. I did spend a little time, when the rest of my family wasn't their, going into each room and saying prayers. Let me just say, when you find yourself in a empty room talking to imaginary entities, it is a reality check. Now that line right their should go in someones signature. LOL my daughter was watching tv one day when the tv turned off by itself. When she turned it back on, it had switched from the channel it was on to crossing over with John Edwards. She called me at work when that happened. We would get these smells periodically that smelled like the worst fart you ever smelled. It would linger for about 30 seconds and disapeer. This would happen when you were by yourself or when people were in the other room. You could call someone in and they would smell the same thing. No we weren't playing the fat game. An outlet would work one day and the next day, no dice. Every electrician who checked the place out said every thing was 100%. We had a few different guests stay over night. Why not, the two bedrooms upstairs wee not being used. Always, the next morning we would ask them how they slept. Same response mostly. I had a heard time sleeping, it sounded like. That was how the senteces always started. People talking, people walking, doors closing etc etc. We never really said, yea, our place is haunted. There are a bunch of other things, but Iv'e already said more than enough for everyone to understand what was happening.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mezro
                    Mezro...nice job escaping that pit...Bethlehem is no picnic...
                    We lived in Bethlehem township which is a pretty nice area. Not compared to where we live now though. Yes, Im glad I moved though.

Comment

• Susie Q
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

I have been in three haunted houses so far. The first one I was only a few years old. My mother decided to have a seance because the lights went out during a storm and she had to entertain four kids. She put a flashlight in the center of us, did whatever, and one thing led to another. We had a fireplace mantel in the livingroom. It had these cone shaped horn things at each end, and candles in the center. While our eyes were shut we heard music from the 1700's, harpsichord piano type music, people talking, the dog started to howl (we had a beagle named snoopy), we opened up our eyes and we saw the curtains swaying, and then all of the sudden my sister let out this scream that sounded like a older woman. She was maybe...all of 7 years old or so. My mother freaked and stopped doing the seance. That's the first house experience. I will have to do separate postings for all three houses.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                      ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Susie Q
                        I have been in three haunted houses so far. The first one I was only a few years old. My mother decided to have a seance because the lights went out during a storm and she had to entertain four kids. She put a flashlight in the center of us, did whatever, and one thing led to another. We had a fireplace mantel in the livingroom. It had these cone shaped horn things at each end, and candles in the center. While our eyes were shut we heard music from the 1700's, harpsichord piano type music, people talking, the dog started to howl (we had a beagle named snoopy), we opened up our eyes and we saw the curtains swaying, and then all of the sudden my sister let out this scream that sounded like a older woman. She was maybe...all of 7 years old or so. My mother freaked and stopped doing the seance. That's the first house experience. I will have to do separate postings for all three houses.
                        Waiting for the next two Susie Q

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by SparkieD
                          This falls under the "psychological stigma" category....
                          As I walk into a house, I can totally feel if it's a happy home or not. There is this "aura" that surrounds you, when there is something wrong...

I would never buy a house, knowing that someone has been misstreated, beaten off or killed in it! :eek:
                          It's just bad vibes...
                          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                          Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                          Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                          [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                          Originally posted by VanHalener
                          ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                          Originally posted by FORD
                          ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777

I would never buy a house, knowing that someone has been misstreated, beaten off or killed in it! :eek:
                            It's just bad vibes...
                            You would have to buy new then. It's impossible to buy a used home that someone hasen't "beaten off" in it because everyone masturbates whether they want to admit it or not.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Susie Q
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Part two: Second House

