ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Elvis and Hagar sitting in a tree
    K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

I watched with the sound off to affraid to grab it all at one time..Wheew!

I am still waiting for blueray to be cheap, like I did with VHS I am always about five years behind World Changing Trendy, Super Neeto Stuff.

I am affraid to try new stuff, Then I will Get My Chicken OUT! OH YEAH!!

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by seshmeister
        elvis and hagar sitting in a tree
        k-i-s-s-i-n-g
        golly gee willikers!!!

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Oh c'mon, most of you queers listened to some Van Hagar on and off for years...

This Conan appearance is better than most Van Hagar TV appearances, including Pound Cake...

That's all i'm sayin'
          Yes, but with Van Hagar, there were at least a few decent instrumental ideas with every studio release that were solid enough to the point where even Hagar's banal lyrics and irritating whine could only slightly undermine them (am thinking along the lines of the title track to 5150, AFU, Pleasuredome). Chickenfoot doesn't even have that much going for them.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Exactly. The only surprising thing about this band is how spectacularly mediocre all of Satriani's 'ideas' for songs are. There was that weak album he did years ago when he tried singing so we knew that he wasn't going to be helping with great vocal melodies but Jesus felching on a unicycle he's coming up with guitar ideas that are sub par early CC DeVille. The most incredibly uninteresting uncatchy nothing music.

I'm not saying he should be doing widdly Dream Theatre or whatever, I'm not even a big fan of that stuff but there is a happy medium or even fun superbasic but you need to put a quirk or spark of magic dust into that like ACDC.

You can do basic well and this isn't it.

But none of that is the worst thing about this band. This worst thing about Chickenfoot it the complete lack of self awareness about how spectacularly uninteresting and unfunny they are when they talk which is far far too often.

Shut the fuck up.

The amazing thing is that they've actually found someone on the planet with more anti-charisma(™ Nick) than Hagar with this loudmouthed fucking retard of a drummer.

Cheers!

In the universe there is matter and antimatter. In the music universe, there is David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. But in any case, I can almost put up with an unselfaware asshole clod like Hagar if I like what he does in 4/4 timing. But that clip reminded me of how much I really hate Hagar's raspy, Janis Joplin-esque voice screeching over a mediocre riff.

The drummer certainly has anti-charisma, but at least I like his fucking drumming. And yeah, Satriani is a great player, but he sharked on the virtuoso soloist stuff and never really seemed to work in the confines of a band. I used to wonder why in the fuck didn't Joe find a good singer, hook-up with Hamm on bass and a competent drummer and put out a complete album. But I can see why he has chosen to remain a virtuoso underground guitar God rather than have to open himself up to the rigors of actually writing complete songs. This is where I begin to have immense respect for less technically proficient players such as The Edge that are able to create musical substance over the style of flashy guitar heroics. You can just feel the tension between him and the rest of the guys, at least Hagar and the Red Hot Chili Pepper buffoon (Satriani is a very serious musician despite the comic book, pop culture references in his work and themes) and I can see him tiring of these Peter Pan Phase, 50/60-something assholes pretending they're still 30 and their forced 'good-time' antics on stage...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-08-2009, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I prefer to remember this Joe Satriani:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4vqJCOO5im4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                In the universe there is matter and antimatter.
                Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film?

I read that very silly book during a 5 hour drinking session but I seem to remember that it involved an antimatter bomb.

He's such a silly man that Dan Brown I see there are lots of stuff on the interweb about antimatter.

Thought this was quite funny from CERN where they do the maths of the bomb in the book.
                At CERN we make quantities of the order of 107 antiprotons per second and there are 600 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 of them in a single gram of antihydrogen. You can easily calculate how long we would have to work to get one gram if we could make the 100 000 000 antiparticles every second: we would need 60 000 000 000 000 000 seconds. There are only 30 000 000 seconds in a year, so it would roughly take 2 000 000 000 years!

Oops this may be a bit off topic...
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-08-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film?

I read that very silly book during a 5 hour drinking session but I seem to remember that it involved an antimatter bomb.

He's such a silly man that Dan Brown I see there are lots of stuff on the interweb about antimatter.

Thought this was quite funny from CERN where they do the maths of the bomb in the book.

Oops this may be a bit off topic...
                  The most potent antimatter bomb was the Van Hagar Tour of 2004...

Humanity has yet to recover...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Actually, the 1996-1998 Van Halen III episode was even a worse antimatter bomb. I think several Japanese cults committed suicide up the "sign" of Gary Cherone fingering his asshole while singing "Unchained."

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

You fags are being too hard on this...

I don't like Satriani or Hagar, but this isn't bad for a live performance...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Satriani has more hair on his arms than Sasquatch. Man. He would have a full head of hair if he transplanted his arm hair to his head.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Seriously, who cares about this?

They should call their next album 'Chinese Democracy'.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Antimatter? - I hope you haven't had to watch that Angels and Demons film.
                            It's actually a part of particle physics...
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I don't like Satriani or Hagar, but this isn't bad for a live performance...
                              Again, Jackass...where is Elvis and who are you???
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

C'mon dude...

Comment

Working...