X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Oh for fuck's sake! As if beer in the DC area isn't fucking expensive enough!
    you live in the DC area?! ha ha!

i always thought that the city of whores and thieves referred to las vegas for some reason...but i think i get it now...

and, as someone who's brother lives in new york, i can say that i'm not too upset with the price of beer in the washington region...

Comment

• ODShowtime
      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I'm just glad I don't like IPAs that much.

Still bad news though.

I like drinking the neighbor's beer. Dos Equis and Moosehead.
      gnaw on it

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime

I like drinking the neighbor's beer. Dos Equis and Moosehead.
        Not technically beer, but okay.....

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The ethanol boom is a short-term fad. No way can we grow enough corn to fuel our cars and feed ourselves. It's unsustainable.

It works in Brazil because they have a HUGE amount of sugar cane which even after the white sugar has been processed out of it, the molases, and cane juice is fermented for ethanol. I believe they even burn the waste of the whole process to power the distilling opperation.

Sugar cane is pretty damn efficient and when you have thousands of square miles of it, No problem running the country on the stuff.

In North America, no way is corn going to be that way. It's a short-term money making fad.

They need to find a way to turn the piss from beer drinkers into fuel.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Someone needs to make a decent electric car that isn't gay. The range is about 120 miles on a charge, but with new solar panel technology the batteries could charge as long as the thing is out in the sun.

What these cars lack is any kind of nice body styling. They all look gay as hell.

I wouldn't mind an electric car for a daily run around.

The batteries make them expensive though. An internal combustion engine is still cheaper as long as the fuel they burn is cheap. Bombing Iran and $100/barrel plus oil may finally usher in the electric driven car for good.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Someone needs to make a decent electric car that isn't gay. The range is about 120 miles on a charge, but with new solar panel technology the batteries could charge as long as the thing is out in the sun.

What these cars lack is any kind of nice body styling. They all look gay as hell.

Haven't you heard of the Tesla Roadster??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAmJEqBSBqI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAmJEqBSBqI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tui Is A Great Beer And The Women Love It To.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Haven't you heard of the Tesla Roadster??

http://www.teslamotors.com/
                  That one is not too bad. You see all these people going to work and back with just one person in the car. That would do the job and I doubt those drivers are going over 120 miles a day. If the workplace had a charging station for these types of cars powered by some solar panels that would be cool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

With a $98,000 base price Al Gore could drive one but not the average commuter that's for sure.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Believe it or not, I was at a locally owned grocery store the other day and they actually reserved one of their front parking spots for electric cars, complete with an outlet to plug in and charge up on their dime while you're shopping.

I doubt anybody would be grocery shopping long enough to completely charge their car's battery, but it's a great idea. And the idea of solar panels on a car is great, as far as I'm concerned, though I doubt they would ever work in Washington state

As for the price of the Tesla Roadster, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops eventually. Like any new technology, those who absolutely have to have the first ones on the block get the "privilege" of paying off the research & development costs, and also, it's not exactly mass produced yet.

Al Gore should drive one though. It would look cool as Hell in the campaign videos that he should be making soon.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Beer And Cars,What A Great Thread.

Cheers.:bottle:
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Believe it or not, I was at a locally owned grocery store the other day and they actually reserved one of their front parking spots for electric cars, complete with an outlet to plug in and charge up on their dime while you're shopping.

I doubt anybody would be grocery shopping long enough to completely charge their car's battery, but it's a great idea. And the idea of solar panels on a car is great, as far as I'm concerned, though I doubt they would ever work in Washington state

As for the price of the Tesla Roadster, I wouldn't be surprised if it drops eventually. Like any new technology, those who absolutely have to have the first ones on the block get the "privilege" of paying off the research & development costs, and also, it's not exactly mass produced yet.

Al Gore should drive one though. It would look cool as Hell in the campaign videos that he should be making soon.
                          Solar technology is really taking off now. No, the newer solar panels would still work on overcast days but you get more juice on sunny days. They are even talking about making see through windows that generate electricity so the windows on a skyscraper actually generate electricity for the building and since the energy is converted to electricity the window transmit less heat into the building lowering air conditioning costs.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I used to drive an electric powered forklift when I worked on a loading dock years ago. It was one of the standup ones. It would take off and haul ass! I wouldn't mind a car that drove like that fork lift!

Comment

Working...