We moved into this house when I was in first grade. It was a two family house that my parents were going to do over and make into a one family. My parents started to take down the old plaster walls upstairs while we lived downstairs in a three bedroom apartment. I'll never forget the layout of the house. When you look at it from the street, on the left was a single door that led into the downstairs apartment. On the right there was a set of double doors that led to another door that led into our apartment, and a staircase that led to the upstairs. All of our bedrooms were off of the livingroom. The two of us girls shared one room, the two boys shared a room, and then my parents had a room. Past the livingroom was the kitchen, small room off of the kitchen, the cellar doorway, and then the bathroom. There was a back porch that led to the back yard. Things started to happen just after the parents started to renovate the upstairs. (most noted spook people will tell you shit starts when you begin to renovate a place.) The energy was so charged into that place. Every picture we took back then had what some call " (It is also noted that if you live on a fault line, have limestone foundations, that seems to have some significance to have a higher paranormal activity). The first thing that happened was when I was asleep in my room I thought I seen my mother in the rocker recliner in the living room holding a baby. She had long dark hair just like my mother at the time. I asked her if I could hold and feed the baby. She didn't speak, but it was almost that I heard her in my mind say, "It's ok, go to bed." I turned to go back to bed, I looked back and she was gone. I woke up early that morning and asked my mother how come she didn't let me feed the baby. She said, "Susie, what are you talking about?" I said, "last night when I woke up." She said, "Susie, you must have been dreaming, go back to bed." The next thing that happened was when my mother and I were laying in my brothers bed on a sunday afternoon reading the newspaper and talking. My father was on the couch watching a ball game. The boys were outside playing. I have no idea where my sister was. At any rate, something told my mother to put the paper down and look up in the ceiling. She said to me, "Susie....do you see anything up on the ceiling that looks like numbers or pictures?" I looked up and said, "Yes Mommy! I see dates like 1874, a picture of a house with a picket fence, all which appeared to be 'water stains'. Just then she was told to look to her left, and we saw a woman on the wall holding a baby and crying. My brother Chuck came flying in to get a drink or something and my mother called out to him and said, "Chuckie, go get me a pencil and bring it in here would you please?" He came back in, threw it to her and went back outside. My mother traced the picture and sure enough it was as we had saw. We couldn't believe our eyes! A friend of my mothers called who happened to live across the street. Mom was freakin' out and told her to come over to check this thing out. We went back in the room, and ALL OF THE PENCIL MARKINGS AND THE PICTURE WAS GONE! It disappeared!! While living there we heard someone in a rocking chair upstairs rocking back and forth (the place was empty and gutted). ALL of us heard it, even my father who don't believe in all this stuff. My father got one of the boys baseball bats and opened up the one door and went to the bottom of the stairs. My mother, and all of us kids in tow. We kept hearing it as my father was screaming up the stairs that whoever it was better get the hell out of there. We get to the top of the stairs, dad uses the flashlight and shines it just above the last stair and all of the sudden the 'rocking noise' stopped. One of the last episodes and the clincher of us moving out of the house was this last episode. My mother loves to play the piano, but at this point only had one of those small table top organ things. This woman calls my mother (who she is friends with) and said look, I know of a hightop piano that is being given away. There are a few keys that don't work, but..what the hell, it's free. Do you want it? Mom said YAH! Well, it took like 3 men to move the piano in the house through the one door. It could get in the hallway, but not through the door. So they had to bring it in the other door. Mom gets it, plays it, it's fine. As days go by, Mom is drawn to the piano and plays a song that she has no idea what it was. She was almost in a trance like state. ALL OF THE KEYS WORKED! Her friend from across the street came over, she had no clue she was there. She startled my mother and said, "I never heard of such a beautiful piece, what was that?" Mom looked at her and said, "I have no clue!" She was actually scared, shut the shelf down over the keys and they went to work.
                              The next morning my mother thought there was something wrong, and said to herself that she was going to get rid of the piano. She called the friend who called her about taking the piano and told her what was going on. The friend said to her, "I have no clue what you are talking about, I never called you about some piano?!" She said, "Louise, yes you did! How else would I have known about the piano?!" She called the movers that moved the piano to our house. They have no record of ever picking up a piano and bringing anything to our address at the time. My mother was upset enough that she took the piano (It was on rollers), and what took 3 men to move in, and took my mother to push out into the hallway. Now remember....it couldn't GET through the door. Well, this time....it did.

That was the end of us living there. The lady that bought the house after we lived in it said she had weird shit going on there and had the house blessed, and has had nothing more go on.

