X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    Why in the FUCK would anyone want to see The Warriors remade?

Am just tired of remakes. Only a handful actually equalled or bettered the originals.

Sequels I don't mind as much, particularly if they try and do something excellent in their own right and further the story along in an interesting way.

Wouldn't mind a sequel to Planet Terror.

Lounge is spot-on with the Farenheit 9/11 sequel idea. The last 4 years of W's tenure are even more ripe for a Mooore treatment than the first 4.
    The new Road Warrior is either going to be a sequel or a prequel...

One of the interesting things is that there were a lot of scenes cut out of the original Mad Max film, such as a big gun battle between the Pursuit police and the Nightrider gang which explains why there is less of a motorcycle group for Max to hunt at the end....

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      Blade Runner would be cool.

Man, don't mess with Escape From New York!

The Warriors is so dated......the only updates would be constant shooting because punks don't scrap old school anymore.

Dunno about Blade Runner...

See, the cool part about endings to such movies as Blade Runner, or Carpenter's The Thing remake is that the endings weren't resolved in a traditional way, so the viewer is left to draw their own conclusions.

Escape From New York shouldn't be remade...or even re-sequelized...Escape From LA was okay, but if Carpenter himself wasn't able to quite equal his own original, I have little hope anyone else could.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

OK - "Mad Max: Fury Road" is definitely interesting...although I'd much rather see Mel Gibson doing it than the last rumored recast, which was Paul Walker in the role...

I don't give a fuck who says what - "Silent Hill" was one of the best video game to movie adaptations that has ever been made. Some of the core ideas were changed, but when it comes to staying true to the thematic elements of the game, it did - creepy, disgusting and no happy ending - in other words, totally Silent Hill. VERY much want a sequel to that.

How about Scott Baio and Willie Ames in "Zapped 3"? :tongue0011:
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hugh Jackson will be the next Max apparently...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            OK - "Mad Max: Fury Road" is definitely interesting...although I'd much rather see Mel Gibson doing it than the last rumored recast, which was Paul Walker in the role...

I don't give a fuck who says what - "Silent Hill" was one of the best video game to movie adaptations that has ever been made. Some of the core ideas were changed, but when it comes to staying true to the thematic elements of the game, it did - creepy, disgusting and no happy ending - in other words, totally Silent Hill. VERY much want a sequel to that.

How about Scott Baio and Willie Ames in "Zapped 3"? :tongue0011:
            Paul Walker is too much of a pretty boy to be credible...in just about anything...although I suppose I'll tolerate him when seeing the new Fast and Furious movie.

Zapped 3? Hey, if it means reprising the Heather Thomas role (with her actually baring her titties this time and not using a body double), I'm all for it.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Police Academy.

Why didn't I think of that sooner?

Comment

• Julius
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Ishtar II. That would be grate.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Pulp Fiction !!! It would have to be what happened before the original. What about a Vega brothers movie ???

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Hugh Jackson will be the next Max apparently...
                    I hadn't heard about that...Paul Walker was the last name I'd heard George Miller talking about, but I haven't been following very much...I have to say, though, I honestly think a new, GOOD Mad Max movie would do a lot to help Mel Gibson breathe some life back into his career - even if the movie's a disaster, having a big box office would help some and revisiting established franchises can be done effectively; Sly's done a very good job with the last Rocky and Rambo movies, I thought.

Hugh Jackman would be...I don't know, it's just hard to visualize ANYBODY other than Mel Gibson playing Mad Max, at least for me...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Zapped 3? Hey, if it means reprising the Heather Thomas role (with her actually baring her titties this time and not using a body double), I'm all for it.
                      Were they to ever revisit that franchise, I can almost fucking guarantee it'll be when Miley Cyrus is in her 20's, taking the Heather Thomas role - Miley will have whored herself out to no end by that point and probably won't have any problem flashing her tits at whatever has a lens...Zac Efron will probably take over Scott Baio's role...music by the Jonas Brothers...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Julius
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        Were they to ever revisit that franchise, I can almost fucking guarantee it'll be when Miley Cyrus is in her 20's, taking the Heather Thomas role - Miley will have whored herself out to no end by that point and probably won't have any problem flashing her tits at whatever has a lens...Zac Efron will probably take over Scott Baio's role...music by the Jonas Brothers...

OH FUCK NO!!!! Anything but that.

I would pray to be stricken with deafness and scratch my eyes out before such a release.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by WARF
                          Scarface 2: Montana's Revenge

Have him get up from the water fountain...
                          Screamin...
                          Im FOOKIN ALIVE!!!
                          I TAKE MORE OF YOUR BULLETS!!!
                          Carlito's Way was almost a sequel to Scarface.
                          But If Tony Montana had been busted he would have never got out
                          of prison.
                          Unless he was busted on the money laundering only and all the peeps
                          he snuffed couldn't have been proved.
                          How about Vanishing Point 2.
                          The crash at the end was a daydream and Kowalski escapes that trap to
                          keep on running from the law.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Silverado always cried out for a sequel. The only problem is that all of the original cast are now way too old to reprise their roles! On second thought, age never deterred Arnold, Sly, and Harrison Ford...
                            Last edited by Little Texan; 03-01-2009, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Not sequels, but I wish Hollywood turned out a few more quality westerns. The last decent ones were The Quick & The Dead, Tombstone, and Unforgiven.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• cadaverdog
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Not sequels, but I wish Hollywood turned out a few more quality westerns. The last decent ones were The Quick & The Dead, Tombstone, and Unforgiven.
                                I'll second that.
                                Some good war movies that didn't focus on how realistic you
                                can make the deaths look would be nice.
                                More story than gory.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...