X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
    During the mid 1980s, whenever one of my friends would go on a sales trip, a group of us would pitch in some cash so he could bring us back some Schaefer. Yup, "the one beer to have when you're having more than one." It could be purchased here for a brief time toward the end of that decade, but sadly has disappeared ever since.

that really is such a great sig. thanks chef and igo
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
      I don't know when everybody became too fucking cool for just regular American lager. Admittedly, Bud and Miller are just bad. But I'll take Coors, Stroh's, Yuengling, etc. if I'm in the mood.
      Yuengling is okay and Strohs could be worse, I can't stand Coors just for their gay adverts...

I fucking hate poseurs. The people who drink Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, et al. would have a dick in their mouth if they weren't drinking that.
      Well, that's about true with any beer if you hang out in Yakima gay bars....

Comment

• Susie Q
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

I remember my Dad buying Shafer beer back in the old P&C Market. That and anyone ever hear of this beer?

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
        ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
          that really is such a great sig. thanks chef and igo
          All props must go to Igosplut! I had trouble providing a link in the sig itself for one reason or another, so here is the context of the original post, in the "can my cats join the Roth Army?" thread.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL Genesee's not the worst stuff ever, but their Cream Ale was just notoriously atrocious and known as "Genny Screamers..." LOL

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
              All props must go to Igosplut! I had trouble providing a link in the sig itself for one reason or another, so here is the context of the original post, in the "can my cats join the Roth Army?" thread.
              oh i remember the context well
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Susie Q
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                LOL Genesee's not the worst stuff ever, but their Cream Ale was just notoriously atrocious and known as "Genny Screamers..." LOL

I believe that shit was made and manufactured (Rochester) up your way Nick. Prolly had many of those Genny parties, eh?

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

there was a beer from minnesota we drank a long time ago, grainbelt? ehh and another one was schmidt's i think.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    there was a beer from minnesota we drank a long time ago, grainbelt? ehh and another one was schmidt's i think.
                    We used to get Schmidts here from time to time, but you are right it was a looong time ago.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Susie Q
                      I believe that shit was made and manufactured (Rochester) up your way Nick. Prolly had many of those Genny parties, eh?
                      Right out of the Genesee River. Cream Ale was so popular that I had a birthday cake decorated like a can of it for my 18th birthday. Yes, that's back when 18 was the legal drinking age.

Canei was also one of the big inexpensive wines then - "Can I? Yes you can!"

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Another classic from upstate NY
                        Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

anybody remember these guys?
                          Attached Files

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

And from the Buffalo area "Mabel - Black Label!"
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sensible Shoes; 01-28-2010, 09:46 PM.

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                              And from the Buffalo area
                              Carlings! Yep, my dad drank those religiously. They were even mentioned in Animal House, during the road trip to see Otis Day and the Knights (a fact oddly left out of the history at the Falstaff site).

History of Carling Black Label Beer

Last edited by chefcraig; 01-28-2010, 09:47 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

My mistake - Carling was headquartered in Cleveland - and had a distributor in London Ontario. We were just in the middle.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...