Toyota: "Oh What a Feeling!" (We're Fucked!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I think the Chevy Suburban I had was made by Mexicans that drank too much tequila. The engine leaked oil. I had a big go around with the dealer and they finally put a new engine in it. Then at 6,000 mile the front transaxle had catastrophic failure. I have had transmission and transaxle problems on other GM products and I service the transmission and differentials on schedule.

I traded the hunk of junk in for a Wisconsin made Suburban and it was fine. The only thing that broke on that one was the speedometer. I just got rid of it when it hit 100,000. That's about when the GM transmission or front transaxle goes kaput.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
      Toyota's were also used extensively in the late 80's middle eastern conflict between Libya and Chad, better known as the "Toyota War". I just happened across this the other day while reading about Col. Gaddafi on wikipedia.
      Yeah, I had a 1977 Sport Coupe that I'm pretty certain is still rolling around (minus about 90% of it's body) someplace in a South American village at this very moment.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The most reliable car I ever had was a 1987 BMW 328. That was a great car. I hear the new ones are junk. I have heard of them even getting water in the ignition components from going through a car wash and stop running because of it.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I think the Chevy Suburban I had was made by Mexicans that drank too much tequila..
          Hemosillo, Mexico..former home of the Hummer.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            Hemosillo, Mexico..former home of the Hummer.
            It was the home of shit. When I saw my car was made in Mexico, I said some hail Marry's and prayed to God and that didn't even work.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Raul probably forgot to put a gasket in when he assembled the engine and Jose didn't quite get that snap ring in right in the transaxle. It just take one minor screwup to send you to Fucksville.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                like maybe the soon-to-be-gone Chrysler Sebring (phased out in favor of the much more promising Chrysler 200), are still light years ahead of what cars were 20 or 30 years ago in regards to reliability.
                You don't know shit...

The 200 IS a Seabring with a new interior, new lights and the new pentastar V6...

It is a nice car, much nicer than a camry any day, but it's due to be totally scrapped and replaced mid to late 2012...

As far as Toyota, they are having GM like quality problems and they are bland bland bland, inside and out...

Not to mention they are somewhat difficult to work on and parts are very expensive...

Never had one and never will...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  I got what I want...

Dodge Challenger !!
                  I looked hard at the SRT4 last year, based on your praises of the thing...I didn't like the ride, but the fact that I wanted to save money on gas was the main reason I stayed away..it takes premium only. Fuck that. And the base model Neon? Oh, no...I want to DRIVE it, not constantly FIX it!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Japanese quality probably went downhill when they started building their cars in Gooberscrew, Alabama. I remember reading a few years ago GM was closing a plant down in Ontario and some Japanese car manufacture hired all of them and bought the plant and moved operations to Canada from Alabama. The reason was too many of the line workers were illiterate. They even printed comic book instructions and the workers still screwed up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I looked hard at the SRT4 last year, based on your praises of the thing...I didn't like the ride, but the fact that I wanted to save money on gas was the main reason I stayed away..it takes premium only. Fuck that. And the base model Neon? Oh, no...I want to DRIVE it, not constantly FIX it!
                      I can't believe what they want for a new economy car these days. It's robbery. The prices are too damn high for what they are.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        You don't know shit...

The 200 IS a Seabring with a new interior, new lights and the new pentastar V6...
                        Never buy 1st generation ANYTHING.

The 300m wasn't a bad looking car, if only the 300c drive train was thrown in it...because the 300c looks like a cross between a Bentley and a Dodge truck. It's hideous IMO.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

My neighbor has a Lexus and I had that car. It doesn't seem like luxury to me. The leather and trim seems cheap and the back seat is uncomfortable as hell. You feel like you are riding in an economy car and the ride isn't that great. I have no idea why people buy those things, they are horrible!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Japanese quality probably went downhill when they started building their cars in Gooberscrew, Alabama. .
                            I'm not sure ther is such a thing as "Japanese quality" anymore...everything has cross-pollinated so much.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Never buy 1st generation ANYTHING.

The 300m wasn't a bad looking car, if only the 300c drive train was thrown in it...because the 300c looks like a cross between a Bentley and a Dodge truck. It's hideous IMO.
                              I always thought Dodge trucks looked gay. They always had that big semi tractor grill look with a dumb attempt to be aerodynamic with a plastic toy look.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I'm not sure ther is such a thing as "Japanese quality" anymore...everything has cross-pollinated so much.
                                True. Most Japanese stuff is not made in Japan anymore. Most German stuff is still made in Germany. If you look at exports, tiny Germany is only behind China and not by much. I find I'm buying German appliances now because the US brands have gone to shit and I'm tired of the stuff breaking all the time. The thing is Meile isn't any more expensive than the Chinese and Mexican made shit with GE or Maytag on it. A sad story but it's true.

I'm looking for a good deal and I don't buy junk. Whoever makes it get's my business. If we continue to buy disposable crap that breaks, then that's all they will sell eventually.

Comment

Working...