The third house I'll talk about at the next posting. I am sure I will get the "Sarge, hey I wasn't listening" post right about now as this has become a novel. LOL!!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                              ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2003

Part two: Second House

We moved into this house when I was in first grade. It was a two family house that my parents were going to do over and make into a one family. My parents started to take down the old plaster walls upstairs while we lived downstairs in a three bedroom apartment. I'll never forget the layout of the house. When you look at it from the street, on the left was a single door that led into the downstairs apartment. On the right there was a set of double doors that led to another door that led into our apartment, and a staircase that led to the upstairs. All of our bedrooms were off of the livingroom. The two of us girls shared one room, the two boys shared a room, and then my parents had a room. Past the livingroom was the kitchen, small room off of the kitchen, the cellar doorway, and then the bathroom. There was a back porch that led to the back yard. Things started to happen just after the parents started to renovate the upstairs. (most noted spook people will tell you shit starts when you begin to renovate a place.) The energy was so charged into that place. Every picture we took back then had what some call " (It is also noted that if you live on a fault line, have limestone foundations, that seems to have some significance to have a higher paranormal activity). The first thing that happened was when I was asleep in my room I thought I seen my mother in the rocker recliner in the living room holding a baby. She had long dark hair just like my mother at the time. I asked her if I could hold and feed the baby. She didn't speak, but it was almost that I heard her in my mind say, "It's ok, go to bed." I turned to go back to bed, I looked back and she was gone. I woke up early that morning and asked my mother how come she didn't let me feed the baby. She said, "Susie, what are you talking about?" I said, "last night when I woke up." She said, "Susie, you must have been dreaming, go back to bed." The next thing that happened was when my mother and I were laying in my brothers bed on a sunday afternoon reading the newspaper and talking. My father was on the couch watching a ball game. The boys were outside playing. I have no idea where my sister was. At any rate, something told my mother to put the paper down and look up in the ceiling. She said to me, "Susie....do you see anything up on the ceiling that looks like numbers or pictures?" I looked up and said, "Yes Mommy! I see dates like 1874, a picture of a house with a picket fence, all which appeared to be 'water stains'. Just then she was told to look to her left, and we saw a woman on the wall holding a baby and crying. My brother Chuck came flying in to get a drink or something and my mother called out to him and said, "Chuckie, go get me a pencil and bring it in here would you please?" He came back in, threw it to her and went back outside. My mother traced the picture and sure enough it was as we had saw. We couldn't believe our eyes! A friend of my mothers called who happened to live across the street. Mom was freakin' out and told her to come over to check this thing out. We went back in the room, and ALL OF THE PENCIL MARKINGS AND THE PICTURE WAS GONE! It disappeared!! While living there we heard someone in a rocking chair upstairs rocking back and forth (the place was empty and gutted). ALL of us heard it, even my father who don't believe in all this stuff. My father got one of the boys baseball bats and opened up the one door and went to the bottom of the stairs. My mother, and all of us kids in tow. We kept hearing it as my father was screaming up the stairs that whoever it was better get the hell out of there. We get to the top of the stairs, dad uses the flashlight and shines it just above the last stair and all of the sudden the 'rocking noise' stopped. One of the last episodes and the clincher of us moving out of the house was this last episode. My mother loves to play the piano, but at this point only had one of those small table top organ things. This woman calls my mother (who she is friends with) and said look, I know of a hightop piano that is being given away. There are a few keys that don't work, but..what the hell, it's free. Do you want it? Mom said YAH! Well, it took like 3 men to move the piano in the house through the one door. It could get in the hallway, but not through the door. So they had to bring it in the other door. Mom gets it, plays it, it's fine. As days go by, Mom is drawn to the piano and plays a song that she has no idea what it was. She was almost in a trance like state. ALL OF THE KEYS WORKED! Her friend from across the street came over, she had no clue she was there. She startled my mother and said, "I never heard of such a beautiful piece, what was that?" Mom looked at her and said, "I have no clue!" She was actually scared, shut the shelf down over the keys and they went to work.
                                The next morning my mother thought there was something wrong, and said to herself that she was going to get rid of the piano. She called the friend who called her about taking the piano and told her what was going on. The friend said to her, "I have no clue what you are talking about, I never called you about some piano?!" She said, "Louise, yes you did! How else would I have known about the piano?!" She called the movers that moved the piano to our house. They have no record of ever picking up a piano and bringing anything to our address at the time. My mother was upset enough that she took the piano (It was on rollers), and what took 3 men to move in, and took my mother to push out into the hallway. Now remember....it couldn't GET through the door. Well, this time....it did.

That was the end of us living there. The lady that bought the house after we lived in it said she had weird shit going on there and had the house blessed, and has had nothing more go on.

The third house I'll talk about at the next posting. I am sure I will get the "Sarge, hey I wasn't listening" post right about now as this has become a novel. LOL!!
                                Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                                "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

Working...