• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
    Nah. I don't think so.

But speaking of Silver Foxes, DAMN Mark Harmon's looking good these days. Men age so much better than women.
    Right up to the point we die 5 years earlier...

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I've avoided carbonhydrates for the last 10 weeks. A bit of Atkins here, but not as strict, and I've weighed not a single food. Just eating the right stuff when I want to. No sugar, bread, potatoes, maccaroni, candy (except dark chocolate), french fries. I've eaten a lot of meat, fish, salad and fat/cream/oil. Now I've lost ten kilos in ten weeks. Works mighty well. Plus the best side is, I don't get so hungry anymore. This is awesome.
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Right up to the point we die 5 years earlier...
        Ten to fifteen here in the states.... Although with your accelerated program I shudder to guess....
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Well, there are some quality of life issues that make living too long a little eye opening these days. Recent events make me realize the value of taking care of yourself and I don't mean in a cosmetic way.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            My doctor says flu shots are just a money maker more than anything.
            For WHOM?! The evil big pharma companies hardly make anything on flu vaccines. And they're giving them away locally for anyone willing to wait at the regions largest mall concourse (Walden Galleria)...

The flu virus mutates so quickly by the time they make a vaccine and distribute it, it's obsolete.
            They've gotten better at counteracting this and include more strains. Nothing is perfect, but I've read that most of the flu cases now involve H1N1 in some parts, so one would be better off having the shot.

My dad got a flu shot and it make him horribly sick. I'm not against immunizations (I had a grandmother who was crippled by polio) but I can smell big pharma using the media to sell something the public probably doesn't need. If anything these shots are giving people a false security. Washing your hands, not picking your nose and eating the boogers, sneezing into a tissue, and keeping yourself fit and healthy from lifestyle probably will prevent the flu more than this shot nonsense will.
            For people with healthy immune systems, yes. But the number of people of people dying from the flu every year is a little bit staggering, like well into the tens-of-thousands (around 40,000 IIRC?)...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-22-2009, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• standin
              Veteran
              • Apr 2009

Take care and be well soon, Shoes. Being sick over the holidays is not fun.
              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I'm better, thanks guys. Ate a half a bowl of soup today - and it stayed where it was supposed to! YAY!

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Flu gone, stomach still touchy. Can't eat much of anything in any quantity. 8 lbs still gone! Told you it was a good diet.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...