Good news for HFCS haters: Pepsi & Mt. Dew about to release a limited run with sugar!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

we make the labels for the Jarritos bottles, and also the Bud Light and Bud Select labels. so drink up, i like working the OT.

i have switched to the Zeros, mostly Cherry Coke, regular Coke, and Sprite. the Sprite is pretty good. every now and then i'll buy a flat of the MexiCoke at Sam's. Jarritos is pretty common here, the city i grew up in is now a sanctuary city for the illegals and a lot of stores have big Mexican food sections.

my stepfather would always claim that the coloring in whatever drink makes one more thirsty, so we'd stick to clear drinks on the job site.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
      we grow sugar, bananas, beef, milk, honey, and other exotic agronomic delights here.

mmmm.
      We used to be a big cattle producing area but tourism and skiing took over. It takes a lot of Mexicans to prepare the food, clean up the mess, and make the beds. The upside is you have a good selection of hot sauce and Mexican beer and soda pop in the stores.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        we make the labels for the Jarritos bottles, and also the Bud Light and Bud Select labels. so drink up, i like working the OT.

i have switched to the Zeros, mostly Cherry Coke, regular Coke, and Sprite. the Sprite is pretty good. every now and then i'll buy a flat of the MexiCoke at Sam's. Jarritos is pretty common here, the city i grew up in is now a sanctuary city for the illegals and a lot of stores have big Mexican food sections.

my stepfather would always claim that the coloring in whatever drink makes one more thirsty, so we'd stick to clear drinks on the job site.
        I stopped drinking Gatorade and drink coconut water instead. You can buy it at the store now and it's an excellent hydrator and source of electrolytes without the corn syrup and chemicals.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

there's Powerade Zero, too. but some of those taste like water with a crayon dipped in it.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Something new from the Coca-Cola company......

Now if "sugar" actually means SUGAR here, then this would be excellent news.

Though I would really hope they have an all sugar version as well. Or an all Stevia diet version for that matter.

But this hybrid seems promising, and certainly much more so than the "10" series of Pepsi products, which combine the worst possible sweeteners, HFCS & Rumsfeld's neurotoxin Aspartame.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I bought some glass bottle pepsi this week at the gas station that appears to be bottled in US but had sugar instead of the HFCS. Like mexipepsi but with a fancy bottle. Yummy.

I'm sorry but I just wish it was still the 70s. What wasn't better then? Video games... ok ANYTHING else at all??
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I can remember the 70's. Carter was president and disco was the rage and everyone said things sucked and they wished it was the 1950's again.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  If you like Apple flavored soda, and if you can find it in the Great Northwest, try a Mexican brand called Sidral Mundet. There's a regular version that is pretty good, and a green apple one that is exceptional.

It sounds like something that would give you the shits.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    I can remember the 70's. Carter was president and disco was the rage and everyone said things sucked and they wished it was the 1950's again.

Led Zeppelin, Pittsburgh Steelers, big old bushes, smokin' cigs everywhere, everyone doin coke, new music was good; sounds awesome.

I have a feeling everyone and everything in the 70s stunk to high heaven like cigarettes and BO though.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      I have a feeling everyone and everything in the 70s stunk to high heaven like cigarettes and BO though.
                      And stale beer dregs...
                      Here's a thing, today at the local discount joint I bought a 6 pack of Dr Peppers canned in the U.K. of all places. $8.

Now don't laugh, ok? For years I've thought coke is way too sweet. I think it stems back to my childhood at the race track. (My fam was heavily involved in horse racing). You'd get a postmix coke from the bar, and it had a bigger water/syrup ratio, and ice half filling the glass. So I water it down. Half half is a bit too weak, 70/30 is perfect.

I'll let ya's know what the British Doctor tastes like later, drinking VB now.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Pepsi blows.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

No, it's Dr Peppers. Do you like Earl Grey tea and Tim Tams when you're stoned? I do.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

I miss Red Bull Cola. It was less sweet than Coke and certainly Pepsi, and it was all natural flavor, with real sugar.

Somebody (probably Coca-Cola Inc. or Pepsico) started a nasty rumor that it had cocaine in it, reality is that they used the same "unleaded" coca leaves that they use in Atlanta, so you would have to drink an entire pallet of the stuff to get the equivalent of snorting a line.

But the rumor spread in the hysterical media and all the stores panicked and took it off the shelves. And mind you, that was up on Earth. The distribution here in Hell was even far more problematic on a good day.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

The reason I bought the British Pepper, mr zub, is it says it has actual sugar. Where that sugar came from, I've no idea.

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

As far as I know, the corn poison is only used in the US. Though I'm sure Monsanto would love to change that. And probably will if your mortal governments are gullible enough to pass the Trans Pacific Partnership.
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...