X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
    This is crazy! You hear the guy scream "NO" right before the impact.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/video_mo..._a47_1_3757629
    I saw this video and a couple other ones like it a year or so ago. It shook me up enough to call my brother and try to convince him to give up riding. I've been on a bike since then but I would have probably sold mine if I had owned one when I saw them. I didn't ride on the street for almost 30 years after witnessing another rider get killed in an accident. He'd tried to get me to race right before that and I obliged but I backed off after I showed him it wouldn't be much of a contest. When I backed off he flew by me and made a left turn as the light turned red. A car coming the other way hit him damn near head on and he was killed instantly. If anyone had seen our little race minutes before I could have been charged with murder or manslaughter.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 08-07-2015, 10:28 PM.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Motorcycle

I was riding home one night last week. Waved to a guy on a bike coming towards me as we passed. A minute or two later he got run over by a 21 year old. He was a cop out for a ride on his Harley. 44, with a family. Gone, just like that. I didn't even know until I saw it on the news app on my phone the next morning. Fucking crazy. Won't keep me from riding though. More people get Killed in cars, and I still drive.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

I was riding home one night last week. Waved to a guy on a bike coming towards me as we passed. A minute or two later he got run over by a 21 year old. He was a cop out for a ride on his Harley. 44, with a family. Gone, just like that. I didn't even know until I saw it on the news app on my phone the next morning. Fucking crazy. Won't keep me from riding though. More people get Killed in cars, and I still drive.
        I watched too many of those dash cam videos of bike crashes one night and got a little freaked out about it. I've had people pull out in front of me and my first instinct was to give them the finger or scream obsenities at them. Luckily for me none of those times did the driver pull out in front of me where I couldn't avoid hitting them by just backing off the throttle or lightly applying the brakes. I had to lay down my Yamaha YZ 490 on a dirt road once when a guy I was riding with pulled in front of me and slowed down suddenly. I had just kicked it in the ass after he moved to the left as the road widened so I would fly past him before he got a chance to throttle his bike. I had been following him and eating his dust for about a mile before that and wanted him to taste some. The front tire of my bike was still a few inches off the ground from the rapid acceleration and suddenly there he is right in front of me. All I had time to do was slam on the rear brake and lean to my right as far as possibly throwing me and the bike to the ground. I came to a stop without hitting my buddy because he heard me scream oh shit and grabbed the throttle. Scraped up my forearm pretty good and got blood all over my new boots but I didn't break anything on me or my bike.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

This is one of the videos I saw that freaked me out a little. Everythings cool until this guy's buddy passes him up. Then he starts riding like an idiot.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Igosplut
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Motorcycle

Whats this about again?
            Last edited by Igosplut; 08-12-2015, 09:17 PM.
            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sesh, I know you ride, and I have proof.

I think his legs are fatter...
              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You cunt!

Take that back!

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Ahh. you know I love ya......Fat legs and all.
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Motorcycle Fatalities in 2011: 4,612
                    Weed Fatalities in 2011: 0

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Motorcycle Fatalities in 2011: 4,612
                      Weed Fatalities in 2011: 0
                      You can't prove that statistic. I've had friends and relatives that were in accidents while under the influence of pot and didn't get nailed for it. It's possible a few of those fatalities were stoned riders and/or passengers. Pot affects people differently. High grade pot affects me enough to make me a less competent driver at times and I've been smoking pot since the early 70s.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Shut the fuck up.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          You can't prove that statistic. I've had friends and relatives that were in accidents while under the influence of pot and didn't get nailed for it. It's possible a few of those fatalities were stoned riders and/or passengers. Pot affects people differently. High grade pot affects me enough to make me a less competent driver at times and I've been smoking pot since the early 70s.
                          Depends how often you smoke. If you're a daily smoker, it's not going to impact your driving, but if you're an occasional or weekend smoker you're too impaired to drive.
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Bend Me Over.
                            Oh Boy.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                              Depends how often you smoke. If you're a daily smoker, it's not going to impact your driving, but if you're an occasional or weekend smoker you're too impaired to drive.
                              I'm all for the legalization of pot myself but I'm not buying that story. Your reflexes are bound to be slower when you're stoned than when you're straight even if you smoke pot 24/7. Not as slow as when you're intoxicated on booze but still slower. That's all it takes sometimes to get into an accident.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Shut the fuck up.
                                Fuck off hophead. You need to get stoned the old fashioned way. With real stones upside your pointy little head.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...