The Roof, The Roof, The Roof Is On Fire!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah, it sucks that they lost their home and everything in it, but the important thing is that they all got out of it alive. You can always replace a house, but you can't replace someone's life.

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

At first light we were out there with the family gathering clothing, computers, pictures and albums, the lizard and turtle that crawled under a pile magazines to escpae the heat and flames.
      My sweet girl and I made a clothesline across our driveway to hose the ashes and fiberglass insulation from all of their clothing, and as the neighbors came to render assistance we sent them each home with two loads of laundry to clean then return to us for storage. My sweet girl busted her ass cleaning clothing for three college age girls, a 12 year old boy, and the parents. Proud of that chick!

I learned one thing watching that fire grow from small to massive in a matter of three minutes...

HAVE BACKUP EXIT ROUTES PLANNED IN CASE OF FIRE AT HOME

THis I cannot stress enough. I watched this fire grow so phucking fast I was shocked stiff in my boots for a minute. Coming down the stairs that lead you past the front door was NOT an option. Think about it. How the phuck are you going to exit a house if you cannot go downstairs because of an inferno blocking your way?

I will post a couple more pics and vids when I can get back on the house computer.

You know why Sammy Hagar's house will never burn down with him in it?
      Because nobody is that lucky!
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

Working...