X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
    Wait, you know how to rip CDs to your iPod, you post on the internet - quite well, I must say - know how to create & upload a custom avatar... and you don't have the head to play games?

Cheers! :bottle:
    I enjoy playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band with the kids (I'm really excited about Rock Band Beatles coming out in less than 2 weeks), but so far as immersing myself in any of these combat, modern warfare fantasy role-playing type games... I just don't have the time and/or interest anymore. Right now, my time killing hobby is taking old Christmas LPs that I find in thrift stores and digitizing them and I hardly find any time for that.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
      Intellivision? Anyone?
      Atari 2600?

Who still has that stuff?
      I've still got these, boxed up in the garage someplace.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        I enjoy playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band with the kids (I'm really excited about Rock Band Beatles coming out in less than 2 weeks), but so far as immersing myself in any of these combat, modern warfare fantasy role-playing type games... I just don't have the time and/or interest anymore. Right now, my time killing hobby is taking old Christmas LPs that I find in thrift stores and digitizing them and I hardly find any time for that.
        Digitizing LPs? Yeah, I do that all the time too. You know, 'coz I know how to do it. Yep, noone can digitize an LP faster than ol' LP digitizer here.

You know what they call me? LP digitizer. Yeah, that's what they call me. 'Cuz I'm hip on all that digitizing technology and stuff.

In fact, I've been digitizing LPs ever since I was around 9 or so.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Digitizing LPs? Yeah, I do that all the time too. You know, 'coz I know how to do it. Yep, noone can digitize an LP faster than ol' LP digitizer here.

You know what they call me? LP digitizer. Yeah, that's what they call me. 'Cuz I'm hip on all that digitizing technology and stuff.

Does the term "digitizing" mean stacking a couple of coins on top of the needle to keep the record from skipping? If so, I've been digitizing for years, as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by thome
            I play COD I, on my computer and I want the new one, awesome.. I haven't played a Television video since SEGA....1997..?.Still have Sonic..fun stuff haven't played it in years .

I still have my Pong machine from the 70's I wonder if it would hook up ,,lol

I am out of the LOOP....
            1997! The ole Genesis days - Mega Drive here in Europe. Gawd, those were the days. Fuck, I'm reminiscing. I'm old. I'm ancient.

Still, Sonic kicked arse. Super Hang-On, Flashback... Streets of Rage! Man, they don't make games like that anymo... FUCK! I cunt belive I almost writted that.

Right, where' the nearest home for elderly people? I need my medicines and chicken broth. My ciatica is acting up again. What did you say? SPEAK LOUDER! WHAT? NO, I DON'T.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Does the term "digitizing" mean stacking a couple of coins on top of the needle to keep the record from skipping? If so, I've been digitizing for years, as well.
              Yes, that's what I've said. I know all about it.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

I'm sorry... I'm taking the old vinyl and 'ripping' it onto the computer so I can load up my ipod with them.

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Oh yeah... although for the most part I sit in front of the turntable like an idiot applying a little pressure to the tonearm when needed.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  I'm sorry... I'm taking the old vinyl and 'ripping' it onto the computer so I can load up my ipod with them.
                  Yes. That's what I said.

No, I understood. But I don't know how to digitize. See?

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by imapus_sylicker
                    you sick bastard!

What kind of question is that?

Do you have nipples on your darth vader suit? Oh, gawd... Right, forget i asked anything! I don't wanna know! Seriously bob, i don't wanna know!

Don't even think about it. Stop right there. Don't post it, don't...

Dear lard, what have i done?

yes!!!!
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Is the plural of "y'all" "all y'all"?

Yes. AFAIK.
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

1997! The ole Genesis days - Mega Drive here in Europe. Gawd, those were the days. Fuck, I'm reminiscing. I'm old. I'm ancient.

Still, Sonic kicked arse. Super Hang-On, Flashback... Streets of Rage! Man, they don't make games like that anymo... FUCK! I cunt belive I almost writted that.

Right, where' the nearest home for elderly people? I need my medicines and chicken broth. My ciatica is acting up again. What did you say? SPEAK LOUDER! WHAT? NO, I DON'T.

Don't forget the 16-bit wars... Sega vs. SNES...

Thank fuck I didn't get involved in that shite. I was more interested in Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, etc.

And all I said was: PARTICULARLY NASTY WEATHER OUT THERE!
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I was always more of a Sega fan myself during the 16 bit wars...eventually got a SNES too, just to see how the other half lived. Hell, I even got an Atari Jaguar, but the only game worth a shit on that system was Aliens vs. Predator...

That's the one thing I hate about video games right now, it's that everything is outdated just the second you get it. I still haven't picked up a 360 due to cost, so we're sitting on the Wii, XBOX, and Gamecube. Also have a N64 and Sega Genesis still hanging around.

Been wanting to get a 360 once the price drops another hundred bucks, but I've been hearing that Microsofts already done with it and working on the new XBOX...pretty soon you'll have to buy a new system every year just to stay current...
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2009

No nipples on the Batsuit...Jerry Bruckenhomo had nothing to do with this game

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by THEDOCTOR
                              No nipples on the Batsuit...Jerry Bruckenhomo had nothing to do with this game
                              I take it you mean Joel Schumacher, not Jerry Buckhiemer.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by Coyote
                                Don't forget the 16-bit wars... Sega vs. SNES...

Thank fuck I didn't get involved in that shite. I was more interested in Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, etc.

And all I said was: PARTICULARLY NASTY WEATHER OUT THERE!
                                Yeah, I remember those. It was the last time a gaming system was relevant for what is supposed to do: play games.

At the same time, I was also playing adventure games. And there was the LucasArts vs. Sierra wars... you couldn't be safe anywhere.

Originally posted by bueno bob
                                I was always more of a Sega fan myself during the 16 bit wars...eventually got a SNES too, just to see how the other half lived. Hell, I even got an Atari Jaguar, but the only game worth a shit on that system was Aliens vs. Predator...

That's the one thing I hate about video games right now, it's that everything is outdated just the second you get it. I still haven't picked up a 360 due to cost, so we're sitting on the Wii, XBOX, and Gamecube. Also have a N64 and Sega Genesis still hanging around.

Been wanting to get a 360 once the price drops another hundred bucks, but I've been hearing that Microsofts already done with it and working on the new XBOX...pretty soon you'll have to buy a new system every year just to stay current...
                                I was partial to Sega too. I guess because Sega games were more "hardcore" and "mature", while Nintendo kept the "family oriented" style, which basically meant either kiddie games, or kewl games stripped ouyt of everything interesting, such as Castlevania not being able to use religious symbols.

And yeah, gaming systems nowadays get outdated faster than a computer. Add the fact that you can emulate almost every single gaming system on the computer, and you're better off with one, anyway.

Comment

Working...