KFC Double Down: A Very Special Food Review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

The total fat content in a Big Mac is 29 grams, which is approximately 46% of your daily recommended fat intake in one burger. 10 grams of that fat is Saturated Fats, which is 51% of your daily recommended intake of Saturated Fats, and 1.5 grams of that fat is Trans Fats, which is 75% of your daily recommended intake of Trans Fats. In addition, a Big Mac has 75mg of cholesterol (25% of daily recommended intake) and a whopping 1040mg of sodium.
    Yikes!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

The only thing bad about this sammich is the oil cheze..ain't cheese.
      Throw some good -real swiss- on there and more than likely it will also need some good quality smoked bacon and then I would be down.

But as mentioned this is KFC not country club fare.

I am watching my complex carbs and throw most of the bread away on my Mac Attacks adventures.

But then late at night I eat a big sloppy PB&J and Fukk the world it's my life...lol

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by thome
        The only thing bad about this sammich is the oil cheze..ain't cheese.
        Throw some good -real swiss- on there and more than likely it will also need some good quality smoked bacon and then I would be down.
        Dude. That's exactly it. The cheese was not very good.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I Love KFC.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Motherfuck KFC. I haven't been there in a decade, but their restaurants always strike me as dirty and staffed by inbreds. If I want greasy, fried chicken--I'd do Popeyes. At least they have some flavor. Unfortunately, the nearest one closed a few years back...

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Motherfuck KFC. I haven't been there in a decade, but their restaurants always strike me as dirty and staffed by inbreds. If I want greasy, fried chicken--I'd do Popeyes. At least they have some flavor. Unfortunately, the nearest one closed a few years back...
              I hear ya. The last time I came out of KFC with a bucket (using a coupon, as the stuff is waaay overpriced), 3 of the items had feathers on them. I'm as serious as a heart attack in this. I returned them the next day, they replaced the pieces and gave me two biscuits for my trouble. Now that's customer service, eh?

Good call on Popeye's, yet as you said the nearest one to me closed down two years ago. I also miss Bojangles.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

The spicy Popeys with red beans and rice is a good meal for what it is.
                I make a hell of a pot of Red Beans and Rice here at chez thome.
                We should place a recipe in the Max eatery thread?

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by thome
                  The spicy Popeys with red beans and rice is a good meal for what it is.
                  I make a hell of a pot of Red Beans and Rice here at chez thome.
                  We should place a recipe in the Max eatery thread?
                  I dunno man, Zatarain's makes a simple, right out of the box type that really turns out well. All you need to do is add some good churico or spicy Italian sausage to it, as it contains just about everything else.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

I'm not a big fan of KFC - probably go there once a year or so and get the chicken sticks.

But it's this sandwich concept I'm interested in. It's easy enough just to make your own with quality cheese. The advance in sandwich science is just fucking genius, right?

Focus, people.

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      I prefer Church's, myself. Much more affordable than KFC, and their chicken is better, especially the spicy chicken. The gravy and mashed potatoes are better than all the other chicken joints, also, and their biscuits are pretty damn good, too. I don't know if you have Church's in the northeast? I think it's primarily a southern chain, but I may be wrong.

Comment

• Blackflag
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2006

Chic-Fil-A is better than all of those combined. But that's not the point.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          I prefer Church's, myself. Much more affordable than KFC, and their chicken is better, especially the spicy chicken. The gravy and mashed potatoes are better than all the other chicken joints, also, and their biscuits are pretty damn good, too. I don't know if you have Church's in the northeast? I think it's primarily a southern chain, but I may be wrong.
                          Aren't Church's and Popeye's owned by the same company? That might explain the regional diversity, like when CVS bought a bunch of Eckerd drugs stores down here. Rite Aid picked up the rest of them. This has lead to some pretty odd developments in this region, such as being able to use a J.C. Penny credit card at Rite Aid, or having CVS and Rite Aid stores right next to each other. This is much like those gasoline corporation mergers in the eighties, where you wound up with 2 or three Sunoco or Mobil stations on the same corner.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Aren't Church's and Popeye's owned by the same company?
                            Yes, I believe so.

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              I dunno man, Zatarain's makes a simple, right out of the box type that really turns out well. All you need to do is add some good churico or spicy Italian sausage to it, as it contains just about everything else.
                              This is no BS I have a box of that for like 5 years now sitting in the cabinet I look at it and i am like no ..perhaps I should buy a new one and try it.

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The grilled version of that Double Down sandwich has to be awful small, as those Kentucky Grilled Chicken pieces look like they came from a Hummingbird instead of a chicken.

Comment

Working...