KFC Double Down: A Very Special Food Review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It is kinda ironic that a chicken business based in the South would be closed on Sunday, when fried chicken on Sunday is a Southern tradition.

Maybe they should open up around 2 in the afternoon, that way they can get the after church crowd. If it's a religious objection, just hire Jews, 7th day Adventists, or atheists to work on Sundays. Not the voodoo people though. They'll have chicken blood all over the fucking place!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

This looks good, but In N' Out Protein-Style Burgers are the shiznit, btw.

(For the uninitiated, that means lettuce-wrapped)
      Last edited by jhale667; 04-18-2010, 02:23 AM.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        There ain't no goddamn Chic-Fil-A in Yakima. Or anywhere else in this state, for that matter.
        Actually, there is ONE Chick-Fil-A in Washington state according to the Chick-Fil-A website, located in Bellingham, WA.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Hey, they have a "grilled" version of the KFC deal too, that wouldn't be quite as bad as the fried version...but I loves me some original recipe..
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
            Actually, there is ONE Chick-Fil-A in Washington state according to the Chick-Fil-A website, located in Bellingham, WA.
            Well that fucking figures. Now that I don't have a reason to go to Bellingham anymore (unless I'm on a road trip to Canada) they build one up there.

Seems like a weird place to build the first franchise in the state. :confused:

And upon further review, it seems to be a franchise on the campus of WWU anyway, so it's probably not even intended for the general public. Though some of the college kids probably hate the "no Sunday" thing.
            Last edited by FORD; 04-18-2010, 03:06 AM.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by thome
              The spicy Popeys with red beans and rice is a good meal for what it is.
              I make a hell of a pot of Red Beans and Rice here at chez thome.
              We should place a recipe in the Max eatery thread?
              You are correct. They had really good mashed potatoes 'n gravy too... (one of the few things I miss about Northern Virginia, along with Peruvian-style broiled chicken)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                I dunno man, Zatarain's makes a simple, right out of the box type that really turns out well. All you need to do is add some good churico or spicy Italian sausage to it, as it contains just about everything else.
                Love that shit! Chicken also works well...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I prefer Church's, myself. Much more affordable than KFC, and their chicken is better, especially the spicy chicken. The gravy and mashed potatoes are better than all the other chicken joints, also, and their biscuits are pretty damn good, too. I don't know if you have Church's in the northeast? I think it's primarily a southern chain, but I may be wrong.
                  They might have been in the NE for a bit, but left if they were. I think they vacated the mid-Atlantic states too...

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There isn't a KFC on the Cape, and no fast food for forty miles. All we have is private eatery's..
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

While the "no fast food" zoning concept is great for the tourist trade, it can suck for the residents. IT's all great food and the town always looks more quaint. But the idea of sitting down paying 25 bucks minimum when you're by yourself for dinner is a real pain in the ass. Ditto for the "coffee shop" idea when a Dunkin could solve the entire problem. I did a lot of fasting when I was in a town like that.

And I make my own fried chicken. Screw KFC.

Oh dear.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I call it a coronary waiting to happen. That CANNOT be very good for you. Fried Bacon and cheese between two pieces of fried chicken...are they trying to kill people?
                        but how many people get a bucket of KFC, complete with sides, and eat 2 or 3 pieces of chicken, biscuits, and a big 'ol pile of mashed taters n' gravy? where's the outrage over that? can't be much better calorie and fat-wise.

and don't get me started on chicken wings, because then i am guilty.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

A friend of mine owns a restaurant in the next town. I stop in early and get the crew meal for nothing....
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Igosplut is well connected !

Anyone else had Mugshots burgers ?

If you are ever in MS or Alabama, these things are awesome...

On January 10, 2004, Mugshots was born! The guys thanked their friends and family by naming menu items after them.
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Agree that Chick-Fil-A are worth a try....
                              But if given the chance to have traditional Southern Fried Chicken
                              (cooked properly in an independant restaurant down south, I would
                              pass up on all the chain versions) Im kinda glad I dont live there permanently
                              or I would be eating that Southen Fried Chicken all the time
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Doctor Dude
                                Groupie
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Sarge
                                Sorry guys, I will never eat that.
                                I am sure it tastes great though.
                                Some fat pig out there is going to wash that down with fries and a Coke.

Comment

Working...