Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
    I'm gonna get some REAL 7UP!!!
    Then you are going to fill a tall shot glass halfway with Jose Cuervo, top the rest off with 7Up, slam it down hard on the counter and chug the foaming result.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Then you are going to fill a tall shot glass halfway with Jose Cuervo, top the rest off with 7Up, slam it down hard on the counter and chug the foaming result.
      All the more reason to keep the real sugar formulas, because the corn poison doesn't mix well with alcohol either. :bottle:
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Looks like Dr Pepper is going after their own for using real sugar. I guess more people are buying the Dublin Dr Pepper than the regular corn poison tainted shit and that's eating into their oh so precious profit margin. Why don't they just give the people what they want, switch to sugar and pass the extra cost on to the consumers? I believe consumers have shown through their buying Mexican Coke and Dublin Dr Pepper that they don't mind paying more for soda with real sugar in it.

Dr. Pepper Sues Dr. Pepper Bottler Over Cane Sugar "Dublin Dr. Pepper"

Link

Last summer, when Dr. Pepper sold a limited-edition version of the beverage that used cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, we mentioned that some soda fans in Texas are always able to get their hands on Dr. Pepper from the old-school Dublin Dr. Pepper bottling plant that never made the change over to HFCS. But parent company Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc. says the Dublin folks have been selling their brew outside its designated area using the name Dublin Dr. Pepper in violation of their agreement.

Dr. Pepper Snapple filed a lawsuit in a U.S. District Court on Tuesday, asking a court to order the bottler to stop using the Dublin Dr. Pepper name and logo.

"In the simplest terms, the bottler in Dublin is using a logo that is no longer authorized and is taking business from fellow Dr Pepper bottlers who play by the rules and sell within their defined territories," an executive with Dr. Pepper Snapple says. "We owe it to our other bottlers to stop these unauthorized practices."

In a statement on the Dublin Dr. Pepper website, the bottler responds to the suit:

We are surprised to learn that our corporate partner has taken this action, but we are confident that this lawsuit will not succeed. We have been a loyal partner to Dr Pepper Snapple longer than any other bottler, and we've worked successfully with several different ownership groups for our parent company to become one of the company's most successful franchisees. It is unfortunate that Dr Pepper Snapple's attorneys are asking our overburdened court system to resolve what we believe is a business matter, but we look forward to telling our side of the story before a judge and jury, and we will continue to provide great products and great service to every one of our customers.

The Dublin plant has been in operation since 1891 and claims to bottle the original Dr. Pepper formula.

Lawsuit: Dublin Dr Pepper Not What Doctor Ordered [CBSlocal.com]

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
          It's no surprize this thread keeps going and going.

Soda used to taste incredible.
          Yep, and now it tastes incredibly shitty. I wish they would ban corn poison in the US like they have in Europe, but the corn lobby is too strong and has too much influence on our bought and paid for congresspeople, I guess.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

the throwback pepsi is pretty good this summer. That and mexican cokes is enough for me. Shame but the throwback Dr Pepper wasn't very good. I still have some of that from last year.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

According to Wikipedia, Pepsi has made the throwback lines a permanent addition to their soft drink lineup. I saw them both at the store, earlier, and I bought a 12 pack of the Mountain Dew Throwback. Now if only Coca-Cola would get a clue and offer their own retro soft drink products.

Last edited by Little Texan; 12-04-2011, 03:56 AM. Reason: noneya

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Pepsi seems to be in the stores most of the time now, but not so much the Mountain Dew. Which is OK, because there's some preservatives and shit in there that I'd rather not drink, real sugar or not. Really wish they would keep the Dr. Pepper around though. And that Coca Cola would realize that it ain't just the Mexicans and the Jews who like actual sugar in their Coke.

I seldom drink any of it anymore, since I'm avoiding sugar for the most part, but this being the holiday season. I might have a need to use something as a "mixer" or whatever.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                  The Pepsi seems to be in the stores most of the time now, but not so much the Mountain Dew. Which is OK, because there's some preservatives and shit in there that I'd rather not drink, real sugar or not. Really wish they would keep the Dr. Pepper around though. And that Coca Cola would realize that it ain't just the Mexicans and the Jews who like actual sugar in their Coke.

I seldom drink any of it anymore, since I'm avoiding sugar for the most part, but this being the holiday season. I might have a need to use something as a "mixer" or whatever.
                  Mountain Dew Throwback I found at the super wal mart nearby.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What the hell is a "super" WalMart? Wouldn't that be a "Sam's Club"?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                      What the hell is a "super" WalMart? Wouldn't that be a "Sam's Club"?
                      Pretty much a wall mart with a grocery store.

normally am not a huge fan of shopping at a place like that, but the local grocery has very little in variety at times.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

The trend has been picked up by Target as well, as the chain started adding grocery departments here a couple of years ago and rechristening the stores as "Target Superstores." The thing is, the food is roughly 10-20 % more expensive than a regular grocery, so like a 7-11, the selection is dire and you are paying for the alleged convenience. Even so, I have serious doubts about their meat and poultry.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The trend has been picked up by Target as well, as the chain started adding grocery departments here a couple of years ago and rechristening the stores as "Target Superstores." The thing is, the food is roughly 10-20 % more expensive than a regular grocery, so like a 7-11, the selection is dire and you are paying for the alleged convenience. Even so, I have serious doubts about their meat and poultry.
                          Wall-Mart I think had a few things cheaper than the other sorrounding stories. So the prices are indeed better.

The people shopping there are about the only issue you'll find, but you'll get that.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            Wall-Mart I think had a few things cheaper than the other sorrounding stories. So the prices are indeed better.

The people shopping there are about the only issue you'll find, but you'll get that.
                            I do all of the food shopping for the house, so I'm up on the pricing of groceries. While Target and Walmart have a few items at bargain costs in order to get you into the store (the stuff posted in the weekly ads), by and large the prices for everything else are well above Winn Dixie or Publix, or at least are in this region.

Years ago before gas station/convenience stores popped up on every block and around the time McDonald's introduced it's truly ghastly salads (which they haven't really improved upon all that much since then) we had a saying: "You don't buy bread at the Hess station, and you don't eat salad made by McDonald's." The same law pretty much applies to the here and now, you don't buy your chicken salad the same place you buy your underwear and tires.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, both of the local Targets recently added the "grocery" sections. I wasn't very impressed with the addition. But (back on topic) at least Target usually has a good supply of the REAL Dr. Pepper when it's on the market.

Though in the month of December, walking into Target is just as horrible as any mall
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No real news here to report... just a rant about packaging.....

My neighborhood convenience store has carried the single bottles of MexiCoke for some time now. Today I noticed they also started carrying Mexican Pepsi, which also comes in glass bottles. They also have the domestic "Pepsi Throwback" in the evil plastic bottles.

So I thought I would try my own version of the old "Pepsi Challenge". Bought one of each and compared the taste......

No contest: The MexiPepsi was better. IT"S THE GLASS BOTTLE, STUPID!!!

What sucks is that the 12 oz MexiPepsi costs more than the 20 oz plastic bottle.

Pepsi deserves credit for keeping the Throwback on the market, but for the love of all that's holy, give up the petro-plastic bottles already.

And maybe now that the Frankencorn crop has gone to Hell this summer, we will finally see Coca Cola get on board with actual sugar (aside from that limited run they make for the Rabbis every year)
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...